Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by birdseye
The Marriott website says:

You can transfer your points to your legal spouse or domestic partner at time of reward redemption provided he or she is also a Marriott Rewards member.

To transfer points, please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 1-801-468-4000.
Doesn't sound too promising, but it's still worth it for both of us to get it and try to initiate the transfer. Worst case scenario, they don't let us share the points and we have to make two reservations--not the end of the world, and definitely worth it for free stays.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Doesn't sound too promising, but it's still worth it for both of us to get it and try to initiate the transfer. Worst case scenario, they don't let us share the points and we have to make two reservations--not the end of the world, and definitely worth it for free stays.
They've been pretty good about letting one person share with another if it's to make a reservation, even if not spouses or domestic partners.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:37 pm

I've had this card for a couple of years and got 50k when I signed up. I tried to get Chase to bump the bonus up another 20k, and they shot me down.

I like the card -- the free cat 1-5 plus the elite nights makes it worth the annual fee.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Thanks everyone for your analysis of this offer. There are a lot of good insights given and so helpful!

Last edited by Tpa-flyer; Oct 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
I've had this card for a couple of years and got 50k when I signed up. I tried to get Chase to bump the bonus up another 20k, and they shot me down.
I seem to recall from other Chase cards being discussed in other threads, they typically only will consider giving a bonus bump to a new offer if you applied for the previous offer within the past 60 days or so. Definitely I've never heard of them considering it for someone who's had the card for a year or more.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
With Chase do you have to cancel your existing card of the same kind for a certain period before having a chance to get approved for a new one?

I use my Marriott Visa during stays to get the 5 points per dollar bonus, but I suppose it would be worth it to give up some of those stay bonuses to get a 70k point bonus for a new card.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I seem to recall from other Chase cards being discussed in other threads, they typically only will consider giving a bonus bump to a new offer if you applied for the previous offer within the past 60 days or so. Definitely I've never heard of them considering it for someone who's had the card for a year or more.
Yup -- that seems to be the M.O., but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
With Chase do you have to cancel your existing card of the same kind for a certain period before having a chance to get approved for a new one?
Yes -- Chase clamped down pretty on card churning a few years ago, although lore has it that if you wait long enough, you can get the bonus a second time for the same card. The figure I've seen bandied about is two years from the date of cancellation of the previous card.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by beltway
Yes -- Chase clamped down pretty on card churning a few years ago, although lore has it that if you wait long enough, you can get the bonus a second time for the same card. The figure I've seen bandied about is two years from the date of cancellation of the previous card.
2yrs from cancellation or from approval? I thought it was 2yrs from approval.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:45 pm

This seems like a good card to just keep... as long as you'll use the free night. The annual fee is a bargain if you use the free night properly.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA, BA
Question New rules for unemployed spouse

My wife wants to apply for this card, but she has no job or income (she is a stay-at-home mom). The new rules (as of October 1, I think) have Chase asking for individual income instead of household income. The application has an option of "Home Maker" for "Source of Income", but then we'd have to leave the employer and length of employment fields empty I guess. Is there any way she would be approved?

I recently got the Chase Sapphire Preferred card for myself, so I don't think I would be approved if I apply for the Marriott card.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA
Business Card Version available?

is the Business Card Version available? anyone has the link? thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by SigCon
My wife wants to apply for this card, but she has no job or income (she is a stay-at-home mom). The new rules (as of October 1, I think) have Chase asking for individual income instead of household income. The application has an option of "Home Maker" for "Source of Income", but then we'd have to leave the employer and length of employment fields empty I guess. Is there any way she would be approved?

I recently got the Chase Sapphire Preferred card for myself, so I don't think I would be approved if I apply for the Marriott card.
App page for this just asks for "Gross Annual Income", just continue using your household income like you've probably done in the past for her apps.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by leeflyer
is the Business Card Version available? anyone has the link? thanks!
+1. Would be a nice way to rack up 140k points. :-)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Yas46377
2yrs from cancellation or from approval? I thought it was 2yrs from approval.
Although with Citibank I've seen strong evidence it is usually around 18 months or more since approval (not cancellation) and that's it's not necessary to cancel a long-held personal card of the same type, I don't know if this works for Chase. I'll keep looking around and see if anyone has reported being able to do so recently for a Chase card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.