Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I signed up for the 60,000-point offer before checking Flyertalk for better offers (DOH!). Is there any chance that I could get the 80,000-point offer instead?

I know that Chase can be funny about this, but has anyone had any luck? Just looking for a little anecdotal evidence...

Yeah, I'll check FT next time.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:39 pm

This IHG card or Marriot card 70,000 points? Both are chase and so I want to apply for only one. Which one is more valuable and recommended?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
I signed up for the 60,000-point offer before checking Flyertalk for better offers (DOH!). Is there any chance that I could get the 80,000-point offer instead?
Yes, just send Chase a SM asking for the better offer.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:47 pm

applied for 80k but got 60k

I used the link for the 80k bonus, I called in to activate and talked to the representative. She told me I was eligible for 60k and I get $50 after the first purchase.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by coolmuke
This IHG card or Marriot card 70,000 points? Both are chase and so I want to apply for only one. Which one is more valuable and recommended?
I applied and got approved for both. Marriott showed up last week, IHG should be here this week. Really want to try for the hyatt visa but Im not sure if Chase will let me have another card
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:42 am

I applied for the IHG Visa, 80k the end of January, maybe the 24th. First statement just closed last week and this week the 80k bonus points have already posted. Thanks all for your help!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by beltway
Yes, just send Chase a SM asking for the better offer.
Sent Chase Card Services a SM regarding i) switching the 60k offer to the 80k offer and ii) getting my PLT status fast-tracked. Got a friendly reply saying that they'd gladly give me the 80k offer and that they had already contacted IHG requesting that my status be upgraded.

Pretty darn swell. Thanks, y'all!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just applied online via an email solicitation from IHG. Got a decision pending need more info response. Wonder what that means. Will they be calling me? Or just reviewing my account and then either accepting/declining? I have two other Chase accts in good standing. Would be surprised to find I'm declined.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Might as well proactively call into recon.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bribro
Might as well proactively call into recon.

Yeah, it's easier to talk them into approval, than to overturn a denial. Plus you'll get the card sooner that way. Oh, and not spend the time in between doing unnecessary worrying.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:37 pm

I see this card is now a MasterCard. If I had the Visa in the past and canceled, would I be eligible again for the bonus points?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:41 pm

I have the old priority club Visa from over 5 years ago that has no annual fee. Could I sign up for this card and get the bonus or would I have to cancel that card.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by davie355
I see this card is now a MasterCard. If I had the Visa in the past and canceled, would I be eligible again for the bonus points?
Not sure, but I saw other posters claim they had the Priority Club Visa and then applied for the IHG Rewards visa and received the bonus offer.

Awesome spotting the redesigned card which is now a Mastercard as was initially announced in a January 2013 press release. However, I find it interesting and disturbing that they redesigned the new card yet the picture does not show a chip for chip & signature or chip & pin. Since this card has no foreign transaction fees and caters to an audience that will be using their cards internationally (since most IHG properties are international), I would have expected the chip to be added with the launch of the redesigned card. Can anyone who has applied since the Mastercard switch please let me know if the card is finally being issued with chip & signature. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:30 pm

I just applied. Got a pending result. Called 888-871-4649 and had it approved over the phone. I asked for the CSR to confirm the signup promotion and he told me it was 60K points after spending 1K in 3 months. Any ideas why it's not 80K? I used the link in the OP (https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by loheiman
I just applied. Got a pending result. Called 888-871-4649 and had it approved over the phone. I asked for the CSR to confirm the signup promotion and he told me it was 60K points after spending 1K in 3 months. Any ideas why it's not 80K? I used the link in the OP (https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k)
Chase very regularly grants requests for higher bonuses.

Just send an SM saying you signed up through that link and they'll probably match it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.