Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by NDN
Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzen

I got the personal Marriott , the business Marriott and the Ritz ( all opened inside 3 month or so)

How many credit card reward nights did you get? 15 or 30?
Only 15
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:40 am

Has anyone been successful in getting Chase to bump the Marriott bonus to 70,000 after applying through a referral link for 50,000?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:42 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Julie17
Has anyone been successful in getting Chase to bump the Marriott bonus to 70,000 after applying through a referral link for 50,000?
I did on a biz card, yes.
Old May 31, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
I was approved for the personal 70,000 marriott card last week and just received an email that said I would be receiving a cat 1-4 free night certificate. Just checked my marriott account and there it is. Nice that it expires after 1 year and not after 6 months like it previously did.

Oh, the reason for the post is that I was approved for the same card (personal) and same bonus 2 years ago and received the cat 1-4 free night certificate back then as well (which I used at the JW in KL back when it was a cat 4). So it is possible to get the cat 1-4 free night cert more than once for the same card (despite the Wiki stating otherwise).

Now the problem is actually finding a worthwhile cat 1-4 hotel. Seems like the best options now are airport hotels.
Old May 31, 2015, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by RyanNYNJ
I was approved for the personal 70,000 marriott card last week and just received an email that said I would be receiving a cat 1-4 free night certificate. Just checked my marriott account and there it is. Nice that it expires after 1 year and not after 6 months like it previously did.

Oh, the reason for the post is that I was approved for the same card (personal) and same bonus 2 years ago and received the cat 1-4 free night certificate back then as well (which I used at the JW in KL back when it was a cat 4). So it is possible to get the cat 1-4 free night cert more than once for the same card (despite the Wiki stating otherwise).

Now the problem is actually finding a worthwhile cat 1-4 hotel. Seems like the best options now are airport hotels.
Just curious, how many new cards did you receive in the last two years? Others, including my wife, are being turned down when they apply for Chase Sapphire, with the specific reason given as "too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years." It is not based on overall credit lines or even credit inquiries, just cards opened.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Just curious, how many new cards did you receive in the last two years? Others, including my wife, are being turned down when they apply for Chase Sapphire, with the specific reason given as "too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years." It is not based on overall credit lines or even credit inquiries, just cards opened.
new cards from chase or new cards in general? in general probably 25-30. with chase i have 6 cards open right now. i also have a checking and savings account with them so maybe that makes a difference? i'll be applying for a new CSP in November of this year so I'll post on the board if I get approved for it or not.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:50 pm

new cards from chase or new cards in general? in general probably 25-30. with chase i have 6 cards open right now. i also have a checking and savings account with them so maybe that makes a difference? i'll be applying for a new CSP in November of this year so I'll post on the board if I get approved for it or not.
They seem to care about all cards OPENED during the last 2 years. They don't care how many are still open or who issued them. I doubt this is unique to the Sapphire Preferred card, that's why I wanted to know about your Chase Marriott card approval. BTW, my wife and I don't have any accts with Chase other than cards. I might open a savings acct though if that makes a difference.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
DH just received anniversary cat 1-5 cert. It's now 1 year expiration. I received mine in Mar and it was still 6 months. Good news.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Long Islander
They seem to care about all cards OPENED during the last 2 years. They don't care how many are still open or who issued them. I doubt this is unique to the Sapphire Preferred card, that's why I wanted to know about your Chase Marriott card approval. BTW, my wife and I don't have any accts with Chase other than cards. I might open a savings acct though if that makes a difference.
anecdotal evidence suggests that having other accounts (non-credit card) with Chase may aid in getting approved for CCs.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
DH just received anniversary cat 1-5 cert. It's now 1 year expiration. I received mine in Mar and it was still 6 months. Good news.
Anyone know if existing members can get certs extended 6 months to match the new policy?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by cashcow
Anyone know if existing members can get certs extended 6 months to match the new policy?
likely no, they're not very flexible in regards to these certificates..
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I made a request to extend dh's certificate expiring last month for one more month and they extended it a whole year, until May of 2016.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, SPG, RR
Any tricks to combine Personal/Bus Marriot Cards?

Howdy,

I'm looking to get another hotel program going. I like the Marriott rewards, and want to know if you have any suggestions on piggy backing applications between personal or business, or any other tips.

Thanks!

ACEIV
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the data point. My 2 year mark is coming up.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I just applied and was approved for the 70,000 pts offer. I don't currently have a Marriott number so I'm guessing they will assign me one - will they send the number along with the new card? Or do I have to call Marriott to find out?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.