Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Old Sep 23, 11, 1:14 pm

I think what really bothered stamps.com wasn't the $50 referral (they only pay it if the customer sticks around after the trial period), but rather all the marketing materials and the free $5 postage they've sent out.

An account manager at the Chase UR Mall simply misunderstood the terms of the $50 referral and loaded the stamps.com campaign with a $25 signup bonus.
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by jsublime View Post
lol, nice.

double lol!!-- and true!! --- in this case it is small points (2500) and chase is always fair and if they are not "it is only 2500 points

ur story fits very well with united new mall deal
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:37 pm

Programs: many
Stamps points have posted to UR account.
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:43 pm

So my 2500 points posted quickly in July. I canceled a few weeks later in August, just as the free membership ended. I just realized that at that point I received a "-2500" points in my account, canceling out the bonus for trying stamps.com.

Anyone else have this happen after canceling?
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (0.45MM)
Just got thie email

Important News Regarding your Stamps.com Account!

Thank you for signing up for the Stamps.com online postage service. We're contacting you to let you know about an important issue that has come to our attention. After closely reviewing our affiliate program, we discovered that Stamps.com was mistakenly promoted as part of the is Chase® Ultimate Rewards℠ Shopping Mall program by an affiliate partner.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program offers incentives or points to Chase customers, which violates the Stamps.com Terms & Conditions of our affiliate program. Stamps.com does not allow a third party to offer any form of incentives to new customers for signing up for our online postage service through our affiliate program.

Your Stamps.com account has been identified as part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program. In order to prevent any charges from appearing on your credit card, Stamps.com will be automatically closing your account. This account closure will also be reported to our affiliate partner. The action is being initiated to prevent your credit card from being charged the monthly subscription fee of $15.99 for the Stamps.com service.

If you have any questions about your Stamps.com account closure, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we can provide information on your Stamps.com account only. If you have any questions regarding the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program, please contact Chase Ultimate Rewards Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these events may cause.
Stamps.com Customer Service
Old Sep 23, 11, 2:56 pm

mypoints offers 1000 points for signing up with stamps.com. If affiliates are not allowed to offer incentives, they don't seem to know about it.
Old Sep 23, 11, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by gogogo888 View Post

Important News Regarding your Stamps.com Account!

Thank you for signing up for the Stamps.com online postage service. We're contacting you to let you know about an important issue that has come to our attention. After closely reviewing our affiliate program, we discovered that Stamps.com was mistakenly promoted as part of the is Chase® Ultimate Rewards℠ Shopping Mall program by an affiliate partner.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program offers incentives or points to Chase customers, which violates the Stamps.com Terms & Conditions of our affiliate program. Stamps.com does not allow a third party to offer any form of incentives to new customers for signing up for our online postage service through our affiliate program.

Your Stamps.com account has been identified as part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program. In order to prevent any charges from appearing on your credit card, Stamps.com will be automatically closing your account. This account closure will also be reported to our affiliate partner. The action is being initiated to prevent your credit card from being charged the monthly subscription fee of $15.99 for the Stamps.com service.

If you have any questions about your Stamps.com account closure, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we can provide information on your Stamps.com account only. If you have any questions regarding the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program, please contact Chase Ultimate Rewards Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these events may cause.
Stamps.com Customer Service
I also got the same email this afternoon! bogus indeed...looks like another case of the "verizon headphone fiasco"........lets the emails/complaints to Chase flyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old Sep 23, 11, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
no email form stamps.com for me yet. I did have to get Chase to credit me for it. Will call to cancel (just in case) and hope Chase doesn't retract the points.

at least I got a $5 mailing label - perfect for the small sized Priority box!
Old Sep 24, 11, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by teege View Post
So my 2500 points posted quickly in July. I canceled a few weeks later in August, just as the free membership ended. I just realized that at that point I received a "-2500" points in my account, canceling out the bonus for trying stamps.com.

Anyone else have this happen after canceling?
No, that doesn't make any sense because the offer was for making a new account and trying stamps.com, not for continuing to subscribe. Did you contact customer support?
Old Sep 24, 11, 6:25 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by mrx900 View Post
I also got the same email this afternoon! bogus indeed...looks like another case of the "verizon headphone fiasco"........lets the emails/complaints to Chase flyyyyyyyyyyyy
Also let the pile-on of moralizing "you knew 2,500 UR points for no cash outlay HAD to be a mistake" posts begin....
Old Sep 24, 11, 7:08 am

Received the same email as everyone here. Today, I checked my Chase account and so far, I still see 2500 miles pending with activity date on sept 5th and posting date of sept 7th. My statement closes this Wednesday so i shall see whether I receive the points or not

Will report after statement closes.
Old Sep 24, 11, 9:07 am

Programs: UA
I had the 2500 posted on my last statement. I also canceled my Stamps.com account the day I saw 2500 points pending on my UR-activity page. Hopefully they're not retracted later on this month. My gut tells me they won't though.
Old Sep 24, 11, 7:37 pm

I have a feeling that Chase will not pull the 2,500 points out.
Old Sep 24, 11, 8:09 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
I have a feeling that Chase will not pull the 2,500 points out.
On what basis could they justify pulling out the pts? They just might even lose this one in their slanted arbitration never mind a real law suit. What is their defense, neither Chase nor Stamps.com know how to design a promotion? Are we to just assume that all contracts are to be voided at any time despite the written terms of the contract?
Old Sep 24, 11, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b View Post
On what basis could they justify pulling out the pts? They just might even lose this one in their slanted arbitration never mind a real law suit. What is their defense, neither Chase nor Stamps.com know how to design a promotion? Are we to just assume that all contracts are to be voided at any time despite the written terms of the contract?

Ugh. Slanted arbitration, lawsuit?

Over...$25?

I could care less if they took back the 2500 points. Not like it cost me anything.

Search this Thread