Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, Delta
If I get a message that my decision requires more information, should I call a number, or what is your suggestion?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:24 am

Marriott Rewards Premier Sign-up Bonus

I just signed up for the Marriott Rewards Premier card as it had a 40k sign-up bonus.

When registering for the Marriott Rewards account it asked me my earning preference between points and miles. I opted for the United miles as UA is my only available carrier.

Will this preference affect my 40k bonus point load after spending my initial 1k, or will it ignore my preference and load points?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: MR Plat/AA EXP/DL Silver/SPG Plat/HH Gold/Hyatt Plat/
Originally Posted by thepointseeker
I just signed up for the Marriott Rewards Premier card as it had a 40k sign-up bonus.

When registering for the Marriott Rewards account it asked me my earning preference between points and miles. I opted for the United miles as UA is my only available carrier.

Will this preference affect my 40k bonus point load after spending my initial 1k, or will it ignore my preference and load points?
Nope, you're going to get the 40k Marriott points posted to your account but anytime you stay at a Marriott you're going to get UA miles going forward
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thepointseeker
Welcome to FlyerTalk, thepointseeker.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you did things out of order (applying for the Marriott 40k offer first, then coming here).

Had you looked around on FlyerTalk before singing up, you could probably have gotten a 70k bonus instead:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...mier-visa.html
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Had you looked around on FlyerTalk before singing up, you could probably have gotten a 70k bonus instead:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...mier-visa.html
You may still be able to get the 70k if you send a secure message to Chase. They are sometimes willing to give the extra points if you ask nicely.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:29 pm

Hi, thanks. I will send them secure message and ask nicely. The offer did include a $100 gift card and free night, but 30k extra points likely out-weigh that.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:17 pm

My 70k points posted recently. Got the card last month. Big thanks to FT for the link to the higher bonus.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P MM
Still works, thanks for the walkthrough!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:06 pm

Can my sister with a different married last name, allow me to use her Marriott Premier Visa Anniv. Free Night, 1-5 Hotels ? she will NOT be present @ Check-in.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ual902
Can my sister with a different married last name, allow me to use her Marriott Premier Visa Anniv. Free Night, 1-5 Hotels ? she will NOT be present @ Check-in.

I've placed a reservation under my name for my parents (I had elite status) when they traveled to Vegas a week ago. I called the hotel and said that my parents and I were on different flights and that they would check in earlier than me, the hotel clerk said it was fine and he would put a note on my reservation. My parents checked in and used their credit card to pay the bill (I never showed up and hotel didn't know any better).
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
So I'm planning my next AOR and trying to decide if I should get this card (or the United Biz card). I'm already platinum, so the 15 night elite credit won't really help me too much until next year when I renew my card.

I'm wondering how likely the 70k will be around next year. I'm Platinum so it's always shown 70k for me. Are there any better targeted offers I should wait for? I got a "targeted" 40k + $100 statement credit, but that was just meh.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:17 pm

I've read many pages of this thread and found a couple people who say that got the bonus twice. I've also seen people point out the terms say that the bonus is only for new card holders. Has anyone actually tried and failed to get the bonus twice? I canceled in November 2012 after the last 70k bonus.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by kdjk5467
I've read many pages of this thread and found a couple people who say that got the bonus twice. I've also seen people point out the terms say that the bonus is only for new card holders. Has anyone actually tried and failed to get the bonus twice? I canceled in November 2012 after the last 70k bonus.
Although reliable recent data points are depressingly scarce, the traditional view is that Chase cards are churnable only after a wait of ~2 years from cancellation of the previous card of the same type. If you reapply sooner, you may get the card, followed by a letter advising you of bonus ineligibility. (Note: because the free night cert is issued by Marriott, which has a once-per-account limit, you will not get another free night cert in any event.)

For general discussion of Chase application policies, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
70K MarriotRP + (2) free nights

Got email yesterday.
Is this best MarriottRP offer out there? Thanks!:

"Earn 70,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
As a valued Marriott Rewards® member, it is our pleasure to offer you the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card, featuring an exclusive limited time offer. Apply by September 30, 2013, and you will earn:
• 70,000 bonus points* after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
• 1 FREE night stay* (Category 1-4) after account approval
Apply today and as a Premier Cardmember, you'll also receive:
• 1 additional FREE night stay (Category 1-5) every year after your account anniversary date*
• Unlimited rewards accumulation including:
• 5 points for every $1 spent at over 3,600 Marriott® properties*
• 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants*
• 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else*
• No foreign transaction fees† and enjoy global acceptance with
Chip and Signature technology
• 15 Credits toward your next Elite membership level every year after your account anniversary*
• 1 additional Elite Credit for every $3,000 you spend on the card in purchases*
Plus, apply now and the introductory annual fee is $0 for the first year; thereafter $85!†"
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
Got email yesterday.
Is this best MarriottRP offer out there? Thanks!:

"Earn 70,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
As a valued Marriott Rewards® member, it is our pleasure to offer you the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card, featuring an exclusive limited time offer. Apply by September 30, 2013, and you will earn:
• 70,000 bonus points* after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
• 1 FREE night stay* (Category 1-4) after account approval
Apply today and as a Premier Cardmember, you'll also receive:
• 1 additional FREE night stay (Category 1-5) every year after your account anniversary date*
• Unlimited rewards accumulation including:
• 5 points for every $1 spent at over 3,600 Marriott® properties*
• 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants*
• 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else*
• No foreign transaction fees† and enjoy global acceptance with
Chip and Signature technology
• 15 Credits toward your next Elite membership level every year after your account anniversary*
• 1 additional Elite Credit for every $3,000 you spend on the card in purchases*
Plus, apply now and the introductory annual fee is $0 for the first year; thereafter $85!†"
Yes except mine was for 1 night and the annual fee was I think is $49. But the 2nd night is easly worth $100+ and you're only paying $36 for it. So if you use the 2 nights it's way better. Plus the spend for elite credit is also a plus. ^

Last edited by jjmiller69; Aug 29, 2013 at 7:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.