Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Old Sep 5, 11, 2:32 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Hmmm, that is what I am afraid of before jumping in this offer.

So it is the customer service number at the back of the card the only number available to call?

Does UR Mall specify how long one needs to wait before contacting Chase for missing points?
I waited 30 days for them to show up under "pending" in the shopping mall before I called. Normally what happens is they show up as pending...then they will show up on your next statement.

Seems like Chase is not the only one with issues. I realize now they use Cartera based on the terms and conditions I just read with this promotion. I have also used Capital One for their shopping mall. I loved using their mall because if it didn't show up in 30 days I could call and they would have the miles posted on my Cap One account within 24 hours. I am not sure who they use but it seems like there are problems to be experienced with ALL shop malls.

I like the credit card malls better because I hate dealing with AA/MP to track down miles. Once I get through with United's "months of miles" I am going back to Chase Ultimate Rewards mall....
Old Sep 5, 11, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
I waited 30 days for them to show up under "pending" in the shopping mall before I called. Normally what happens is they show up as pending...then they will show up on your next statement.

Seems like Chase is not the only one with issues. I realize now they use Cartera based on the terms and conditions I just read with this promotion. I have also used Capital One for their shopping mall. I loved using their mall because if it didn't show up in 30 days I could call and they would have the miles posted on my Cap One account within 24 hours. I am not sure who they use but it seems like there are problems to be experienced with ALL shop malls.

I like the credit card malls better because I hate dealing with AA/MP to track down miles. Once I get through with United's "months of miles" I am going back to Chase Ultimate Rewards mall....
Oh good lord, I am dealing with Cartera on the AA glitter gate now. Got one email from them on the 2500 AA miles on one order but the other order has not received any response yet despite the request was sent jut a day later.

I do not see my Lands End or Sears purchases on my UR Mall transaction history yet but they are not over 30 days old.

On another note, I did similar test purchase on BA eShopping and the click history finally showed up after 3 weeks, but no transaction. Order was shipped on July 29 and BA instruction is to wait 40 days. I went there to take a peek 3 days ago, and the clicking history vanished! The claim form no longer lists Sears or K-Mart in the merchants name menu. Yesterday I checked again and the click history re-surfaced. I rushed to make a screen shot and filed my claim despite there are still a few days before the 40 days limit... I dont want to see the Sears disappears again! It has a 4 bonus mile on Sears...

EDIT: The 4 miles per $1 offer is replaced by 1 mile per $1 spent! I am sure I would not get the original 4 miles on my $5 spent, or may not even get any mile!

I have not tried C1 mall yet. Looks like they have the best service regardless of their "reputation" from the past.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 5, 11 at 5:01 pm
Old Sep 5, 11, 2:59 pm

Oh good lord, I am dealing with Cartera on the AA glitter gate now. .
Yeah me too! But I only ordered one glitter cover and have the 2500 pending.

I have been shopping at Sears for the last few years on the shopping malls. And MOST transactions do not show up. I need to chase them down. I ordered $10 at Sears the other day to meet my "purchase" to get the additional 2500 from glitter gate...and the other $10 from Sears for the "month of miles". But I refuse to order more than that because I know they won't show up in a timely manner and I will have to chase them down.

Happened to me with Capital One too! Ordered from Sears....never showed up. But the wonderful customer service reps had the miles posted within 24 hours to my Cap One account.

I have been exceptionally pleased with Cap One and had planned to use them exclusively till Chase Sapphire came out with their bonus AND I can transfer them to Continental! So I am not sure if I will keep Cap One or not...
Old Sep 5, 11, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
Yeah me too! But I only ordered one glitter cover and have the 2500 pending.

I have been shopping at Sears for the last few years on the shopping malls. And MOST transactions do not show up. I need to chase them down. I ordered $10 at Sears the other day to meet my "purchase" to get the additional 2500 from glitter gate...and the other $10 from Sears for the "month of miles". But I refuse to order more than that because I know they won't show up in a timely manner and I will have to chase them down.

Happened to me with Capital One too! Ordered from Sears....never showed up. But the wonderful customer service reps had the miles posted within 24 hours to my Cap One account.

I have been exceptionally pleased with Cap One and had planned to use them exclusively till Chase Sapphire came out with their bonus AND I can transfer them to Continental! So I am not sure if I will keep Cap One or not...
So Sears have this notorious, dubious record on never showing up in shopping portal purchases!

This is pretty bad especially it is offering bonus miles on many such portals to lure people in.
Old Sep 5, 11, 7:00 pm

So Sears have this notorious, dubious record on never showing up in shopping portal purchases!

This is pretty bad especially it is offering bonus miles on many such portals to lure people in.
It makes me wonder who is the responsible party! Is it the merchant or the 3rd party tracking this stuff! I know Chase is using Cartera..so does MP/AA. Makes me wonder if Cap One also uses them!!!
Old Sep 5, 11, 8:27 pm

My experience a few years ago with Stamps.com was horrible! The free trial was NOT free and I found cancelling very difficult. I will never deal with them again.
Old Sep 5, 11, 9:33 pm

guys, watch out for stamps.com. they always advertise pretty decent sign-up promos but i've read bad things about them from people that sign up, as in not just a few here and there but groups of people that weren't able to cancel their membership or were overcharged.
Old Sep 5, 11, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by wdogg View Post
guys, watch out for stamps.com. they always advertise pretty decent sign-up promos but i've read bad things about them from people that sign up, as in not just a few here and there but groups of people that weren't able to cancel their membership or were overcharged.
I am not worried.
With the T&C printed out, etc.
it should not be a problem.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 14, 11 at 1:45 am
Old Sep 5, 11, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wdogg View Post
Originally Posted by MrHalliday View Post
I am not worried.
With the T&C printed out, etc.
it should not be a huge problem to dispute "bad things" via Chase.

I remember getting $50 of postage, and a FREE scale,
on a similar deal ages ago,
and stamps.com wen't away when asked.
Same here. If stamps.com wants to give me a hard time, they will get a nice dispute/chargeback from Chase right away. I'm not worried about cancelling the account.
Old Sep 8, 11, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Tried to sign on and get this offer with Stamps.com but didn't find it on my Chase UR site. Is this deal over?
Old Sep 8, 11, 4:17 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
how long does it take for the points to be posted? Or, has any one seen their points yet?
Old Sep 8, 11, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by swy View Post
how long does it take for the points to be posted? Or, has any one seen their points yet?
CALLED CHASE COS I DID THIS 2 DAYS AGO,, the rep said it can take 8 to 14 weeks, and if i dont see the bonus by dec1 , call them,

what a crap deal, 2 to 4 months to get points .
Old Sep 9, 11, 6:23 pm

Just checked my Ultimate Rewards Mall and Travel Earnings and I see my online purchase with Stamps.com with 2500 miles posted on 9/7/11
Old Sep 9, 11, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Just checked my Ultimate Rewards Mall and Travel Earnings and I see my online purchase with Stamps.com with 2500 miles posted on 9/7/11
what date did you open the account? I did mine on 9/6...nothing showing in my Ult Rewards Mall as pending...
Old Sep 9, 11, 7:06 pm

Opened on September 5, 2011

Search this Thread