Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I signed up for the Priority Club Visa via the link in this thread over a year ago, before it changed to the IHG Visa. However, I've never gotten a replacement card with the "IHG" logo, even though my Chase log in shows an IHG card. Anybody else in the same boat? Maybe it got lost in the mail, I don't know, but I guess I never really cared until now, because my IHG Big Win requires me to use my "Chase IHG Visa" to book a stay. And now that I think about it, maybe my card is in someone else's hands!
Have you contacted Chase about this? I don't see how anyone here can help you. If I were you I would contact Chase about getting a new card asap.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I signed up for the Priority Club Visa via the link in this thread over a year ago, before it changed to the IHG Visa. However, I've never gotten a replacement card with the "IHG" logo, even though my Chase log in shows an IHG card. Anybody else in the same boat? Maybe it got lost in the mail, I don't know, but I guess I never really cared until now, because my IHG Big Win requires me to use my "Chase IHG Visa" to book a stay. And now that I think about it, maybe my card is in someone else's hands!
I still have my original Priority cc too. I'm assuming Chase is waiting until it's time to issue a new card, ie the expiration date on the old card, to issue a new one. No reason for them to go to the expense of prematurely issuing new cards. In any case, I doubt they will change the account number, so if you check your account with Chase online, and there are no charges you didn't make, no one has your new card....

As for the Big Win, your priority card should work just fine.

But if it reassures you, call the phone number on the back of your cc and ask the CSR.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:50 am

With "getting $1000 in 3 months" is that in the first 3 billing periods? Or actually 90 days? My january bill is on Jan 6th. But i won't hit my spending requirement for another few days here...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by tdankmyer
With "getting $1000 in 3 months" is that in the first 3 billing periods? Or actually 90 days? My january bill is on Jan 6th. But i won't hit my spending requirement for another few days here...
I think its 3 months from the day you were approved. At least this is the case with Citi credit cards, and they're pretty strict with not giving grace periods.... You may want to call/write Chase to get a definite deadline.

Consider pre-paying your bills to meet the spending limit... I find that I can do this for my electric, water, phone, cable/internet.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN, HH, IHG
Does the 80k offer count for both the Visa Signature AND the Visa Platinum? My last Chase approval was for a $5k limit at the beginning of November so I'm not sure if I will get approved for another Visa Signature.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by tdankmyer
Call or write Chase to confirm your exact date. For my new Chase Sapphire, I was given 103 days from the date of approval. I don't know if it is the same for the IHG rewards card.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:14 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
With the 10% rebate on redemptions, I assume it's after you actually complete the stay? Not after you book them? Is it an unlimited amount of points (i.e. if use 1mm points do you get 100k back?)
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by saranyc
With the 10% rebate on redemptions, I assume it's after you actually complete the stay? Not after you book them? Is it an unlimited amount of points (i.e. if use 1mm points do you get 100k back?)
You get the rebate after you complete the stay. In my experience the rebates have usually come about 3-4 weeks after my stay. I have no idea if there is a limit on the rebates.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:35 pm

Anyone doing the Big Win promotion for possible 95,600 points?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by iliopsoas
Let's continue discussion of the Big Win over in that thread, please: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ng-2014-a.html
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:22 pm

So has there been any confirmation that the new IHG card is different from the old PC card? Can I get the 80k signup bonus if I already have a PC card?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I got approved for the card and for the 80k pts (confirmed) late in December. My first statement just closed and I had $900 or so in spend. Just met the $1000 spend requirement today. I am assuming I will have to wait until the close of my 2nd statement to receive the bonus points? If so, that stinks and I should have done a better job of meeting the spend sooner.....
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:54 pm

Big Win

Originally Posted by iliopsoas
mine was for 112,100 and my husbands for 95,600
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
My first statement just closed and I had $900 or so in spend. Just met the $1000 spend requirement today. I am assuming I will have to wait until the close of my 2nd statement to receive the bonus points?
Welcome to FT!

The wiki at the top of this page (and every page in this thread) answers this question & various other FAQs. In general, the wiki for any given FT thread (or the first post, if there's no wiki) is a good source of collective wisdom.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:19 pm

Data point: Just applied through link above. Instant approval. Cancelled old Chase Priority Club Visa February 2012. Hope I get the 80K. I have 5 chase cards, this is my sixth. Will let you know when it comes. Already showing on line with 4.5K credit line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.