Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Everyone still looking for a 50k offer, check your email and/or spam folders. While the 50k offer was running, Southwest was also sending out personalized invitation links via email to apply to those subscribed to the Southwest mailing list. I got two (one in March, one in April), and both still work and lead me to the 50k offer. The application is pre-filled with my name and address, so posting links won't help, but I bet a lot of you have these sitting in your mail and don't even know it.
I've still got a working 50,000 point link to a targeted personal card. But I already applied and received the card earlier this year. I'm just wondering if I could call and have that personal 50,000 point offer applied to a biz card which I hope to use to get to the companion pass. Any thoughts on that?
Old May 22, 2012, 11:25 pm

Doubt it. But you could try referencing the invitation code if you're brave.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:02 pm

Interestingly, I got a third email solicitation for the 50k offer just today. So it seems that even though the offers are 'dead', the personalized offers are still going out.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:50 pm

I got a Southwest Rapid Rewards card Feb 2011...how long do I have to wait to get another one?

Also, I'm sure this has been answered but can I apply for a Biz + Personal and associate both with my personal RR account?
Old May 24, 2012, 9:44 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
50,000 offer still alive via targeted email

FYI: My husband just receive an offer for the 50k via email today. The offer has an invitation code and it is specific to his name. Even if I got to chase.com and put the invitation code in it comes up with his name to apply. I receive Rapid Rewards email and didn't receive the offer, at least yet.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Targeted-shmargeted! If an offer is not available to me, it's dead!
Old May 29, 2012, 10:09 pm

This is probably a no, but I got the 50k Plus personal card a few months ago, was hoping to go for the biz 50k also sometime soon to get CP, but seeing as those links are dead, I do have some targeted emails for the 50k Premier personal card that are working.. I'm assuming they wouldn't allow both personal cards (or at least the bonus), right? TIA
Old May 30, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
This is probably a no, but I got the 50k Plus personal card a few months ago, was hoping to go for the biz 50k also sometime soon to get CP, but seeing as those links are dead, I do have some targeted emails for the 50k Premier personal card that are working.. I'm assuming they wouldn't allow both personal cards (or at least the bonus), right? TIA
I would be very surprised if it worked.
Old May 30, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: A few
If you read upstream someone claimed success getting both flavors of personal cards and getting the bonus on each. Ymmv
Old May 30, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
If you read upstream someone claimed success getting both flavors of personal cards and getting the bonus on each. Ymmv
About 6 weeks ago I applied for the plus card one night, the premier card the next morning. I got instant approval for the first card, a written no response on the second card, so called and offered to cancel an existing chase card. I was then approved for the premier SW card. I received the 50K miles for each. I was asked why I wanted 2 cards. I explained that I travel a lot and would like to use one for travel and one for non travel expenses. No problem. Both of my cards are personal cards.

Last edited by LouiseT; May 30, 2012 at 6:21 am Reason: typos, clarification
Old May 30, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Just how does one get targeted for the 50k? What did those who got targeted do?
Old May 30, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by opus2002
Just how does one get targeted for the 50k? What did those who got targeted do?
No one can say for sure, but it's coming through RR emails, so you at least have to be signed up to get those.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by LouiseT
About 6 weeks ago I applied for the plus card one night, the premier card the next morning. I got instant approval for the first card, a written no response on the second card, so called and offered to cancel an existing chase card. I was then approved for the premier SW card. I received the 50K miles for each. I was asked why I wanted 2 cards. I explained that I travel a lot and would like to use one for travel and one for non travel expenses. No problem. Both of my cards are personal cards.
I've got a 50,000 point targeted offer for the Plus version of the card. I would consider trying what you accomplished but I can't tell what version of the SW card I have now. I can't see any reference to a "Premier" or "Plus" on the card itself and I've looked everywhere on the online account pages but can't find anything that says what version of card I have. It does say "Signature" on the card but aren't both the "Premier" and "Plus" Signature cards? (I don't think a Signature card is the third version of the SW personal.)
So how does one determine which version of the SW card you have if it doesn't say anything on the card?
Sort of confused here, as you can tell.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
I've got a 50,000 point targeted offer for the Plus version of the card. I would consider trying what you accomplished but I can't tell what version of the SW card I have now. I can't see any reference to a "Premier" or "Plus" on the card itself and I've looked everywhere on the online account pages but can't find anything that says what version of card I have. It does say "Signature" on the card but aren't both the "Premier" and "Plus" Signature cards? (I don't think a Signature card is the third version of the SW personal.)
So how does one determine which version of the SW card you have if it doesn't say anything on the card?
How much was your annual fee?

Plus is $69 and Premier is $99. That should tell you. Look back at your first or second statement.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by brasov02
I thought Plus is dark blue, and Premier is black? Or is that just what they use on the marketing materials?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.