Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom - 30K UR points if you call - see 5/10 post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom - 30K UR points if you call - see 5/10 post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sun_aa
I have 3 links for 30k. How do I post this without Chase taking it down in a day? I don't want to be inundated with PMs either.
I don't think Chase will pull a 30K just because it is posted here. I'd suggest posting it or expect a lot of PMs. We can edit the title of the thread.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:19 pm

Here's one I, er, 'uncovered' for 30k. The details reference the bonus calendar from 2011, so it's probably an offer from last year, but the link's still active. Wouldn't count on it for long though.

Freedom $300
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
I sent a secure message 2 days ago about getting my recent Chase Freedom card (30k) matched to the 35k offer. I also had my mom and brother sign up for the card while it was at 35k and both were instantly approved. I got a message from Chase this morning saying the following:

"We appreciate your interest in the Chase Freedom bonus
points offer.

Unfortunately we are unable to honor the request and I
apologize for any confusion. The $350 offer is not a
legitimate Chase offer and was not released by us. Please
know that we will consider reviewing the terms of other
offers you receive in the future.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,
Mickey Mouse"

This worried me a bit since I had both family members sign up for the card, so I called Chase and explained the situation and told the rep about the link (he initially had no knowledge of it) and about how both my family members had gotten the card but that the SM said it was invalid. He told me it appears to be a legit offer, and that we should wait for them to get the cards. He also said that once the cards arrive he should be able to match me to the 35k from 30k (without involving the marketing dept, since its only 5k points).
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Majikow
I sent a secure message...
I did the same thing to get matched from 30k and got the same form notice a few days later -- this seems to be Chase's standard line, that it 'wasn't a valid offer'. I gave them a call afterwards and the rep was absolutely adamant that it wasn't a real offer, even going as far to suggest that it was a scam or phishing attempt. Never mind that the link was on Chase's Verisign-verified site - I've got a degree in computer science and don't need any help noticing scams, but the rep wouldn't budge and claimed that the escalation department said the same thing ("not a real offer, bla bla bla").

I think this boils down to "We don't want to match people to this offer, but instead of saying that, we're going to pretend the offer was a scam to make ourselves look better." I'm more annoyed by the subterfuge rather than the denial to match. I'll be very interested to see if you actually get matched to the 35k.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Here's one I, er, 'uncovered' for 30k. The details reference the bonus calendar from 2011, so it's probably an offer from last year, but the link's still active. Wouldn't count on it for long though.

Freedom $300
Nice one Sherlock. Dead now.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by HikerT
Nice one Sherlock. Dead now.
This is what I feared. OTOH, there were 2 more which weren't made public except in a list with quite a bit of noise and they are also dead. Chase is cracking hard. Its better that they do this instead of revising their bonus matching policy. Deals come and go and a 3 month warranty is a great thing to have.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
This is what I feared. OTOH, there were 2 more which weren't made public except in a list with quite a bit of noise and they are also dead. Chase is cracking hard. Its better that they do this instead of revising their bonus matching policy. Deals come and go and a 3 month warranty is a great thing to have.
I was thinking this as well. After I started kicking myself yesterday morning, I realized there's quite a few $150-$200 links still floating out there and that if I remain diligent in the next three months and see a higher offer with an active link I would in that instant secure-message Chase with a matching request.

Let me know if there is a better plan than this...
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by PinnacleJew
I was thinking this as well. After I started kicking myself yesterday morning, I realized there's quite a few $150-$200 links still floating out there and that if I remain diligent in the next three months and see a higher offer with an active link I would in that instant secure-message Chase with a matching request.

Let me know if there is a better plan than this...
I think calling is a better policy than using a secure message - in the $350 case, I think the only people who were able to get the match called up Chase while the offer was still active. Everyone else I'm aware of (myself included) who messaged Chase to ask for the match got no response until after the link was dead, then just got the canned lie about it 'not being a real offer'. They can't ignore you for hours if you call them up.

But yes, it looks like jumping on it ASAP is the best course of action.

As to the dead linkage, I didn't realize there was another list posted with other $300 offers - the one I posted was the only live one I was aware of (which is also why I didn't post any of the other zombie offers I found).
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by womanofaction
I can still see the link.

The reconsideration line was unable to help me The person I talked to said I would have to wait "up to 2 weeks" for a response. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Maybe I'll call back tomorrow.
I applied on 4/4 with the pending note. Called Recon line today and approved after moving credit around.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Smerri
I signed up for the 30,000 point offer, just called in for the bump to 35,000. She said she put in the request to a higher up and I should see the 5,000 point adjustment on May 3 when my next statement posts. Is this the norm or do they usually just make an adjustment?
I just remembered this so I logged in to my Chase account and had 5,000 points waiting in my Freedom UR account for me. Glad I got the bump. Got the most of the Freedom sign up bonus it seems.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
So I finally got around to calling back in since both my mom and brother got emails saying their cards were in the mail. The woman on the phone was very nice, looked it up in the computer, and said that she would submit for the extra 5k points. She said it would need to be reviewed by a supervisor but that it will post to my account in 7-10 days.

Meanwhile, yesterday I received a SM back after replying to the original one about it not being a legitimate offer asking if it was a scam or something that said:

"I apologize for the confusion caused by our previous
e-mail.

While I understand and appreciate your interest in the
Chase Freedom card and its promotions, the reason we are
unable to honor the request to apply the bonus offer for
the application is because the offer is no longer
available. I still hope that you recognize the value of
your Freedom card which will allow you to earn bonus
points on an ongoing basis through the 5% cash back
quarterly bonus offer and the various bonus offers that
are available on the Ultimate rewards Mall.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center. "
It appears for this instance, calling the number on the back of the card is the way to go.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by chased
https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...p.do?SPID=DV9S

Spend $500 in 3 months, get $350 statement credit. Better offer than current Special Credit Card offers.
Thanks even if it was short lived. Both wife and I got in on it while the link was up. Wife confirmed today the $350 after $500 spend. Should have mine soon, it was sent 2 days after hers. We eat out 3-4 times a week so with the bonus it was perfect timing. Looking forward to 5X on the $150-200 per wk starting tonight. Lol I suppose I could hire a cook for that. Thanks again
Confirmed today when activated $350 with $500 spend.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Apr 15, 2012 at 12:45 pm
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Majikow
So I finally got around to calling back in since both my mom and brother got emails saying their cards were in the mail. The woman on the phone was very nice, looked it up in the computer, and said that she would submit for the extra 5k points. She said it would need to be reviewed by a supervisor but that it will post to my account in 7-10 days.

Meanwhile, yesterday I received a SM back after replying to the original one about it not being a legitimate offer asking if it was a scam or something that said:

It appears for this instance, calling the number on the back of the card is the way to go.

My experiences with Chase is the telephone Rep's are very helpful and nice. When I've sent a SM not always the same. In fact some of their SM's were rude when I asked for clarification.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: UA/CL, DL Silver, AA
Originally Posted by chased
https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...p.do?SPID=DV9S

Spend $500 in 3 months, get $350 statement credit. Better offer than current Special Credit Card offers.
Thank you! Just approved today via reconsideration, confirmed the 35,000 offer. Combined with 67000 UR points from my sapphire preferred, I ought to have something fun to do soon...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: Lotz
Offer Code for 35K

After searching thread I found the offer codes for the 35K offer - DV95 and DV9S.

CSR often wants those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.