Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Anyone just get this?

Dear xxxxxxx

Important News Regarding your Stamps.com Account!

Thank you for signing up for the Stamps.com online postage service. We're contacting you to let you know about an important issue that has come to our attention. After closely reviewing our affiliate program, we discovered that Stamps.com was mistakenly promoted as part of the is Chase® Ultimate Rewards℠ Shopping Mall program by an affiliate partner.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program offers incentives or points to Chase customers, which violates the Stamps.com Terms & Conditions of our affiliate program. Stamps.com does not allow a third party to offer any form of incentives to new customers for signing up for our online postage service through our affiliate program.

Your Stamps.com account has been identified as part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program. In order to prevent any charges from appearing on your credit card, Stamps.com will be automatically closing your account. This account closure will also be reported to our affiliate partner. The action is being initiated to prevent your credit card from being charged the monthly subscription fee of $15.99 for the Stamps.com service.

If you have any questions about your Stamps.com account closure, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we can provide information on your Stamps.com account only. If you have any questions regarding the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program, please contact Chase Ultimate Rewards Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these events may cause.
Stamps.com Customer Service
+1. Oh well....
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
I got the email just now also - no points posted yet, as my statement closes in a few days.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
eh, already printed the postage on the gf's and my account, fortunately. so they're gonna take back the 2500 points? another example of "oh s*** it went viral... pull back everything!"
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
I received the same e-mail. Oh well, at least I used my $5 in free postage!

Andyandy
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:49 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by infamousdx
I did search and found nothing regarding this little hidden gem on Chase's Ultimate Rewards shopping mall.

2,500 UR points just for creating a new account on stamps.com. It is usually a paid service but there is a free 4 week trial and canceling is very easy.

I wrote about it in further detail on my blog. Hope this helps some people!

http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/05/free-2500ur/

UPDATE

How to cancel the account:

http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/10/cxl-stamps/

JUST GOT THIS E/MAIL FROM STAMPS.COM

Important News Regarding your Stamps.com Account!

Thank you for signing up for the Stamps.com online postage service. We're contacting you to let you know about an important issue that has come to our attention. After closely reviewing our affiliate program, we discovered that Stamps.com was mistakenly promoted as part of the is Chase® Ultimate Rewards℠ Shopping Mall program by an affiliate partner.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program offers incentives or points to Chase customers, which violates the Stamps.com Terms & Conditions of our affiliate program. Stamps.com does not allow a third party to offer any form of incentives to new customers for signing up for our online postage service through our affiliate program.

Your Stamps.com account has been identified as part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program. In order to prevent any charges from appearing on your credit card, Stamps.com will be automatically closing your account. This account closure will also be reported to our affiliate partner. The action is being initiated to prevent your credit card from being charged the monthly subscription fee of $15.99 for the Stamps.com service.

If you have any questions about your Stamps.com account closure, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we can provide information on your Stamps.com account only. If you have any questions regarding the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program, please contact Chase Ultimate Rewards Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these events may cause.
Stamps.com Customer Service
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:50 pm

Luckily my closing day is the 21st, and I have my points posted.

I think it's unlikely for them to take the points back (hopefully). So it actually saves me the trouble to call them and cancel. I hate calling to cancel...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:54 pm

Hmmm. Just got this email too. Saves me the trouble of closing it, I guess. Thing is, the points have already posted, and my statement closed. Presumably they won't take away the points....?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by willywuua
Luckily my closing day is the 21st, and I have my points posted.

I think it's unlikely for them to take the points back (hopefully). So it actually saves me the trouble to call them and cancel. I hate calling to cancel...
I do not think Chase will take them back-- I even think chase will honor the 2500 points --- I did not get my points yet , but-- I do have a S.M. ( from a week ago ) that i will get them when my statement close on oct 3 rd

any how got the same e/m ,I would send Chase a S.M.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Well I let them know how I feel:

https://twitter.com/#!/THEinfamousdx...11391429443585
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:00 pm

Seems like a pointless email.

I wouldn't sweat it, can't imagine Chase pulling the points out of the account if they're already there. Chase is the one that screwed up here.

Stamps.com gives an affiliate referral bonus for a signup (say $50 per signup). Chase, in order to get a signup, passes $25 of that bonus along to get someone to sign up.

Stamps.com just got pissed people were signing up, collecting that $25, then cancelling their account. They're paying $50/signup for crappy customers.

