Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New United Explorer card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:01 pm

B747, so what do you have now? The CO MC, the UMP Visa, AND the Explorer? Did you have to cancel any of them and/or lower your lines to get the Explorer?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:26 pm

I had the MP Biz Visa, MP Select Visa, and CO MC before the application to the Explorer. My application was declined initially. After calling Chase, they agreed to close the MP Biz Visa and approve the Explorer. Now I still have three active cards: MP Select Visa, CO MC and MP Explorer.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:55 pm

Got it, thanks. I have the UMP Visa and recently got the Sapphire Preferred. I'll see if I too can add the Explorer card...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by imm2b
Just logon to my MP account and saw the offer for up to 60K miles for the new Explorer card. May be it's targeted?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPElite60kAFW.aspx
A trick to get the 50k+10k offer: Log in to your united.com MP account (not your Chase account) and then copy/paste the link above to your browser. You may get the 30k+10k offer initially, or the "Catalog" page if you already have a MP Visa. Copy/paste the link again and you should see the 50k+10k page. Click on the "Apply Now" button. Your name and MP account should be pre-filled in the application form.

If you use this trick, do not call to confirm the offer. Just be patient and wait for the miles to post after your first statement closes. If you are worried, take screen shots for each step so you can call Chase if the miles do not post.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:03 pm

Interesting trick, but doesn't work for me, I get the 40k offer even after copy/pasting multiple times.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:38 pm

I guess you have to be Silver or above MP member to get the 60k.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Tried and received a letter from Chase in the mail asking to send either a tax return or pay stubs to prove my income. Is this normal? Citi/AA gave me an instant approval online, so I was kind of surprised by the response I got for this.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Gold
I see a 60k offer on my mp account page as well. Not bad in the post-BA, C1 era.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Interesting trick, but doesn't work for me, I get the 40k offer even after copy/pasting multiple times.
Same here.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by B747SP
A trick to get the 50k+10k offer: Log in to your united.com MP account (not your Chase account) and then copy/paste the link above to your browser. You may get the 30k+10k offer initially, or the "Catalog" page if you already have a MP Visa. Copy/paste the link again and you should see the 50k+10k page. Click on the "Apply Now" button. Your name and MP account should be pre-filled in the application form.

If you use this trick, do not call to confirm the offer. Just be patient and wait for the miles to post after your first statement closes. If you are worried, take screen shots for each step so you can call Chase if the miles do not post.
Copied and pasted several times as described but keep getting the catalog page. Reckon it's "No 60k for you!".
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by imm2b
Just logon to my MP account and saw the offer for up to 60K miles for the new Explorer card. May be it's targeted?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPElite60kAFW.aspx
I get this from the above url.....

"We're temporarily unable to complete your application. Please resubmit your application or try again later.

Thank you for your patience."
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by sdtumbleweed
I get this from the above url.....

"We're temporarily unable to complete your application. Please resubmit your application or try again later.

Thank you for your patience."
The link works but it is for the 40k bonus application
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
The link works but it is for the 40k bonus application
I'm getting the 60k page to show up when I'm not logged in to my United Account and the 40k page when I am logged in.

I have no status with United and I never have.

Just say'n.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
Applied and got a "10 day" message. This would be my 5th Chase card and I already have >50k in credit with them, will call and ask to reduce credit on a different card for this one (may cancel my CO MC if necessary).
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:39 pm

I currently have the old Chase Mileage Plus Visa Signature Visa, with my wife as an authorized user. I'm now able to get the 60K offer to come up, but I'm a bit confused about the difference between converting and applying for a new card. The offer terms say "Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer." Have people here actually gotten the bonus miles by applying directly for the Explorer card even if they previously held the other card?

If I can't get the miles, is my wife considered an "existing cardmember" as an authorized user -- if not, I'm thinking she can apply on her own (using our household income, which I believe is still allowed as CA is a community property state), later adding me as an authorized user. Any pitfalls to that (other than the miles accruing in her account, of course)?

edit: I see B747SP reports getting the bonus despite holding an old MP Visa; anyone else confirm the same happening?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.