Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I just applied and was approved for the 70,000 pts offer. I don't currently have a Marriott number so I'm guessing they will assign me one - will they send the number along with the new card? Or do I have to call Marriott to find out?
They might communicate before hand, but in any case the number is on the card.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I probably should have signed up for the MR program first, then applied for the cc, but oh well, I'm sure it will get straightened out.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:06 pm

I probably should have signed up for the MR program first, then applied for the cc, but oh well, I'm sure it will get straightened out.
Eujeanie, a couple questions if you could answer them based on your approval, since there is some debate if Chase has recently changed their approval policy on co-branded cards.

1. How many new credit card accounts (including as joint or an authorized user on another person's account) have you opened in the last 2 years?

2. How many Chase cards are you currently holding and what is their combined Credit Line (not counting the Marriott)?

3. Were you auto-approved or did you have to wait (and if you had to wait, did you call and talk to someone at Chase)?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
1. I think I've only opened a new Starwood Amex in the past 2 years, which I'll be cancelling this time around because of the AF increase. All of our other cards we've had for more than 2 years each (between us about 8 different cards, some where I'm the primary and some where he is).

2. My husband currently has the Chase Marriott, and I'm the secondary on it, and I think the credit limit is in the 20's (the one I was approved for was a $24K limit). Edit: I could not remember how long he has had the Chase Marriott, pretty sure it has been more than 2 years, but not positive, that's why I didn't want to run into that 24 month rule and applied under my own name, I did not put him as a secondary (yet) until I make sure I get the card and bonuses first.

(just checked and the credit limit on his existing card is $22.5)

3. It was instant (not more than a second or two), never talked to anyone. I took a screen shot of the 70,000 pt offer and of my approval notification.

Not sure how this can help anyone else...

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jun 19, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will get an account opened for you but you also miss a bonus for new member - there is a referral bonus for both the referer and the referee. The thread of such is in Marriott forum right on FT. Potential members post their requests for a referral and then existing members would send PM - it is a Win Win situation.

It is sad to see so many folks dont bother to check the OTHER forums that are for specific programs (Airlines, hotels) and only read the credit card forums, (sometimes even totally miss the STICKY).

The reason a poster asked you about the background on your successful application is because Chase has tightened their rules A Lot since late May. The new, very stringent rules do not apply in your case as your new account count in past 24 months is minimal, way below the threshold now is in place.

I just feel sorry that you and your husband both miss out a referral bonus because he can refer you to become a Marriott Reward member.

One more thing, unless there is a need, otherwise, DONT put each other to be an AU on the Primary card. It does not help (since you obviously have good credits) but often HARM things. Read the STICKY on Apply Chase card, yu will understand why.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
DH just received anniversary cat 1-5 cert. It's now 1 year expiration.
The landing pages that I've seen still mention only a 6-month validity: "The E-Certificate must be redeemed within 6 months from date of issue."

Would anyone have something in writing indicating a 1-year validity?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
My AF just hit and I'm trying to determine if I want to keep this card or PC it to a no AF card. First and foremost, is that even possible? A CS or Freedom (just approved for this though) or Slate? If not, then I'll probably keep it...buttttt:

I hardly put any spend on this. Any spend at a hotel, even Marriott, is going on my Citi Premier. The cat 1-5 certificate is useless since I never stay at those category hotels. However, the 15 night boost to elite status is nice, but $85 nice? Not sure. That's probably the main benefit from this card I'll get as I won't be putting much (if any) spend on it and the certificate isn't too useful....thoughts?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by pritomd
My AF just hit and I'm trying to determine if I want to keep this card or PC it to a no AF card. First and foremost, is that even possible? A CS or Freedom (just approved for this though) or Slate? If not, then I'll probably keep it...buttttt:

I hardly put any spend on this. Any spend at a hotel, even Marriott, is going on my Citi Premier. The cat 1-5 certificate is useless since I never stay at those category hotels. However, the 15 night boost to elite status is nice, but $85 nice? Not sure. That's probably the main benefit from this card I'll get as I won't be putting much (if any) spend on it and the certificate isn't too useful....thoughts?
Why do you even have this card if the certificate isn't too useful?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Why do you even have this card if the certificate isn't too useful?
When I first got the card I had a card for airfare, and this card for hotels (travel for work). As my patterns changed now I'm putting all travel costs on a point-earning card rather than my AA/Marriott cards. Also, at the time there were a lot more cat 5 hotels I'd stay at!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Received an offer for 80K Marriott Rewards with First Year Annual Fee Not waived

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...omo/?CELL=679Z. Expires August 31, 2015
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Annual fee not waived, so basically you're paying $85 for 10k marriott points, since the 70k offer with annual fee waived is still available:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...mier/phdmoffer
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:24 pm

If anyone is curious, I can't PC this card into anything besides the $45 Marriott or a Ritz card. I'm sure this is expected, but I wanted to try and weasel my way into an AF card if possible. I'm keeping the Premier card anyway for the opening date (and I want it to last more than 10 years), 15 elite night credit, and maybe one day I'll find a 1-5 to stay at.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:33 pm

So, just to get this straight-- for the 70K offer, you get the 70K points AND a 1-4 cert?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
So, just to get this straight-- for the 70K offer, you get the 70K points AND a 1-4 cert?
Correct. For those who, like me, came here looking for details about this 80k offer that you may have heard about, don't bother.

70k offer: 70k miles, free category 1-4 night, AF waived the first year, $2000 spend
80k offer: 80k miles, no free night, $85 AF not waived, $3000 spend

Calling this a no-brainer is an insult to no-brainers.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:52 pm

Sorry if this has been answered - do these Marriot points combine with my Ritz points (I log in through Marriot for RC points)? And if they do, that means I can combine them for a flight and hotel package? Just asking because I have 160k RC points laying around and nothing to do with them. TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.