Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
I am wondering the same. Can one of the FT expert chime in please? You guys have seen these offers come and go. Could you please advice if I should go ahead with the offer or wait?
The best we can do is wait to hear what one of the respected bloggers say. Even then, they only get a heads up with little warning.

The one thing I've learned about this game (to quote ingy at www.frugaltravelguy.com) is not to be greedy. 70,000 bonus points don't come along very often, if ever. Heck, what are you waiting for. Sign up now.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:46 am

I got approved for this card and am going to start planning a vacation for next year. With the 70k points you can get 2 nights at one of Mariott's Vacation Club locations that typically go for about 400-500 a night. The problem is I want to go to an East Coast beach location and there is no availability for using points, only cash.

If I check out some of the Florida MVC properties, you can book those with points, so I know it is possible to book these. Anyone have any experience with these? Do some open up at later times to book with points?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by pianistat
Does anybody know when this offer expires?
Originally Posted by PedroNY
...a poster above said November 30, 2011.
Regarding the expiration date for this offer, Chase told me: "This is our most current offer, and after reviewing the application I do not see an apply by date listed. However, please note offers do change frequently. To ensure you receive the benefits listed on the application, please apply at your earliest convenience."
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:58 am

Hi, guys.

I am looking to apply one or two credit card before the thanksgiving. Which card is better, this one or Chase Sapphire preferred? Since I read somewhere in this thread that I should not apply two Chase card at the same time, I guess I can only choose one of them, right?

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

And for another card i am looking at spg or sounthwest 50k, since can't find a good airline around 75k offer.

Last edited by czhouchem; Oct 27, 2011 at 12:13 pm
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by czhouchem
Hi, guys.

I am looking to apply one or two credit card before the thanksgiving. Which card is better, this one or Chase Sapphire preferred? Since I read somewhere in this thread that I should not apply two Chase card at the same time, I guess I can only choose one of them, right?

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

And for another card i am looking at spg or sounthwest 50k, since can't find a good airline around 75k offer.
It depends on what you want to do with your points/miles.
Sapphire is more flexible as you can convert it into CO/UA miles, BA miles(not a good idea) or Hyatt points. Marriott is just that - Marriott stays. If you stay at Marriott a lot then that's a better card, if you like Hyatt better or want the miles then Sapphire.
Forget the Southwest card - see this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-fastest.html
WN is getting no love there
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by SigCon
+1 to that.

I guess we'll go for it and apply. I'm more worried about leaving the employer field blank than the income part. I agree that the way it's worded I can interpret it as household income.

If she gets denied for lack of employment, I'll report back.
For the employer field, I always put Homemaker, and then put my husband's income for income. I'm 8/8 approved applications this year, so I guess it doesnt' send up any red flags.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:52 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by Paulchili
It depends on what you want to do with your points/miles.
Sapphire is more flexible as you can convert it into CO/UA miles, BA miles(not a good idea) or Hyatt points. Marriott is just that - Marriott stays. If you stay at Marriott a lot then that's a better card, if you like Hyatt better or want the miles then Sapphire.
Forget the Southwest card - see this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-fastest.html
WN is getting no love there
Thanks! I'll look into that! really appreciate!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:06 pm

bonus

mrs ddfr was approved for this card on the phone and we are quite pleased.

However, I think she had the card a few years back.

Given that she has been approved is there a chance the bonuses (points and cert) may be denied (in spite of the card approval) if in fact she did have this card a few years back. Or, am I worried about nothing?

Any guidance in this area would be very much appreciated.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
What do people think is more valuable? The 70K Marriott points or 80K Priority Club points? I'm debating which offer I should apply for. Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by 4Health
What do people think is more valuable? The 70K Marriott points or 80K Priority Club points? I'm debating which offer I should apply for. Thanks.
I'd say the marriott points.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by 4Health
Originally Posted by dldkjones
I'd say the marriott points.
Don't forget that Priority Club has 5000 point deals out there every once in a while. Occassionally, you can expect to see a 'good' property turn up, rather than an out of the way one. That's a lot of PC nights.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:33 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
This Marriott card offer is a very tempting offer, just don;t know if I want the hit on my credit.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
70K Marriott offer

Wife and I applied 10/25 and were approved today. Had to call called 888-245-0625 to find out. That's 3 Chase, 1 CITI, 1 AMEX and 2 Cap. 1 cards this year!

I got the cherished 80K PC offer today, via email. Wow, it's going to be a good 2012!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:10 pm

How bad could the credit hit really be? - I couldn't imagine it taking all that long to recover, but then again I really don't know.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MLW20
This Marriott card offer is a very tempting offer, just don;t know if I want the hit on my credit.
Originally Posted by MBKing37
How bad could the credit hit really be? - I couldn't imagine it taking all that long to recover, but then again I really don't know.
Right, MBKing37. It's only a couple points deduction, at most. And recovery to norm only takes a couple months. Why wait for a "possible" offer when there are so many available NOW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.