Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paulchili
How can you be sure that this is the application for the 70K and not 50K?
The URL clearly shows this application is for the DN7M offer promo code. The DN7M has always been the 70K offer. Now, of course, in the future, they could redefine it at some point.

But your quesiton could be asked in any case. You can't even be sure that an application that starts from an Offer X landing page is actually for Offer X. There have been cases in the past, for example, where a landing page had expired, was still up, buit apps linked from it eventualy got you a different offer. (Presumably in that case the bank didn't realize the app page was still linked from an expired-by-still-up landing page, and replaced the offer the app page was coded for desipte there still being a landing page.)

So my estimation is, that while there is a slight risk of DN7M being redefined, it's not much more likely because the landing page is down than it would be if the landing page was up (but forgotten by the bank).
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The URL clearly shows this application is for the DN7M offer promo code. The DN7M has always been the 70K offer. Now, of course, in the future, they could redefine it at some point.

But your quesiton could be asked in any case. You can't even be sure that an application that starts from an Offer X landing page is actually for Offer X. There have been cases in the past, for example, where a landing page had expired, was still up, buit apps linked from it eventualy got you a different offer. (Presumably in that case the bank didn't realize the app page was still linked from an expired-by-still-up landing page, and replaced the offer the app page was coded for desipte there still being a landing page.)

So my estimation is, that while there is a slight risk of DN7M being redefined, it's not much more likely because the landing page is down than it would be if the landing page was up (but forgotten by the bank).
Perhaps reminiscent of the recent Citi 75K links, where the landing page was missing and the link still provided the "expected" outcome.
Even there, however, were a number of surprising outcomes - such as people applying for a card with 1.5K spending and getting a card with 4K spending.
It is a bit of a "roulette" but it seems to work most of the time.
Here is hoping!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:47 pm

FWIW, I just got an email from Marriott last night that actually confirms the 70K bonus. I applied before the landing page broke though.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
Is this offer still working?

Has anybody managed to apply and get the offer after the landing page had broken?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
Has anybody managed to apply and get the offer after the landing page had broken?
I applied on Monday the 7th and was approved immediately. At the time I applied the landing page was no longer working.

Muji:
Also called the rewards line today to see if maybe a different agent would give me different info about using points in conjunction with the cert. Ended up talking to a computerized voice that kept telling me to go to the hotel page and use my points. Will call again on Monday, talk to alive person and report back.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ekartash
When do the points normally post? Is it after statement closing?
Hi
I have the same question, what is "usually" the timeframe to get the points since the first purchase? Any experience with previous chase marriott card?

Thank you!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
should be a couple days after statement closing
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:23 pm

I'm new. I applied and was instantly approved last night. I applied online, but I called the toll free number first to confirm that the 70,000 offer was still valid. I was told that it was at that time. My husband applied after me. He was not instantly approved. I tried to call today but they said it has to process though the system. How long does that usually take? Is there any point to calling reconsideration line before we get a letter?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nikita606
I'm new. I applied and was instantly approved last night. I applied online, but I called the toll free number first to confirm that the 70,000 offer was still valid. I was told that it was at that time. My husband applied after me. He was not instantly approved. I tried to call today but they said it has to process though the system. How long does that usually take? Is there any point to calling reconsideration line before we get a letter?
Welcome to FT nikita606, AKA "credit card central". I would only wait about 3 days & then call the recon. # & see it he has been approved. That's what I did. You can verify 70K offer then.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. I guess we will try calling Monday or Tuesday. We only had one chase card until August. It was a perfect card-no longer available. Chase discontinued the perfect card and changed it to Freedom card. I didn't want to cancel the card because it is our oldest card. I asked Chase to honor the offer for new freedom cards and they refused. CSR said only way to get the $300 bonus was to apply for another freedom card before the perfect card was converted over, or we would never be eligible for the freedom card bonus. So now we have 2 freedom cards - I don't want the second one - and pending status on the Marriott which we do want.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:54 pm

I read all 16 pages before asking -

Is the free night e-certificate good for 6 months or 1 year?

Is this better than the Hyatt deal for 2 free nights with minimum spending?

Is the 70k plus one free night the best Marriott has ever offered? I am looking for hotel program sign up bonuses now.

I have not applied for any Chase cards for the last 6 months but this year I applied for Southwest, Sapphire, Continental and British Airways. Should I be able to be approved for this ( my Fico is very high)?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
6 months
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Still new to the game but growing everyday!
Originally Posted by metoo
I read all 16 pages before asking -

Is this better than the Hyatt deal for 2 free nights with minimum spending?

Is the 70k plus one free night the best Marriott has ever offered? I am looking for hotel program sign up bonuses now.

I have not applied for any Chase cards for the last 6 months but this year I applied for Southwest, Sapphire, Continental and British Airways. Should I be able to be approved for this ( my Fico is very high)?

Thanks in advance
I can answer the first question easily. The free night cert is good for 6 months from when you apply. The same applies for the anniversary cert you get each year.

This offer is better than the recent offer for this card of 50k points. The extra 20k points basically equals another free night at a mid-range property. I've read about some people hoping for Chase to offer a clean 100k but that is unlikely.

As for Hyatt vs this card...that's probably a personal call. The Hyatt card is limited to the 2 free nights but it can be two nights at a really expensive property. With 70k Marriott points, you can potentially stretch that into 5+ nights. Realistically it's worth 3 nights at most Marriotts and 2 nights at a Cat 7 property. From a flexibility perspective, the Marriott bonus is the better option.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Also, previous Marriott offers were only for 50K points and no free night certificate (only an anniversary cert. after 1 year), IIRC.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by muji
I recently e-mailed Marriott about this same question (using a category 1-4 certificate at a category 5 or 6 hotel by adding points) and they said this is not allowed.
Yes your right said the same crap in the stuff I read after my card came.

But anyway I finally got my card. And already used it once. So hopefully the points are there sooner rather then later. But I don't need them at the moment so does not really matter how long it takes as long as I get them.

Also 1 question..........It says "Your full benefits guide will be arriving in just a few days." So I guess I should look out for that in the mail? How soon after the card does that usually arrive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.