Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:15 am

Got the video with the 60k offer, looks like the 80k party is over.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I suggest you try again, sending a secure message with the screen shot attached, and point out that you WERE "targeted" after watching the video! Your name and account balance should be showing on the screen shot that offers you the 80K promo after watching the video...
Thanks for the tip. I tried again and this time they approved for 20K extra points!
Thank you.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by flltravel
Thanks for the tip. I tried again and this time they approved for 20K extra points!
Thank you.
Glad to hear it! Happy New Year!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:51 am

opened with link in first page
statement closed yesterday, saw my 80k points woohoo!!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Applied using the link in Post #1. Got approved and confirmed at activation time the 80K points! ^

On the other hand, found out today about the PC points devaluation...
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
Applied using the link in Post #1. Got approved and confirmed at activation time the 80K points! ^

On the other hand, found out today about the PC points devaluation...
what happened?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by factory81
what happened?
I couldn't spot much difference either. I'm debating keeping this card un-used for 12 months to roll the platinum status over for 2013. Worried about getting the account closed for non-use or not giving the points by then. I don't think I'll be able to use the room upgrade this year.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by factory81
what happened?
See this thread about the devaluation:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ry-2012-a.html

It's not massive, but annoying still.

Originally Posted by scwam
I'm debating keeping this card un-used for 12 months to roll the platinum status over for 2013. Worried about getting the account closed for non-use or not giving the points by then. I don't think I'll be able to use the room upgrade this year.
I think I'll keep the card, even if only to buy a cup of coffee every once in a while. The annual free night cert. makes the $49 annual fee worth it IMO.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I never did see an 80K offer to take a screen shot of, but I decided to apply anyway with the 80K link. Instant approval, so I'll see what they send me and hope for 80K but expect 60K. I'll be very disappointed if they give me nothing.

This should reduce the cost of my next trip to Asia a bit. If I'm lucky there will be a PointBreak somewhere.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:57 pm

Some of us have already looked at the javascript code and your are pretty much guaranteed to get the 80k. The display of 60k is just because it's fetching some data from your PC account (possibly status) and then bouncing back either 60 or 80k. As long as you click the 80k link then you are fine. I just opened my PC account last month and reps told me 80k just last week. I also only was shown the 60k offer upon doing the video dozens of times. I also am hoping for points break in Asia, but most of them seem to be in China in just a few cities I don't go to.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scwam
Some of us have already looked at the javascript code and your are pretty much guaranteed to get the 80k. The display of 60k is just because it's fetching some data from your PC account (possibly status) and then bouncing back either 60 or 80k. As long as you click the 80k link then you are fine. I just opened my PC account last month and reps told me 80k just last week. I also only was shown the 60k offer upon doing the video dozens of times. I also am hoping for points break in Asia, but most of them seem to be in China in just a few cities I don't go to.
Good to know. I could use the Shanghai hotels if I had enough vacation time, since my China visa is still good and I wanted to see Shanghai, but unless I quit my job I have to use the little I have left for a trip to Norway. But I will get to Asia after July, when I get new vacation days.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:39 am

Is this still good for 80k points? It doesn't say anything on the application.

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
My points posted

I am glad my points posted, was worried they'd try to stick me with 60k points instead of the 80k in the e-mail offer I received awhile back.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by brp1264
I am glad my points posted, was worried they'd try to stick me with 60k points instead of the 80k in the e-mail offer I received awhile back.
How long does it take to post from the time of approval?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:55 am

Just received my card today. Called to activate and confirmed that the bonus are 80K points (even though the points will be less valuable soon). I applied on 12/31 and the video offer was only 60K at that time. Hoping for the 80K offer and it did. So it may still be alive through the link in the first post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.