Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
2 personals or 1 biz/1personal?
2 personals. Only 2k credit line but I can always move credit around later if needed.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: N/A
My 2nd statement just posted, can anyone give some guidance onto when i can be expecting my points? Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by JBG89
My 2nd statement just posted, can anyone give some guidance onto when i can be expecting my points? Thanks!
From the wiki:
Q. Once I meet the $1000 spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG RC account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your $1000 required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:34 am

Question regarding authorized users and paid stays

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

My wife and I both have the IHG credit card. I will be traveling solo for work and will be staying at an IHG-branded hotel. I could use my CC and get points, but would rather use her card where I am an authorized user on to earn IHG bonus points.

Is this possible? I assume when checking in they would take my IHG #, so which CC I use is almost moot. Am I correct in thinking this? Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:38 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PurdueMan
I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

My wife and I both have the IHG credit card. I will be traveling solo for work and will be staying at an IHG-branded hotel. I could use my CC and get points, but would rather use her card where I am an authorized user on to earn IHG bonus points.

Is this possible? I assume when checking in they would take my IHG #, so which CC I use is almost moot. Am I correct in thinking this? Thanks.
As long as the physical card has your name, they won't care who the primary cardholder is. It's just like any other credit card.

The points for the STAY will post to your account, the points for the CHARGES will post to her account.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
As long as the physical card has your name, they won't care who the primary cardholder is. It's just like any other credit card.

The points for the STAY will post to your account, the points for the CHARGES will post to her account.
EDIT: That's what I needed. Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
In case you were wondering, if you got a XXXX points offer from Into the Nights to apply for the IHG card, you must apply through the portal:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. IHG® Rewards Club member may only receive total amount of points once. Points compliments of IHG® Rewards Club. This Offer will only be rewarded on IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card applications submitted through “Into the Nights” promotional site. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for fulfillment of the bonus points Offer for applying for the card through the Into the Nights Promotion. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation. So that you are awarded your 2,000 point bonus for applying, Chase will provide only your Member ID to IHG.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by calwatch
In case you were wondering, if you got a XXXX points offer from Into the Nights to apply for the IHG card, you must apply through the portal:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. IHG® Rewards Club member may only receive total amount of points once. Points compliments of IHG® Rewards Club. This Offer will only be rewarded on IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card applications submitted through “Into the Nights” promotional site. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for fulfillment of the bonus points Offer for applying for the card through the Into the Nights Promotion. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation. So that you are awarded your 2,000 point bonus for applying, Chase will provide only your Member ID to IHG.
Oh crap! I closed my IHG credit card several months ago, but decided to apply again for the Into the night promo. But the bonus was low, so I used the better 80K link instead...
Oh well, I don't think I had a chance to fullfill all the offers anyway.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
If I canceled my IHG Visa in Oct 2013 and were to apply for the IHG MC now, do you think I'll get the 80k bonus again?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
If I canceled my IHG Visa in Oct 2013 and were to apply for the IHG MC now, do you think I'll get the 80k bonus again?
The deciding factor is not when you canceled the card. It's how long it's been since you got the sign up bonus for that card. If it's been more than 2 years since the bonus posted to your IHG account, you are good to go.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Brugge
The deciding factor is not when you canceled the card. It's how long it's been since you got the sign up bonus for that card. If it's been more than 2 years since the bonus posted to your IHG account, you are good to go.
But isn't the IHG Visa a different product than the IHG MC?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
But isn't the IHG Visa a different product than the IHG MC?
What does the foxwiki say?

(Yes. Yes, it is a different product.)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
The 80K links on the wiki gives error pages now. One says "Site not configured yet"

Any offers for 80K out there still?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by threedjmay
The 80K links on the wiki gives error pages now. One says "Site not configured yet"

Any offers for 80K out there still?
Just tried it and it loaded just fine for me.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Just tried it and it loaded just fine for me.
Same here. Wiki 80K app link working fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.