Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:41 am

about $350 at rewards 2 cash. Probably much more if you want to use your points for hotel stays.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by raccah
Wow, I just clicked the URL at on the wiki for the 70K link and it showed up fine:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

Is Marriot also degrading their points? What does 70K get you?

Thanks!
It's more-or-less 2 nights at a mid-tier property.

I just wish that 1-4 cert was a 1-5. Seems all the decent properties start appearing at 5+
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Re-applying for Marriott Premier Visa

Can I re-apply for Marriott Premier visa? Registration bonus points would be nice but I really 15nights for retaining my Plat status. I had the card for a year and I had it cancelled about 4months ago. During the period when I had it, it was heavily used at Marriott properties so it just wasn't for sign-up bonus.

Can I get those 15 elite qualifying nights (this year) if I re-apply?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
That's a good question! In the past, people have had problems getting the bonus for a Chase card they already had. But this poster has a different experience.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20972892-post1355.html

There is also a lot of conflicting information here on Chase and bonuses for cards that people previously had. There are rumors that say that after 2 years they got the bonus again. But all the posts I have seen that say that are from people who do have not personally gotten the same bonus 2 years later. The second train of thought is that Chase will never give the bonus for the same card twice no matter how long the time frame between cards.

Chase has been known to issue new cards, and then refuse to give the bonus.

Chase will let people get the same bonus for a different card. Periodically, Chase will rebrand similar cards. For example, for the Sapphire preferred people had success getting a second bonus for the Mastercard when they previously had a Visa because the Mastercard was a slightly different product.

If you were willing to give it a try and post your results, there are several people here that would be interested to hear how it turns out!

Edited to add:

There is a decent chance that Chase may be willing to issue the new card, but you won't get the cat 1-4 free night from Marriott or the 70k points. But you may get the 15 nights. No guarantees, though.

Last edited by jeanie; Jul 15, 2013 at 1:44 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Can I re-apply for Marriott Premier visa? Registration bonus points would be nice but I really 15nights for retaining my Plat status. I had the card for a year and I had it cancelled about 4months ago. During the period when I had it, it was heavily used at Marriott properties so it just wasn't for sign-up bonus.

Can I get those 15 elite qualifying nights (this year) if I re-apply?
The worst they can do is say no on the bonus.I have received the Marriott signup bonus about 10 times in the past 8 years but I never applied back for the same card after cancelling as early as ( 4 months ) you are

I believe Chase has 3 different Marriott cards, 2 personal and 1 business so maybe you would have better luck picking a different card

Let us know how you make out.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:25 pm

Is the 15/10 night bonus only after 1year or do I get it when I get the card?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:40 pm

You would get the 15 or 10 night bonus as soon as you get the card, and for as long as the card is open. As soon as the card is closed, the nights go away.

flyer4512 has a good point. Since 2009, I have gotten 3 Marriott card bonuses: one for the basic card, one for the premier, and one for the business. Three different products.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
You would get the 15 or 10 night bonus as soon as you get the card, and for as long as the card is open. As soon as the card is closed, the nights go away.
jeanie I don't think you are (completely) right on this one. Once the year rolls over, then it doesn't matter. My card was opened sometime in 2012 and I cancelled right before the annual fee was due. Their retention bonus was a lame offer of 3000 Marriott points.

Anyways, I didn't see 15nights taken away from my account. My rollover stay of 50nights and stay nights are still the same.

Flyer4512, thanks. I didn't think about the other cards. Might look into the other cc with 10nights. However, it still leaves me 6nights short of plat.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:45 pm

That is interesting to know that the 15 nights didn't go away. When I canceled my regular Marriott Visa card a few years ago, they took away my 10 night bonus very quickly.

But from my experience that you will not get an additional 10 nights added to the 15 if you get a standard Marriott or business Marriott card. I got the Premier with the 15 nights, and then the business. The total nights I got for having both cards at the same time was 15.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Flyer4512, thanks. I didn't think about the other cards. Might look into the other cc with 10nights. However, it still leaves me 6nights short of plat.
The lower Marriott CC ( not premiere) and the Business card give you 10 nights each
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: I like them all

10 each for a total of 20 nights?... for having both cards?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by wazupchris
Yes but since you're new here it's not 10 free nights, it's 10 nights toward elite status per card for a total of 35 but I'm not sure if you can stack them
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
But from my experience that you will not get an additional 10 nights added to the 15 if you get a standard Marriott or business Marriott card. I got the Premier with the 15 nights, and then the business. The total nights I got for having both cards at the same time was 15.
Originally Posted by wazupchris
I answered your question two posts above yours. No, it won't be for a total 20 nights.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: I like them all

Whoops! Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
Wow, I just clicked the URL at on the wiki for the 70K link and it showed up fine:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

Is Marriot also degrading their points? What does 70K get you?

Thanks!
Please try actually clicking "Apply Now". The offer seems to come up fine, but when you try to apply it re-directs to the 50,000 offer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.