Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Reply

Old Sep 23, 11, 12:45 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Anyone just get this?

Dear xxxxxxx

Important News Regarding your Stamps.com Account!

Thank you for signing up for the Stamps.com online postage service. We're contacting you to let you know about an important issue that has come to our attention. After closely reviewing our affiliate program, we discovered that Stamps.com was mistakenly promoted as part of the is Chase® Ultimate Rewards℠ Shopping Mall program by an affiliate partner.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program offers incentives or points to Chase customers, which violates the Stamps.com Terms & Conditions of our affiliate program. Stamps.com does not allow a third party to offer any form of incentives to new customers for signing up for our online postage service through our affiliate program.

Your Stamps.com account has been identified as part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program. In order to prevent any charges from appearing on your credit card, Stamps.com will be automatically closing your account. This account closure will also be reported to our affiliate partner. The action is being initiated to prevent your credit card from being charged the monthly subscription fee of $15.99 for the Stamps.com service.

If you have any questions about your Stamps.com account closure, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we can provide information on your Stamps.com account only. If you have any questions regarding the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program, please contact Chase Ultimate Rewards Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these events may cause.
Stamps.com Customer Service
+1. Oh well....
andysiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:46 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 769
I got the email just now also - no points posted yet, as my statement closes in a few days.
milesmuncher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:46 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CHA/TYS
Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Posts: 2,840
eh, already printed the postage on the gf's and my account, fortunately. so they're gonna take back the 2500 points? another example of "oh s*** it went viral... pull back everything!"
mrredskin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:47 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MGM
Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Posts: 768
I received the same e-mail. Oh well, at least I used my $5 in free postage!

Andyandy
andyandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:49 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 618
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
I did search and found nothing regarding this little hidden gem on Chase's Ultimate Rewards shopping mall.

2,500 UR points just for creating a new account on stamps.com. It is usually a paid service but there is a free 4 week trial and canceling is very easy.

I wrote about it in further detail on my blog. Hope this helps some people!

http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/05/free-2500ur/

UPDATE

How to cancel the account:

http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/10/cxl-stamps/

JUST GOT THIS E/MAIL FROM STAMPS.COM


Important News Regarding your Stamps.com Account!

Thank you for signing up for the Stamps.com online postage service. We're contacting you to let you know about an important issue that has come to our attention. After closely reviewing our affiliate program, we discovered that Stamps.com was mistakenly promoted as part of the is Chase® Ultimate Rewards℠ Shopping Mall program by an affiliate partner.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program offers incentives or points to Chase customers, which violates the Stamps.com Terms & Conditions of our affiliate program. Stamps.com does not allow a third party to offer any form of incentives to new customers for signing up for our online postage service through our affiliate program.

Your Stamps.com account has been identified as part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program. In order to prevent any charges from appearing on your credit card, Stamps.com will be automatically closing your account. This account closure will also be reported to our affiliate partner. The action is being initiated to prevent your credit card from being charged the monthly subscription fee of $15.99 for the Stamps.com service.

If you have any questions about your Stamps.com account closure, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we can provide information on your Stamps.com account only. If you have any questions regarding the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping Mall program, please contact Chase Ultimate Rewards Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these events may cause.
Stamps.com Customer Service
SPLP007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:50 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Luckily my closing day is the 21st, and I have my points posted.

I think it's unlikely for them to take the points back (hopefully). So it actually saves me the trouble to call them and cancel. I hate calling to cancel...
willywuua is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:54 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 206
Hmmm. Just got this email too. Saves me the trouble of closing it, I guess. Thing is, the points have already posted, and my statement closed. Presumably they won't take away the points....?
maccoinnich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 12:56 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 618
Originally Posted by willywuua View Post
Luckily my closing day is the 21st, and I have my points posted.

I think it's unlikely for them to take the points back (hopefully). So it actually saves me the trouble to call them and cancel. I hate calling to cancel...
I do not think Chase will take them back-- I even think chase will honor the 2500 points --- I did not get my points yet , but-- I do have a S.M. ( from a week ago ) that i will get them when my statement close on oct 3 rd

any how got the same e/m ,I would send Chase a S.M.
SPLP007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:00 pm
  #84  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,387
Well I let them know how I feel:

https://twitter.com/#!/THEinfamousdx...11391429443585
infamousdx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:00 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,287
Seems like a pointless email.

I wouldn't sweat it, can't imagine Chase pulling the points out of the account if they're already there. Chase is the one that screwed up here.

Stamps.com gives an affiliate referral bonus for a signup (say $50 per signup). Chase, in order to get a signup, passes $25 of that bonus along to get someone to sign up.

Stamps.com just got pissed people were signing up, collecting that $25, then cancelling their account. They're paying $50/signup for crappy customers.

The reason it took stamps.com this long to figure out is since they did some data analysis on their affiliates, found out Chase Ultimate Reward customers had a very high attrition rate, contacted Chase about it and found out why.

