Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 20, 16, 12:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Aug 29, 15, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Laura782 View Post
I am about to meet my spend on the 80K point card but realized that I was never assigned a member rewards number. Or at least I don't have it handy (I acknowledge it's possible I was assigned one but threw it out). I tried to sign up with Marriott online but it seems my email address is already in their system. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Call or SM Chase & ask them for the Marriott account number to which the card earnings are being credited. In the unlikely event they can't/won't tell you, call Marriott Rewards customer service,
  • 1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time)
  • 1 800 450 4442 (toll-free, 24 hours/7 days per week)
    • Please note: the toll free number is an automated line.
Marriott should be able to search for your account by name and/or email address.
Old Aug 31, 15, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by Laura782 View Post
No. There's a spot for it, but no number printed.
I know my Marriott Business card has a spot for the number, but no number is imprinted on. However, my Marriott account is link to this credit card as I have been getting my points credited at the end of each statement period. You may just need to log-in or reset your account with a new password if your email is valid when you try to log-in.
Old Aug 31, 15, 3:21 pm

I just tried applying thru the wiki link for the 70k Business card, but I can't get past the first info screen. For some reason, Chase doesn't believe my state, AZ, is correct for my zip code. And, yes, I did check my zip. Anyone else have this issue? I don't really want to call in if I can avoid it.
Old Sep 1, 15, 8:15 pm

come back 70k, i missed you...

well, guess the expiration date isn't hard on the 80k offer.

sure hope it dies soon and we're back to 70k/no annual fee soon.

also, can't wait for the bloggers to start talking up the "old" card again, and the GREAT benefit to getting first year free LOL
Old Sep 3, 15, 8:06 pm
Original Member

I can't believe I was approved for the 70K Business card. I was turned down for the card last month because of too many recent applications for various credit cards, waited a little more than 30 days and reapplied.
I received the "under review" page and thought that was another rejection but 2 days later received the email that my application was approved. This is the 5th Chase card I currently hold.
The free night certificate is already in my Marriott account. Life is good.
Old Sep 3, 15, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Just noticed a different Marriott link off to the side - looks like the 50,000 is back, but...maybe I'm reading it wrong, seems that the first year annual fee is waived, but you don't get a free 1-5 night until your anniversary, not a 1-4 immediately like the 70,000 offer?
Old Sep 3, 15, 10:07 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks. Just what I needed for my Osaka trip.
Old Sep 4, 15, 10:07 am

Re: 70k

Read the wiki but any new data points on the 70k? I ask because I found another link for the 70k business but it's 3k spend instead of 2k spend.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...dit-cards.aspx
Old Sep 8, 15, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Am I understanding this right?

Chase rules say I'm not eligible for a bonus if A) I'm a current cardholder, or B) I've received the bonus in the past 24 months.

SO....I do have a Marriott open currently. If I closed it, could I apply right away? I got the card/bonus in 2012. Or is it timed off of closing date, not date of bonus payout?
Old Sep 9, 15, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by pritomd View Post
Am I understanding this right?

Chase rules say I'm not eligible for a bonus if A) I'm a current cardholder, or B) I've received the bonus in the past 24 months.

SO....I do have a Marriott open currently. If I closed it, could I apply right away? I got the card/bonus in 2012. Or is it timed off of closing date, not date of bonus payout?
Do you see the section in the wiki (at top of page) titled
Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
It points you to a resource that provides a complete answer to your questions.
Old Sep 9, 15, 11:18 am

Sounds good. Seems inconclusive. For reference:

"Chase's policy does not indicate whether there is also a minimum waiting period between cancellation and reapplication, and there is not yet sufficient anecdotal evidence from FTers to draw firm conclusions. At a minimum, a prudent churner will wait at least a week or two after cancellation before reapplying so that all of Chase's systems fully reflect that closure. (See first bullet point above.)"
Old Sep 9, 15, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by pritomd View Post
Sounds good. Seems inconclusive. For reference:

"Chase's policy does not indicate whether there is also a minimum waiting period between cancellation and reapplication, and there is not yet sufficient anecdotal evidence from FTers to draw firm conclusions. At a minimum, a prudent churner will wait at least a week or two after cancellation before reapplying so that all of Chase's systems fully reflect that closure. (See first bullet point above.)"
Yes, I know. I wrote that. AFAIK, there are no further anecdotal reports, so the wiki reflects the current state of our collective knowledge/ignorance. (Generally speaking, if a FT wiki says "X is unclear," posting a request for the same info will not accomplish anything.)
Old Sep 9, 15, 4:17 pm

Sorry
Old Sep 13, 15, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Can you earn extra elite qualifying nights if you hold multiple cards? What about business and personal cards?
Old Sep 13, 15, 7:42 pm
NDN

Programs: Ritz-Carlton/Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by nall View Post
Can you earn extra elite qualifying nights if you hold multiple cards? What about business and personal cards?
Been asked many times.....NO

You will not get more than 15 EQNs.

Search this Thread