Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tronic
Just received both my personal and business cards today. Before I activate them I just want to verify one thing. I don't see any mention of the 50k bonus points with the information that was included. I did verify with the csr when I was being approved and she confirmed the 50k/$1k spend. I know I can call again but I just wanted to check here to see if this was normal.

Thanks.

How long did you wait between the applications for the personal and business cards? It sounds like you probably did them both at the same time, is that right?

I'd like to get both myself.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:34 am

Sigh...Will the day ever come when Canadians can apply for these wonderful offers? I positively drool when I see these offers for WN. We fly WN from BUF all the time, and spend several months a year in the U.S.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by dorif
Sigh...Will the day ever come when Canadians can apply for these wonderful offers? I positively drool when I see these offers for WN. We fly WN from BUF all the time, and spend several months a year in the U.S.
rent a shack in BUF, apply for an SSN and away you go!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slvrblt
How long did you wait between the applications for the personal and business cards? It sounds like you probably did them both at the same time, is that right?

I'd like to get both myself.
It is possible to get them at the same time. If you get questioned just explain you want to keep personal and business expenses separate, and SWA is your primary airline.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if the signup bonuses still count for the CP?

I saw in some recent comments over at MMS that they didn't think theirs counted (but they did sound confused).

Just want to check because otherwise I'm going to apply for other cards.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Majikow

I saw in some recent comments over at MMS that they didn't think theirs counted (but they did sound confused).

I saw your comment in your application thread, the confusion is that they do not count as TQP but they do count as CPQP.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Majikow

No one seems to really know for sure. I think we are all waiting for this round of card to happen, people do their $1,000 spend, get their 50,000 pts and then see what is what.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:02 pm

I applied for both the business and personal cards not long after this newest 50k mile offer was renewed.

I met the $1k minimum spend as soon as I got the card. My business account already processed a statement and miles posted to my account. See for yourself:

Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Nice! Finally some concrete proof.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:36 pm

with 0 flights, were are you getting the extra 4000 points that count towards the CP? i'm trying to figure out how to get up to 110,000. i was approved for both the business and person (just received them in the mail this week) and have 3,000 points towards a CP already in my account. i must figure out a way to get those other 7,000 points for the CP!

Originally Posted by GREGSS
I applied for both the business and personal cards not long after this newest 50k mile offer was renewed.

I met the $1k minimum spend as soon as I got the card. My business account already processed a statement and miles posted to my account. See for yourself:

Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/0...est-companion/

Read...learn.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GREGSS

Thanks. Always helps for a recent confirmation to end the second guessing.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11
It is possible to get them at the same time. If you get questioned just explain you want to keep personal and business expenses separate, and SWA is your primary airline.

Good deal. Thanks.

I applied for both and got instant approval for the personal card, but got the ambiguous "we need to think about this and we will contact you" on the business card app.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by bkat73
with 0 flights, were are you getting the extra 4000 points that count towards the CP? i'm trying to figure out how to get up to 110,000. i was approved for both the business and person (just received them in the mail this week) and have 3,000 points towards a CP already in my account. i must figure out a way to get those other 7,000 points for the CP!
His actual spending on the card(s) is what got him the extra points over 50k, I assume.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by slvrblt
Good deal. Thanks.

I applied for both and got instant approval for the personal card, but got the ambiguous "we need to think about this and we will contact you" on the business card app.
I, as well, applied for my first ever business card yesterday. Since I already had had the SWA personal, I did not bother applying as I wouldn't get the bonus points.

I also received the "we need to think about this and we will contact you". I immediately called Chase reconsideration line, and after answering a few questions was approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.