Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I got 70K about a month ago. The phone rep tripped over that sentence of my explanation of benefits and said she had to re-read it because it was unusual.

My wife wanted one also so I tried to get her 70K tonight and couldn't. Clicking on the reddish 60K box on the page that appears after signing in to the rewards account gave a live 60K landing page after several tries of clciking assorted things.

EDIT: I'm a little nervous as I just tried the link again and it failed and redirected to 50K. I went back and took a screen shot of the Marriott homepage and the landing page in case this doesn't work out.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL, UA, lotsa hotels
The 70K points landed at first billing, having had sufficient spend in the first month. This was from an application about 5 wks ago that was submitted per the top of this thread, i.e. I switched from the 50K to the 70K offer by changing the application's URL. Hope it still works for you!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
In case anyone is interested...

40,000 points + $100, all other benefits same.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...6SS0&SPID=F2RJ
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:56 am

Grrrrr - Chase closed my 1st billing period on the very day I met my minimum spend, which was only 17 days into account opening, rather than a full month. And meeting my minimum spend wasn't included in the statement. There's this little part of me that thinks they did it on purpose to delay me getting my points by a month! Am I just being paranoid?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Although reliable recent data points are depressingly scarce, the traditional view is that Chase cards are churnable only after a wait of ~2 years from cancellation of the previous card of the same type. If you reapply sooner, you may get the card, followed by a letter advising you of bonus ineligibility. (Note: because the free night cert is issued by Marriott, which has a once-per-account limit, you will not get another free night cert in any event.)

For general discussion of Chase application policies, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Just got an email invite for the 70k. I wonder if that bypasses the wait time required for a churn (like the AA card from Citi seemingly does). I wish they did as the wiki for the AA 50k offer states for that offer, where if you were approved, you know you are getting miles. I canceled mine in Nov 2012.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by highops
I got 70K about a month ago. The phone rep tripped over that sentence of my explanation of benefits and said she had to re-read it because it was unusual.

My wife wanted one also so I tried to get her 70K tonight and couldn't. Clicking on the reddish 60K box on the page that appears after signing in to the rewards account gave a live 60K landing page after several tries of clciking assorted things.

EDIT: I'm a little nervous as I just tried the link again and it failed and redirected to 50K. I went back and took a screen shot of the Marriott homepage and the landing page in case this doesn't work out.
Got the 60K offer.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by kitkatft
Grrrrr - Chase closed my 1st billing period on the very day I met my minimum spend, which was only 17 days into account opening, rather than a full month. And meeting my minimum spend wasn't included in the statement. There's this little part of me that thinks they did it on purpose to delay me getting my points by a month! Am I just being paranoid?
Without any shadow of a doubt yes you are!!!!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:00 am

I received the 70,000 point bonus offer, from the Marriott site, after making a point reservation a few days ago.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by LittleKittens
I received the 70,000 point bonus offer, from the Marriott site, after making a point reservation a few days ago.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

that's the landing page, when you click apply now it says offer expired and redirects you to the 50k offer
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
that's the landing page, when you click apply now it says offer expired and redirects you to the 50k offer
LOL you are right. I wonder why Marriot would offer everyone who makes a reservation 70,000 points only to have it drop 20,000 points when someone wants to take them up on their offer? Isn't that bait and switch? Or is there a communication problem between Chase and Marriott?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by LittleKittens
LOL you are right. I wonder why Marriot would offer everyone who makes a reservation 70,000 points only to have it drop 20,000 points when someone wants to take them up on their offer? Isn't that bait and switch? Or is there a communication problem between Chase and Marriott?
if you follow the Wiki, the 70K offer is still working
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by istroke
if you follow the Wiki, YMMV
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by istroke
I may apply for this card so I'll follow it. I just saved the screen shot just in case.

I thought the Wiki was helping everyone revive a 2011 offer, it surprises me that it's a current offer but the link doesn't work, and hasn't worked for quite some time, they must be aware of it by now.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Originally Posted by kdjk5467
Just got an email invite for the 70k. I wonder if that bypasses the wait time required for a churn (like the AA card from Citi seemingly does). I wish they did as the wiki for the AA 50k offer states for that offer, where if you were approved, you know you are getting miles. I canceled mine in Nov 2012.
I'm pretty sure Chase doesn't allow "churn" of their CCs, unless something has changed with them, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:27 pm

If anyone is wondering, this still works (as of 9/28/13) if you follow the directions in the wiki. Confirmed with rep that I signed up for the 70k offer.

Was anyone able to expedite their card? They said to call back in a couple of days to see if I can expedite it because the card number has not been made now. In the past, I was rush a card moments after applying, so I am not sure if the CSR was uninformed. I searched the forum and didn't find anyone mentioning they were able to expedite. I'd rather not wait to get this card in 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.