Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
I already have the Visa, but I decided to apply for the 80k MasterCard offer just to see what they'd say. The application went to pending when I submitted it so I called the reconsideration line and I was told that the application was denied because I already have the Visa. My credit report wasn't even pulled.
The trick is to close the visa or offer to close it and then apply for the MC..
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:24 pm

The 80,000 point offer exists for the MasterCard here:

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/

Enter your login information and the PGFTNHNAD3 or SAMPN3YAA39. These codes may only work for targeted accounts, but they worked with with my login credentials and I already have the Visa. After watching a 90 second video you should get a screen showing 1,000 bonus points applied to your account (if you are eligible) and an offer for the 80,000 point MasterCard from Chase with the annual fee waived for the first year.
It told me the promo code has already been redeemed.

I recently signed up for the IHG rewards club and with my membership card came a little flyer advertising this video. It also had a promo code printed on it and when I attempted to redeem it, it said "this code is invalid."
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:17 pm

The 80,000 point offer exists for the MasterCard here:

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/

Enter your login information and the PGFTNHNAD3 or SAMPN3YAA39. These codes may only work for targeted accounts, but they worked with with my login credentials and I already have the Visa. After watching a 90 second video you should get a screen showing 1,000 bonus points applied to your account (if you are eligible) and an offer for the 80,000 point MasterCard from Chase with the annual fee waived for the first year.

Here's a direct link to that application (it shows the MasterCard) with no mention of any bonus points:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

I also was offered the MasterCard with 60,000 bonus points and a $50 statement credit when I was booking a room with IHG this morning.
Thank you!

"SPID=F7RX&CELL=6CXW" is for the 80k bonus link. It is not targeted although we can't find it on Chase's website. It works like the UA50k link.
"SPID=F7RZ&CELL=6H90" is for the 60k bonus which can be found on the Chase website.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:14 pm

I decided to bite the bullet to see what happens. I have the Visa version, applied last year and still under year 1. I got a "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision."
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Some of me wonders if you should have closed the other card and then applied for the MC. Let us know, and thanks for biting the bullet
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by ac921ol
Some of me wonders if you should have closed the other card and then applied for the MC. Let us know, and thanks for biting the bullet
I have a few award stays coming up in May which might/might not be upgraded based on my Platinum status. So, I wanted to keep it for that remote chance. I also wanted to see if this(having Visa while applying for MC) was possible or not. I guess someone had to do it at some point, might as well be me as my contribution for some of the knowledge gained from here. I might call in tomorrow and see what they say.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
The trick is to close the visa or offer to close it and then apply for the MC..
Yes, but some of us are greedy that we want 2 free nights every year.

I already have the Visa, but I decided to apply for the 80k MasterCard offer just to see what they'd say. The application went to pending when I submitted it so I called the reconsideration line and I was told that the application was denied because I already have the Visa. My credit report wasn't even pulled.
Did you put in the same IHG number as the previous Visa?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Yes, but some of us are greedy that we want 2 free nights every year.

Did you put in the same IHG number as the previous Visa?
No, I left it blank just in case it made a difference. It didn't. They still denied me.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:23 pm

Data Point:

I went through the video with the codes (said they had already been used for both of them) and then got the apply now page, but it was for 60K Master Card. Clicked on the apply link, and got this:

No mention of bonus or anything on that page, but it is 60K.

Can anyone else confirm that SPID=F7RX&CELL=6CXW is 80K?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Data Point:

I went through the video with the codes (said they had already been used for both of them) and then got the apply now page, but it was for 60K Master Card. Clicked on the apply link, and got this:

No mention of bonus or anything on that page, but it is 60K.

Can anyone else confirm that SPID=F7RX&CELL=6CXW is 80K?
I used both codes and after each video it ended up saying 60K both I'm the video and at the end after. No sign of 80K anywhere.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by morerum4me
I used both codes and after each video it ended up saying 60K both I'm the video and at the end after. No sign of 80K anywhere.
Can you post the link you got for the 60K MC? Just so people can be aware when applying?

Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:18 pm

After video, I got 80k mastercard offer that led to the same link - https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:57 pm

I just applied for the IHG credit card through the 2nd link:

I was given an immediate approval, but it didn't say for which sign up bonus. I called Chase told them I believed it was for 80k. The person told me I will get 80k points when I spend $1,000 in 3 months. Easy to do right?

So the 80k is still alive it seems!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Can you post the link you got for the 60K MC? Just so people can be aware when applying?

Thanks.
I just followed the instructions from the visa1000.priorityclub.com link in the first post. I'll have to go through the process again to get to the link, but not at a computer right now.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by sanjuk
After video, I got 80k mastercard offer that led to the same link - https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01
Just applied through this link and was told it was for 80,000 miles!! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.