Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by teammjs
I don't understand how this is such a hard concept. Is there a time warp where you all are trying to stay in an IHG in East Germany being monitored by the Stasi?

Hotels don't give a damn who is staying in the room or checking out as long as you aren't going to destroy the room or commit felonies in it. And when was the last time you actually had to check out in person?

All the hotel cares about is whether the person asking for a key is authorized, and getting a credit card on file for incidentals. Then you can do what you want with the keys.

So, again, why would I have told him what to do for putting the person on the reservation AND including "X may check in" in the comments, if he still would have to show up to check that person in or check that person out? If he had to show up, why would he have to do what I provided as a solution? He could just get 1 or 2 keys and give them to hookers on the street if he wanted.
TL: DR -
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Husband just got a flyer/booklet saying he was Platinum Elite and had an invite for a free 1k points with a code for watching an advertisement video.. sweet!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Statement just hit. 80k points listed on it. Just checked the IHG website and I'm still listed as a Platinum member, so the churn is complete.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Statement just hit. 80k points listed on it. Just checked the IHG website and I'm still listed as a Platinum member, so the churn is complete.
How long did you wait between cards ? I had my Visa cancelled a month or so when I gt the MC and thus my 2nd 80k
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
How long did you wait between cards ? I had my Visa cancelled a month or so when I gt the MC and thus my 2nd 80k
3 weeks or so? Its a few pages back. I cancelled somewhere in March and applied the beginning of April.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3 weeks or so? Its a few pages back. I cancelled somewhere in March and applied the beginning of April.
I assume that when you canceled the Visa in March, the card was not converted to MC yet?

I canceled husband's Visa on March 27th when it was still a Visa showing online. Yet, overnight, a MC showed up albeit displaying the message of "this account is closed...." Just a day short in taking action.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
I assume that when you canceled the Visa in March, the card was not converted to MC yet?

I canceled husband's Visa on March 27th when it was still a Visa showing online. Yet, overnight, a MC showed up albeit displaying the message of "this account is closed...." Just a day short in taking action.
Correct. I got the cancellation in just before the conversions hit.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Correct. I got the cancellation in just before the conversions hit.
We got screwed on wife's, as I went to cxl the end of month and saw new MC acct already there. Shouldn't have believed the date they told me as they converted online a few days early and cost us 80k
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:10 pm

Did you create a new IHG #. I used my same IIHG number.

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 23, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
We got screwed on wife's, as I went to cxl the end of month and saw new MC acct already there. Shouldn't have believed the date they told me as they converted online a few days early and cost us 80k
As long as it's your own.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Any idea how long we keep Plat status after closing the card?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:39 pm

Used the link last week for my husband's account. He was approved and confirmed the 80k bonus through secure message.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Any idea how long we keep Plat status after closing the card?
It depends. Bear in mind that one used to be able to earn status via earning points, including Chase signup bonuses. I earned an 80K bonus back in late 2012(ish) & still have Plat status despite closing my card account last year.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
It depends. Bear in mind that one used to be able to earn status via earning points, including Chase signup bonuses. I earned an 80K bonus back in late 2012(ish) & still have Plat status despite closing my card account last year.
Interesting. I canceled my Priority Visa 5 weeks ago, hoping to get the bonus for an IHG MC in the near future. So I assumed I would no longer be Plat. But I just checked, and I've got just under 7K points, and the website still lists me as Plat. I rarely pay to stay with IHG, I mainly use our 2 free nights from our ccs, and my wife couldn't be bothered to cancel her card in time to avoid being converted to MC. Since she will be staying Plat due to her cc, it's not really a concern for me. It does make me feel good about IHG that they didn't just dump me from status though. IHG is so much nicer than Hilton.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did you create a new IHG #. I used my same IIHG number.
Same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.