The reason it took stamps.com this long to figure out is since they did some data analysis on their affiliates, found out Chase Ultimate Reward customers had a very high attrition rate, contacted Chase about it and found out why.

You'll get the 2500 points. Don't worry.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:03 pm

I signed up for this quite early on but my points haven't posted. Ugh. Tired of getting burned by these online portals, think this will be the last one for awhile. Sent an email asking them to post the points anyways as a sign of good faith since I complied with my obligations under the offer, probably a waste of time.

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by mrredskin
another example of "oh s*** it went viral... pull back everything!"
Ha! I definitely think this sort of deal is analogous to infectious diseases disaster movie.

Day 1: New promo is developed in retailers IT/Marketing "lab". Lab hopes for mild increase in sales for Widgets R Us auto-delivery service.

Day 2: Promo mutation, phase 1. Gary, PointsGuy, Frugal, Lucky or somebody else finds it. IT guy at company says, "Hmm. We're getting a definite uptick in activity. Interesting."

Day 3: Promo mutation, phase 2. It hits FT. IT guy says, "Boss, the behavior of this new promo is unusual. Our signups for the Widgets R Us delivery service has spiked 300%. I'll keep an eye on it."

Day 4: Promo mutation, phase 3. Promo escapes the lab. It hits Slickdeals, FW, etc.. Infection spreads like wildfire. Signups skyrocket, points/miles/cashback liabilities redline. "Boss, we can't stop it! It's growing out of control! This was never supposed to happen!"

Day 5: Lab goes on lockdown. All communication with outside world shut off. E-mail silence as countdown to "Operation Wildfire" ticks by. IT guy says, "I say we nuke this promo from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Day 6: Operation Wildfire inititated. Promo killed, registration page goes down the memory hole. Damage containment e-mails sent out. Denial and backbiting at Widgets R Us begins. IT guy says "You want fries with that?"

Andyandy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jesperss

I wouldn't sweat it, can't imagine Chase pulling the points out of the account if they're already there. Chase is the one that screwed up here.

Stamps.com gives an affiliate referral bonus for a signup (say $50 per signup). Chase, in order to get a signup, passes $25 of that bonus along to get someone to sign up.

Stamps.com just got pissed people were signing up, collecting that $25, then cancelling their account. They're paying $50/signup for crappy customers.

The reason it took stamps.com this long to figure out is since they did some data analysis on their affiliates, found out Chase Ultimate Reward customers had a very high attrition rate, contacted Chase about it and found out why.

I don't think anyone screwed up, certainly not Chase.

http://www.stamps.com/affiliates/

Become an affiliate and you get $50 per sign-up. That's it. It's stamps.com's fault for offering a FREE 4 week trial at absolutely zero cost to the consumer.

It's a very simple offer and Chase just brought it to the surface with a generous sign-up bonus for its customers. It's a win-win-lose and Stamps.com has no one to be mad at but themselves.

Originally Posted by Jesperss

I agree chase will honor
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by andyandy
Ha! I definitely think this sort of deal is analogous to infectious diseases disaster movie.

Day 1: New promo is developed in retailers IT/Marketing "lab". Lab hopes for mild increase in sales for Widgets R Us auto-delivery service.

Day 2: Promo mutation, phase 1. Gary, PointsGuy, Frugal, Lucky or somebody else finds it. IT guy at company says, "Hmm. We're getting a definite uptick in activity. Interesting."

Day 3: Promo mutation, phase 2. It hits FT. IT guy says, "Boss, the behavior of this new promo is unusual. Our signups for the Widgets R Us delivery service has spiked 300%. I'll keep an eye on it."

Day 4: Promo mutation, phase 3. Promo escapes the lab. It hits Slickdeals, FW, etc.. Infection spreads like wildfire. Signups skyrocket, points/miles/cashback liabilities redline. "Boss, we can't stop it! It's growing out of control! This was never supposed to happen!"

Day 5: Lab goes on lockdown. All communication with outside world shut off. E-mail silence as countdown to "Operation Wildfire" ticks by. IT guy says, "I say we nuke this promo from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Day 6: Operation Wildfire inititated. Promo killed, registration page goes down the memory hole. Damage containment e-mails sent out. Denial and backbiting at Widgets R Us begins. IT guy says "You want fries with that?"

Andyandy
LOL, nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.