Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by santhosh.kharvi
Apologies if this has been asked before - what is the best way to earn UR points from flight bookings - is it by
(a) booking tickets through Chase's own "Travel" planner section of the UR site or
(b) going through a partner like Hotwire/Travelocity where the UR Mall offers 2 extra points per $?

Thanks in advance!
ime, the answer also depends on who offers you the best itinerary. One multi-segment flight itinerary that I was seeking was very simply not being offered by Travelocity, but was available through the Chase travel service. YMMV.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just another data point on going through the UR mall but paying with PayPal - worked fine for me with Drugstore.com.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
B
Originally Posted by joediver
Using the UR travel site only gets you 1 extra point. I'm really kind of surprised they offer the other travel sites and give you more points to use them
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
ime, the answer also depends on who offers you the best itinerary. One multi-segment flight itinerary that I was seeking was very simply not being offered by Travelocity, but was available through the Chase travel service. YMMV.
Thanks guys, that cleared it up perfectly!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Just checking on something.

I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Are these statement true:

a) If I find an airline ticket for $125, I can book it through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site and it will cost me 10,000 points.
b) If I can find a ticket on United that I want for 25,000 miles, I can transfer 25,000 miles from my Chase account to United and get the ticket. (Are there any transfer fees)?

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by redtop43
Just checking on something.

I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Are these statement true:

a) If I find an airline ticket for $125, I can book it through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site and it will cost me 10,000 points.
b) If I can find a ticket on United that I want for 25,000 miles, I can transfer 25,000 miles from my Chase account to United and get the ticket. (Are there any transfer fees)?

Thanks.
Both are true and there are no transfer fees in b)
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The Travelocity terms on the Ultimate Rewards portal contain a statement that I do not understand:

Not eligible on gift cards. Eligible within three weeks of booking. Not eligible on activities, taxes, fees, Top Secret Hotels, insurance, order changes with the call center, travel for good products, Amtrak tickets, Last Minute Deals, or travel booked through other advertisers such as Globus Vacations. Not eligible on rental cars as of 7/12/11.

Anyone know what the bolded sentence means? It wouldn't make sense that booking travel more than three weeks in advance is ineligible, would it?
Has anyone figured out what this sentence means yet? Anyone make a booking at Travelocity for a flight or hotel MORE than 3 weeks away and received the 2x points?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:31 pm

I like to think of the UR site as a way to redeem my points rather than accrue them. If I'm just trying to book an airline ticket, I'll go to the airline's site or whatever travel site I want to use. If I'm trying to redeem my points, the UR mall seems the best (and only) option for that.

Unlike some other cards, the UR mall has some decent click-though offers so it's more than just a site to redeem your points, so that's kind of a bonus. Those 10x bonus point offers are really great. Although it makes more sense if they gave you bonus points for booking through their site when you're not redeeming points.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by brandkb
Although it makes more sense if they gave you bonus points for booking through their site when you're not redeeming points.
This is exactly what they do, you get an extra point for booking through their site.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
This is exactly what they do, you get an extra point for booking through their site.
Hmmm... I only got one point for booking through them whereas I received two for booking with Travelocity, Alaska Airlines and our corporate travel agency. Maybe I should give them a call...
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by brandkb
Hmmm... I only got one point for booking through them whereas I received two for booking with Travelocity, Alaska Airlines and our corporate travel agency. Maybe I should give them a call...
You got a total of 3 points, 1 extra for booking through them and the normal 2 points.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:52 pm

Unhappy Beware-Chase Sapp. Benefits Now 'verbal'

I contacted Chase regarding changes I heard about to the Trip Cancellation insurance. I wanted to review the max. allowable, exclusions, and conditions as described in previous Chase 'Guide to Benefits' guides. The new guide just has one sentence concerning trip cancellation insurance and it is totally inadequate. Chase customer service said they'd be happy to go over it on the phone in detail but could/would not send me the info. Call me crazy, but this is a large bank, and my trust in them not to later claim, I didn't follow the conditions outlined to make a claim, or that I misunderstood the customer service rep is not very great. They told me on the phone, the maximum payable per claim for cancellation insurance is now $5000. You want that in writing? Good luck. Chase is acting like a fly night scammer by refusing to give us the same detailed info they had in the past in writing and I don't know why. Or do I?

Last edited by pauli5500; Jan 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Chase Sapphire pts redemption in NYC

Just booked a Hyatt Andaz Wall Street reservation with my Sapphire pts for $146.58 a night in Feb. when the lowest on Hyatt's website for a flexible booking is $225 a night AAA rate. I'm pleased. Certainly made my points go further than transferring over to Hyatt Gold Passport points.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
Just booked a Hyatt Andaz Wall Street reservation with my Sapphire pts for $146.58 a night in Feb. when the lowest on Hyatt's website for a flexible booking is $225 a night AAA rate. I'm pleased. Certainly made my points go further than transferring over to Hyatt Gold Passport points.
How many points did you pay?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I paid about 40,000 pts. for 3 nights.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
I paid about 40,000 pts. for 3 nights.
After you posted that I went and looked at June for some Hyatt pricing. Ultimate Rewards was asking for over $500 a night for the Grand Hyatt...while Hyatt was listing the rate at high $300's. Of course I plan to transfer out 22K points to my Hyatt account instead.

Then I went and looked at a bunch of hotels on two Hawaiian islands that I had been pricing out. Which the exception of an Outrigger Condo...every hotel price on the UR site was considerably more money! They wanted $340 a night at the Hilton Waikoloa, when Hilton has rooms for a little over $200.

I saw a $238 price on UR for this Outrigger condo...and that was the same price on the Outrigger site...

Makes no sense as to what room rate they show on UR...but from what I saw they never had any rates that were lower than the "base rate". I can understand if they don't show the "non-refundable" rates but that was not the case in all the hotels I looked at....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.