You'll get the 2500 points. Don't worry.
Jesperss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:03 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21
I signed up for this quite early on but my points haven't posted. Ugh. Tired of getting burned by these online portals, think this will be the last one for awhile. Sent an email asking them to post the points anyways as a sign of good faith since I complied with my obligations under the offer, probably a waste of time.
jsublime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:03 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MGM
Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Posts: 768
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post
another example of "oh s*** it went viral... pull back everything!"
Ha! I definitely think this sort of deal is analogous to infectious diseases disaster movie.

Day 1: New promo is developed in retailers IT/Marketing "lab". Lab hopes for mild increase in sales for Widgets R Us auto-delivery service.

Day 2: Promo mutation, phase 1. Gary, PointsGuy, Frugal, Lucky or somebody else finds it. IT guy at company says, "Hmm. We're getting a definite uptick in activity. Interesting."

Day 3: Promo mutation, phase 2. It hits FT. IT guy says, "Boss, the behavior of this new promo is unusual. Our signups for the Widgets R Us delivery service has spiked 300%. I'll keep an eye on it."

Day 4: Promo mutation, phase 3. Promo escapes the lab. It hits Slickdeals, FW, etc.. Infection spreads like wildfire. Signups skyrocket, points/miles/cashback liabilities redline. "Boss, we can't stop it! It's growing out of control! This was never supposed to happen!"

Day 5: Lab goes on lockdown. All communication with outside world shut off. E-mail silence as countdown to "Operation Wildfire" ticks by. IT guy says, "I say we nuke this promo from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Day 6: Operation Wildfire inititated. Promo killed, registration page goes down the memory hole. Damage containment e-mails sent out. Denial and backbiting at Widgets R Us begins. IT guy says "You want fries with that?"

Andyandy
andyandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:03 pm
  #88  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted by Jesperss View Post
Seems like a pointless email.

I wouldn't sweat it, can't imagine Chase pulling the points out of the account if they're already there. Chase is the one that screwed up here.

Stamps.com gives an affiliate referral bonus for a signup (say $50 per signup). Chase, in order to get a signup, passes $25 of that bonus along to get someone to sign up.

Stamps.com just got pissed people were signing up, collecting that $25, then cancelling their account. They're paying $50/signup for crappy customers.

The reason it took stamps.com this long to figure out is since they did some data analysis on their affiliates, found out Chase Ultimate Reward customers had a very high attrition rate, contacted Chase about it and found out why.

You'll get the 2500 points. Don't worry.
I don't think anyone screwed up, certainly not Chase.

http://www.stamps.com/affiliates/

Become an affiliate and you get $50 per sign-up. That's it. It's stamps.com's fault for offering a FREE 4 week trial at absolutely zero cost to the consumer.

It's a very simple offer and Chase just brought it to the surface with a generous sign-up bonus for its customers. It's a win-win-lose and Stamps.com has no one to be mad at but themselves.
infamousdx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:03 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 618
Originally Posted by Jesperss View Post
Seems like a pointless email.

I wouldn't sweat it, can't imagine Chase pulling the points out of the account if they're already there. Chase is the one that screwed up here.

Stamps.com gives an affiliate referral bonus for a signup (say $50 per signup). Chase, in order to get a signup, passes $25 of that bonus along to get someone to sign up.

Stamps.com just got pissed people were signing up, collecting that $25, then cancelling their account. They're paying $50/signup for crappy customers.

The reason it took stamps.com this long to figure out is since they did some data analysis on their affiliates, found out Chase Ultimate Reward customers had a very high attrition rate, contacted Chase about it and found out why.

You'll get the 2500 points. Don't worry.
I agree chase will honor
SPLP007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 11, 1:04 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Ha! I definitely think this sort of deal is analogous to infectious diseases disaster movie.

Day 1: New promo is developed in retailers IT/Marketing "lab". Lab hopes for mild increase in sales for Widgets R Us auto-delivery service.

Day 2: Promo mutation, phase 1. Gary, PointsGuy, Frugal, Lucky or somebody else finds it. IT guy at company says, "Hmm. We're getting a definite uptick in activity. Interesting."

Day 3: Promo mutation, phase 2. It hits FT. IT guy says, "Boss, the behavior of this new promo is unusual. Our signups for the Widgets R Us delivery service has spiked 300%. I'll keep an eye on it."

Day 4: Promo mutation, phase 3. Promo escapes the lab. It hits Slickdeals, FW, etc.. Infection spreads like wildfire. Signups skyrocket, points/miles/cashback liabilities redline. "Boss, we can't stop it! It's growing out of control! This was never supposed to happen!"

Day 5: Lab goes on lockdown. All communication with outside world shut off. E-mail silence as countdown to "Operation Wildfire" ticks by. IT guy says, "I say we nuke this promo from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Day 6: Operation Wildfire inititated. Promo killed, registration page goes down the memory hole. Damage containment e-mails sent out. Denial and backbiting at Widgets R Us begins. IT guy says "You want fries with that?"

Andyandy
LOL, nice.
jsublime is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread