FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1271936-ongoing-offers-now-80k-points-free-night-af-not-waived-marriott-premier-visa.html)

f0xx Feb 4, 2014 9:24 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT (Post 22283288)
Does anybody know when Marriott Rewards Bonus points post once the spend is met?

It was pretty much instant. ^
It's Chase we're dealing with here, they're really good at posting your points. :-:

TAHKUCT Feb 4, 2014 9:43 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22284294)
It was pretty much instant. ^
It's Chase we're dealing with here, they're really good at posting your points. :-:

Just to clarify, was it instant once spend was met or statement closing when spend was made? Thanks

f0xx Feb 4, 2014 10:17 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT (Post 22284420)
Just to clarify, was it instant once spend was met or statement closing when spend was made? Thanks

When the statement closed and when you paid the bill. Just like AMEX etc. ^

TAHKUCT Feb 4, 2014 10:38 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22284648)

Great! Thank you!

carsnoceans Feb 4, 2014 2:57 pm

Is this card churnable? It's been almost a year since I canceled it.

f0xx Feb 4, 2014 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans (Post 22286574)

It's a Chase card... I doubt it.

Happy Feb 4, 2014 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT (Post 22284420)

It is after statement close. However if the spend to meet requirement is within 7 to 10 days of the statement closing date, you most likely would NOT see it on that statement but until the NEXT statement because Chase seemingly has different cut off date in tallying up the spend for the determination of bonus. The cut off date seems at least a week before the statement date and if weekends are there, it can be as long as 10 days.

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22284648)

Not true. It has nothing to do with payment. Even with AMEX, only membership rewards points are payment related. SPG and HHonors postings dont have anything to do with payment.

Originally Posted by carsnoceans (Post 22286574)

Too soon. MR and BA cards seem to need more than 2 years lapse from when you got the bonus. I would say at least 2.5 years or more is needed.

Also Marriott system remembers your free night and would not give another one if you have gotten one in the past 5 years. Beyond that, the system forgets. (The points are from Chase, the free night cert is from Marriott.)

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22287213)

Wrong again.

f0xx Feb 4, 2014 9:45 pm

Cool story bro.
You added nothing that I didn't mention.

Points post after statement.
It's not really churn-able since it's Chase. Technically yes. But you have to wait 2 years.

Happy Feb 6, 2014 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22288677)
Cool story bro.
You added nothing that I didn't mention.

Points post after statement.
It's not really churn-able since it's Chase. Technically yes. But you have to wait 2 years.

I pointed out the misinformation you provided.

1) Point posting has nothing to do with payment.
2) Chase cards can be churned, just not one every 3 or 6 months type. But you do get bonus again. Churning is about to get bonus again and again. Technically or not, by the mere fact that you can get bonus again makes Chase cards churnable, too.

Originally Posted by f0xx View Post
When the statement closed and when you paid the bill. Just like AMEX etc.

That is not true.

Originally Posted by f0xx View Post

That is also not true also.

Plain and simple.

You dont need to admit you do not have the facts correct but making up excuses to claim you have not omitted important information (or rather, have no knowledge of such but pretend to.). The fact remains, your posts gave wrong information.

fotoflyer88 Feb 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Signed up for this, 70K points, no AF to start plus free night and anniversary nights makes this a nice card to hold onto for a while it seems...

And my understanding is the 15 elite nights and 70k bonus points count towards lifetime elite status as well?

SquarePeg Feb 12, 2014 8:05 pm

I've tried several of the links in this thread. All either went to an offer or webpage not available page or redirected me to a 50K link. Can anyone direct me to a working 70K link or is this deal now best offer 50K?

TIA

SquarePeg Feb 12, 2014 8:06 pm

Never mind, I figured it out.

When I went to the landing page, there were 2 different "Apply Now" buttons. Clicking the one on the top left said taking you to the current offer and redirected to a 50K page. The one bottom right still goes to the 70K page. Hopefully the bonus will be 70K. I cleared cache and used an incognito window after getting the 50K offer originally.

sam007 Feb 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Guys

I just received my annual free night which I thought was for a Cat1-4 but on marriott.com, it shows as a 1-5. Has anybody else seen this?

MDtR-Chicago Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by sam007 (Post 22344263)
I just received my annual free night which I thought was for a Cat1-4 but on marriott.com, it shows as a 1-5.

The annual night is always Cat 5 on the Premier card.

bigcahonna Feb 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Churning Marriott Rewards Premier Visa

I had a Marriott Rewards Premier Visa I cancelled a few months ago. How long do I have to wait before I qualify for the new account sign-up bonus again? I thought I read somewhere in the past that it was 6 months