Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J.P. Morgan Select Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Tried this card out in Canada. Went to a small cafe, the server inserted chip and the receipt came out for me to sign. Went to Ikea, inserted chip in the POS terminal and was prompted to sign the signature pad.

Forgot to call ahead and get the ATM code, but I was never prompted for a PIN. Should have used it at some other places, but I suppose that will have to wait for my next trip. I typically use my AMEX as my primary so I only used this at places that don't accept AXP, which is a lot more common in Canada
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:52 pm

Called last weekend to convert my old Chase rewards card, since my Schwab 2% card is going away.

The CSR was great, and processed the change. No hard inquiry, no questions about income. Looking forward to trying it on the Tube in London to see what happens
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by radioactive
...Looking forward to trying it on the Tube in London...
This is not the best test, because London Underground machines accept magnetic stripe cards.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:07 am

Does anyone know how the Ultimate Rewards bonus program works? I searched the forums, and didn't see anything. I've got the Select card, so get 2% on hotels, flights, and rental cards - great.

When I log into the UR site, it gives all these options to earn extra through partners, for example it's currently "2 extra pts/$" for Travelocity, that does not appear to be restricted to any specific purchase (cruise, hotel, etc).

My question is, if I book a $1000 flight on Travelocity (that is also $1000 booked directly through United), do I earn:

-2000 points (2% back on flights)
-3000 points (1 point base, plus 2 "extra" points)
-4000 points (2 points for flights, plus 2 "extra" points).

I called Chase customer service, and the CSR was clueless, and transferred me to UR. UR had no idea, he could only book travel using existing points.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:46 am
mia

...how the Ultimate Rewards bonus program works?
Begin reading at post 183 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post17274202

Read through the entire discussion of how Travelocity calculates their bonus, which will work out to somewhat less than 2 points per dollar because they do not pay anything on taxes or fee which are included in the transaction.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by mia
Begin reading at post 183 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post17274202

Read through the entire discussion of how Travelocity calculates their bonus, which will work out to somewhat less than 2 points per dollar because they do not pay anything on taxes or fee which are included in the transaction.
Thanks for the reference. I asked a question on the Sapphire thread about earning points since it has more views and the earnings are essentially the same (2 points/dollar).

I guess I just really want to know how many total points a transaction would earn direct on the airline versus via Travelocity, deducting taxes/fees.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:54 am
mia

....how many total points a transaction would earn direct on the airline versus via Travelocity, deducting taxes/fees.
You will receive "nearly" four points per dollar if you use the card to book with Travelocity though the Ultimate Rewards shopping portal. How close you come to four will depend on the proportion of taxes and fees included in the price.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I just got off the phone with a Sapphire Preferred rep and I was asking to see if I could get that card with the chip as I didn't want to sign up for a new one. She told me that only this card was available for Chip & Sign, and she was definitely trained very well to not say Chip and pin. I thought that was interesting for those who have been trying to get pin transactions to work.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Just applied this card on their website two days ago. Can any existing card holder tell me if the card number is actually embroid on the card? Because for Sapphire, a lot of people reported they do not have the number on the front
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:02 am

It's a standard plastic card, the JP Select. Embossed like any other card on the front with VISA on front. It is not metal with the laser printing like Sapphire with logo/acct on back.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:55 am

Too bad they don't have bonus points for new apps for this card
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA Silver, Le Club Accor Silver
Originally Posted by trikotret
Too bad they don't have bonus points for new apps for this card
I am living Europe now so the chip is my main concern. Thinking of getting the Sapphire card when I move back.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:49 am

The best feature of this or the Palladium card is "Emergency Evacuation or Repatriation" for those who like to travel to risky parts of the world - I would really like to hear from someone who has had to make use of this.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus:18458337
The best feature of this or the Palladium card is "Emergency Evacuation or Repatriation" for those who like to travel to risky parts of the world - I would really like to hear from someone who has had to make use of this.
I wonder if it really works lol
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:56 pm

Not sure if this was discussed already, but according to a thread on myfico JPM Select does not report to the CRAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.