Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had experience with adjustments from the retailer after using shop through Chase?

I bought a high ticket item, it tracked as pending next statement for the amount for the bonus 9xUR.

But as there was a flaw in the item, the shop offered to give 10% back on my CC.

I don't see any T&C against this, but will this 10% refund affect my bonus earnings? (I'm fine with them not giving 9xUR on the refund portion, but the remaining 90%..)
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:44 am

So for Freedom this quarter, it's 5x for department stores. I'm planning on buying some appliances from JCPenny's. If I purchase it through the chase portal, it's 4% back. I'm just wondering if I'll get the 5x back on the purchase and then also the 4x through the portal. Has anyone here tried that or knows? Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by ehuang03
So for Freedom this quarter, it's 5x for department stores. I'm planning on buying some appliances from JCPenny's. If I purchase it through the chase portal, it's 4% back. I'm just wondering if I'll get the 5x back on the purchase and then also the 4x through the portal. Has anyone here tried that or knows? Thanks!
Yes this will stack.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by spoodini
Yes this will stack.
Thank you!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by spoodini
Yes this will stack.
Provided that jcpenney.com uses a Department Store merchant account. Some companies setup their online/catalog/mail/phone business separately from their physical stores.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Chase UR Shop on Amazon vs GC?

Hi all,

I have roughly 224k UR points from a few years of spending. I wanted to cash some out to buy a new PC on Amazon today but noticed:

1) If I choose to redeem for gift cards, I get $1 for every 100 points which means I'll end up with $2,225 with a few points leftover. Unfortunately they don't appear to send virtual gift cards so I would have to wait 5-8 days or pay $10 for expedited shipping.

2) If I choose to shop on Amazon, I'm told I have around $1,750 to spend. So I'm losing $500 for...convenience fee?

I'm a bit flummoxed on why the second option offers such lower value than the first. Obviously I'll wait the couple of days but really feel like in this day and age they should be able to send VGCs immediately. Or make my points worth the same when shopping directly on Amazon as they would be if I redeemed gift cards.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Just charge whatever you want and get a statement credit to pay it off. Besides, you earn points this way.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:19 am

I never used the option to convert UR points to gift card, since I know it only yield $1 per 100 UR points which is quite poor value. But I just checked the UR Shop on Amazon like OP said and it is even worst... $0.80 per 100 UR points. What are they thinking?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Just charge whatever you want and get a statement credit to pay it off. Besides, you earn points this way.
Does Chase issue statement credits on their Saphire cards?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by AKABrownBear
2) If I choose to shop on Amazon, I'm told I have around $1,750 to spend. So I'm losing $500 for...convenience fee?

I'm a bit flummoxed on why the second option offers such lower value than the first.
When you "Pay with Points" on Amazon, Ultimate Rewards are only worth $0.008 per point, not $0.01 per point. Unless you are triggering some sort of promotion, NEVER pay with points on Amazon.

Do what others have said and purchase the PC using a credit card of your choosing, then redeem your Ultimate Rewards points directly into your checking account to offset it. You will have the purchase protection/extended warranty from the credit card you use to make the purchase AND you will earn points/cashback for the purchase.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Shop With Chase, How Long To Post?

I searched but couldn't find an answer for this, how long does it take for Shop With Chase to post the bonus miles? I ordered something through Harry and David that should be 5x, but my JPMR shows just 1 point per dollar. I'm assuming they get posted in time, but I want to make sure I get all my points due. Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:53 pm

if you used any discount coupon code then you wont get any.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by schalliol
I searched but couldn't find an answer for this, how long does it take for Shop With Chase to post the bonus miles? I ordered something through Harry and David that should be 5x, but my JPMR shows just 1 point per dollar. I'm assuming they get posted in time, but I want to make sure I get all my points due. Thanks!
The longest I've had to wait with any chase card is 5 days. Usually its 3 or 4. I'd say if it doesn't post by then, it's probably not going to.

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It may be there but you're not seeing it. You have to go to review all activity in the portal and it will be all the way down at the bottom where it says shop through chase. It should also be seen in the "earn breakdown since last statement."
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by meraki1990
Has anyone had experience with adjustments from the retailer after using shop through Chase?

I bought a high ticket item, it tracked as pending next statement for the amount for the bonus 9xUR.

But as there was a flaw in the item, the shop offered to give 10% back on my CC.

I don't see any T&C against this, but will this 10% refund affect my bonus earnings? (I'm fine with them not giving 9xUR on the refund portion, but the remaining 90%..)
My experience has been whatever the refund is, you lose the points on that amount only, not the entire purchase. But if the merchant will refund to a different card, you won't lose ANY points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.