Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom + Sapphire Preferred + Chase Checking Questions

Chase Freedom + Sapphire Preferred + Chase Checking Questions

Old Sep 27, 11, 3:15 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Question about the ACH out - do you mean initiate the ACH out from Chase side?

I thought Chase charges on ACH out from its side?

I know if being pulled, there is no fee. However if it Chase pushes, it carries a fee at least that is how I read it in the past.

Can we have some clarification here?
I have been using my Chase account to push funds into other accounts for the past few months now without any fees.
nep301 is offline  
Old Sep 27, 11, 11:32 pm
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,483
Originally Posted by azeckel View Post
I stumbled across this thread because I'm looking to possibly replace my chase freedom card. I've had it for years and just this month they converted me to the "new" system of 5% on select categories. Previously I was getting the 3% on gas & grocery (and maybe the 5% as well?). Anyway, the big reason I loved it was the ability to get a $250 check for $200 in cashback rewards. It seems that as of this month, they've finally taken that option away from me.

What is this thing about 10 points if you have chase freedom + chase checking? I just opened a chase checking account last month in order to get a $200 bonus deposit. I was planning on closing it after the 6 month waiting period, but if I'm getting extra points per purchase on my chase freedom, that may change things. How does it work?
Yup, spousal's Freedom card is also in this last lot of conversion. Though we never charge enough on it to make the $250 rebate () because we spend very little in the 3% categories but our other cards have 2% or more rebate on spending that would only earn 1% on Freedom...

Anyway, with the linkage of the checking account, each transaction earns a 10 pt bonus regardless of the amount of the transaction - so that means $1 coffee at dunkin donut would earn you 11.1 pt - being 1 pt for $1 spent, and 10 bonus pt, plus 10% of the transaction... That would mean a 10% rebate on your $1 spend. It is GREAT for low $ amount transactions if you happen to have quite a few of those, or can "create" such (by breaking up a transaction into multiple smaller amounts).
Happy is offline  
Old Sep 27, 11, 11:34 pm
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,483
Originally Posted by nep301 View Post
I have been using my Chase account to push funds into other accounts for the past few months now without any fees.
Thanks. I linked an external account today but Chase would not let me link the same C1 JT account to both my Chase Checking and my husband's Chase Checking - saying the external account is already linked to a different profile.
Happy is offline  
Old Sep 28, 11, 3:09 pm
  #19  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 99
So I just called to activate my Freedom card, and asked about the 10 points/transaction deal - if I needed to do anything special to activate it (before I read the replies to this thread).

She said that program is a different card (10/10 Freedom card), and I would have to go to a branch and speak with a banker about switching my Freedom card to that one.

True?
j-rad is offline  
Old Sep 28, 11, 3:31 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by j-rad View Post
So I just called to activate my Freedom card, and asked about the 10 points/transaction deal - if I needed to do anything special to activate it (before I read the replies to this thread).

She said that program is a different card (10/10 Freedom card), and I would have to go to a branch and speak with a banker about switching my Freedom card to that one.

True?
Nothing you have to do. It'll take 6-8 weeks to track automatically but any spend you do now you should receive credit for eventually. So you'll probably see a lot of points credited at one time similar to how when you receive a new account bonus you see them later.
jpark1982 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 11, 11:20 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Posts: 4,956
So taking the conversion to airline miles out of the equation, you will effectively earn more than 2% cash back on transactions roughly $11 and lower?

Very intriguing... Are there any current signup offers for the checking account? (Don't see any links in this thread.) I actually received one for $125 cash the other day but I recall there being $200(?) or 25k CO miles in the past.
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Old Feb 16, 13, 12:49 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Posts: 7,104
I just received a letter this morning that the Chase Freedom + Chase Checking Bonus is changing. Instead of the 10 bonus points + 10% extra points per $1 spend, Chase will pay an annual 10% bonus which will be paid on all points earned including 5% quarterly bonus points.
aamilesslave is offline  
Old Feb 16, 13, 1:39 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
I just received a letter this morning that the Chase Freedom + Chase Checking Bonus is changing. Instead of the 10 bonus points + 10% extra points per $1 spend, Chase will pay an annual 10% bonus which will be paid on all points earned including 5% quarterly bonus points.
Effective when?
tjguitar85 is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 11:17 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Posts: 7,104
April 1. More info, including a copy of the letter in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...m-changes.html
aamilesslave is offline  
Old Jan 6, 15, 11:02 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 71
This is from their terms and conditions available here https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPC0439.pdf


Bonus for Cardmembers with Chase Checking Accounts: Through December 31, 2015, as a Chase checking customer, you will also earn 1 bonus point for each $10 of Net Purchases (which equates to 10% of base points earned), and an additional 10 bonus points for each individual Net Purchase.

Is there any good reason to keep the checking account open after December 31, 2015?

Last edited by dministrator; Jan 6, 15 at 11:07 am Reason: added the question.
dministrator is offline  
Old Jan 8, 15, 8:15 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: some premium cabin...
Posts: 374
Originally Posted by dministrator View Post
This is from their terms and conditions available here https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPC0439.pdf


Bonus for Cardmembers with Chase Checking Accounts: Through December 31, 2015, as a Chase checking customer, you will also earn 1 bonus point for each $10 of Net Purchases (which equates to 10% of base points earned), and an additional 10 bonus points for each individual Net Purchase.

Is there any good reason to keep the checking account open after December 31, 2015?
Don't see any reason to keep the account myself. In fact, after reading about all the horror posts of people checking account being closed by Chase and Chase terminating all banking/credit card relationships for unspecified reasons, I am inclined to close my Chase checking account even sooner. I only keep the checking account for the bonus since I have accounts with other banks.
mmdough is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: