Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:31 pm

I wanted to chime in and say that I applied for the 50k point bonus card. When I was notified that my 1 free night had been credited to my Marriott account, I logged in to check.

I noticed a link for a 70k bonus point offer. I sent Chase a secure message professionally stating that I had recently applied for a 50k offer and then shortly after saw an offer for 70k, mentioned I had heard good things about Chase's customer service, and asked if there was anyway to have my reward bumped up to the 70k.

I received a response very quickly that indicated what my current offer was (For 50k) and followed with:

"...As a gesture of our commitment to you, once you have spent the required $1,000 we will honor the offer and issue an additional 20,000 points..."

Great customer service experience, and a Chase recommendation from me.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:50 pm

Any chance of posting that working 70k link?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
It's more-or-less 2 nights at a mid-tier property.

I just wish that 1-4 cert was a 1-5. Seems all the decent properties start appearing at 5+
A mid-tier property? I think not...

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/poin...dType=Standard

35,000 is the Standard Award Rate (non-Saver) for Category 7 properties. Peruse the Category chart. I'm seeing 2 nights at a number of JW properties and the Autograph Bosocolo in Venice for 70k... (availability pending of course).
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by jreddick
I wanted to chime in and say that I applied for the 50k point bonus card. When I was notified that my 1 free night had been credited to my Marriott account, I logged in to check.

I noticed a link for a 70k bonus point offer. I sent Chase a secure message professionally stating that I had recently applied for a 50k offer and then shortly after saw an offer for 70k, mentioned I had heard good things about Chase's customer service, and asked if there was anyway to have my reward bumped up to the 70k.

I received a response very quickly that indicated what my current offer was (For 50k) and followed with:

"...As a gesture of our commitment to you, once you have spent the required $1,000 we will honor the offer and issue an additional 20,000 points..."

Great customer service experience, and a Chase recommendation from me.
okay I am right with you on this. I just got the exact situation. I have not called in yet. I was thinking about applying for the 70,000 offer and trying to get both. Are they the same card? this way I would get 2 free nights and 120,000 points.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by terrydude47
okay I am right with you on this. I just got the exact situation. I have not called in yet. I was thinking about applying for the 70,000 offer and trying to get both. Are they the same card? this way I would get 2 free nights and 120,000 points.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The free night is awarded by Marriott, and it is only awarded once. I have had a Marriott standard Visa opened 2009, premium Visa opened 2012, and business Visa opened 2012, in that order. I got a free 1-4 cat night for the first card, none for the second card, and since the business card offers 2 free nights, I did actually get one additional night for the business card.

The 50k offer you applied for is a premium Visa, and so is the 70k card. Since they are both premium Visas, the chance of you getting both bonuses is very close to zero from what I understand about Chase.

However, there is a chance that Chase would open a second card for you assuming your credit score warrants it. Chase will open new accounts without giving you a bonus.

So, in essence, your chances of getting 120k points out of this are very low. But you could get another bonus if you applied for the Chase Business Marriott. The last time I looked, the business card had a 30k bonus. Don't know what the current offer is.

Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
A mid-tier property? I think not...

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/poin...dType=Standard

35,000 is the Standard Award Rate (non-Saver) for Category 7 properties. Peruse the Category chart. I'm seeing 2 nights at a number of JW properties and the Autograph Bosocolo in Venice for 70k... (availability pending of course).
I agree 100%. There are some fantastic Category 7 properties - two free nights at one of them is a great deal.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The free night is awarded by Marriott, and it is only awarded once. I have had a Marriott standard Visa opened 2009, premium Visa opened 2012, and business Visa opened 2012, in that order. I got a free 1-4 cat night for the first card, none for the second card, and since the business card offers 2 free nights, I did actually get one additional night for the business card.

The 50k offer you applied for is a premium Visa, and so is the 70k card. Since they are both premium Visas, the chance of you getting both bonuses is very close to zero from what I understand about Chase.

However, there is a chance that Chase would open a second card for you assuming your credit score warrants it. Chase will open new accounts without giving you a bonus.

So, in essence, your chances of getting 120k points out of this are very low. But you could get another bonus if you applied for the Chase Business Marriott. The last time I looked, the business card had a 30k bonus. Don't know what the current offer is.

thanks for info.I am doing this for my wife also. We both just got reward numbers also.
I got my reward number and applied for card right away. got approved. (50,000 bonus) and free night. signed in to check on free night and got the 70,000 point offer.

now my wife has not applied for card yet and when you sign in to her award account it only has the 50,000 offer.
so something is not stacking up.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by terrydude47
thanks for info.I am doing this for my wife also. We both just got reward numbers also.
I got my reward number and applied for card right away. got approved. (50,000 bonus) and free night. signed in to check on free night and got the 70,000 point offer.

now my wife has not applied for card yet and when you sign in to her award account it only has the 50,000 offer.
so something is not stacking up.
I don't believe the links are tied to your account. If you visit the link, anyone should be able to sign up with the link.

Regardless, definitely log into your Chase account that you got the 50k off for and send them a secure message requesting the bump. Make sure to be professional and courteous about it, and you'll probably get the bump.

But the link provided by the OP of this thread is the one I referenced to get the agent to agree.

I did give them this link:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

and also attached a PDF print version of the page (for the off chance the page was removed before I got a response) to the Secure Message.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:36 pm

just tried to get the 70k offer. page pulls up fine up app redirects to the 50k.

damn.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:02 pm

My husband just got the 70k offer in the mail. Not much good it does, he was rejected last month for this card and I have to do a reconsideration call for him for the Chase Freedom. Such a tease!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Anyone have success applying for this bonus multiple times? Applied for a Marriot premier card with a bonus a while ago; canceled the card 12 months ago. Am planning on waiting 6 more months...but wanted to see if this would even be worth my time.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
just tried to get the 70k offer. page pulls up fine up app redirects to the 50k.

damn.
If you can't get the 70k offer to load, apply for the 50k version and send a Secure Message to Chase after you are approved, asking nicely for them to match the 70k offer. Chase is very good with matching offers and I along with many others have had success in doing this.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Since I've just applied for the premier visa can i apply for the regular marriott visa and still get the bonus which shows 30k?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
I followed the instructions in the Wiki to the tee, and BAM, 70K points are now posted to my Marriott account! Thanks FT! ^
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:38 pm

My wife just received the Marriott card with 50k about a month ago. She called customer service about a week ago and indicated she had seen a better offer of 70K points and asked if they would add 20k points to her account. The CSR indicated Marriott marketing would reply by mail. Today she got a postcard indicating the 20k is being added to her account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.