Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11
Given that this is in the SWA 50k thread, that's what I figured.

Thanks. After Chase shutting down links that were posted earlier, I'd rather just post the one philemer needs.
ahaha sometimes I'm an idiot...what about PMing him it instead?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:46 pm

I signed up for the old version of the southwest card the previous program, has anyone had any luck getting approved with the new card and getting the points
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by philemer
I've checked all my old links and the 50K offers are dead. Does anyone have an active link?
The one's in this post are still working.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18203459-post103.html
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: USAA, SPG
New Premier Card 50k bonus link on Millionmilesecrets... I can't seem to get the link to work, however.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Please let me know how it turns out - my wife is going to do the same thing in the near future.
We received the letter in the mail a few days and and just called last night. The rep approved my wife only after she agreed to move around some existing credit.

She also had to answer quite a few pointed questions regarding the business, but it wasn't a problem.

The call probably took 10 minutes total and now we're about 7k RR points from CP. Can't wait!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by Rynlau
New Premier Card 50k bonus link on Millionmilesecrets... I can't seem to get the link to work, however.
The link works sometimes and then stops working. Not sure what's going on.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:30 am

If the companion pass is good for all of 2013, is it good for a trip booked in late 2013, but taken in early 2014?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by LouiseT
If the companion pass is good for all of 2013, is it good for a trip booked in late 2013, but taken in early 2014?
No, CP is only good for flights taken during the active period.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:46 am

I applied for the 50K Southwest signature card a few weeks ago through one of the active links. I then received a letter saying I was denied because of too many pulls to my credit (??). We did very recently go through a lengthy refinancing of our mortgage, but I'm not sure if that was the problem. I just shrugged it off, but then I received a letter this past week from Chase asking me to send a "photocopy of your social security card" and "proof of your current physical address (e.G.[sic] Utility bill, government issued id)." This is to supposedly further evaluate my application and protect my security.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but sending a copy of my actual SS card in the mail makes me uncomfortable.

I've googled the phone number given and the address, and there are reports calling it legit and reports saying it's a scam. I am going to call the regular Chase 800 number Monday morning, but I'm just curious if anyone else has received this letter. I'm hoping it's legit and I can just verify things to them in some other way.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:28 pm

Could one earn a companion pass by being approved for three of the four credit cards (two types, personal and business) and receiving their respective 50,000 point bonuses? On the WN Web site it states credit card bonuses don't count, but based on most everyone's experiences, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Could one earn a companion pass by being approved for three of the four credit cards (two types, personal and business) and receiving their respective 50,000 point bonuses? On the WN Web site it states credit card bonuses don't count, but based on most everyone's experiences, that doesn't seem to be the case.
The bonuses count, however, you'll only be approved for one personal and one business card -- not for multiples of either.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by tyfabes
The bonuses count, however, you'll only be approved for one personal and one business card -- not for multiples of either.
Can't you get bonuses for both premier and plus? I thought Chase gives bonuses on different types of cards.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Can't you get bonuses for both premier and plus? I thought Chase gives bonuses on different types of cards.
I'm pretty sure it states in the fine print that bonuses won't be given for two personal or business cards, regardless of whether they are premier or plus.

If anyone as actually been successful in getting bonuses for both types -- I guess that's another story.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Draino3112
I received my points but it shows nothing towards the CP. Am I missing something? It seems everyones bonus points are qualifying, but mine are not. I called customer service and was told that bonus points earned during a sign up promotion do not count towards the CP. How did you guys get yours to?

EDIT: Found this on the website saying what I was told on the phone. So is everyone just getting really lucky that they are counting towards the CP?

"Companion Pass Qualifying Points are earned from revenue flights, points issued on Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners. Purchased points and points earned from program enrollment, Tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and Partner bonuses do not count toward Companion Pass status."
Does anyone else have the problem of bonus points showing but NOT counting towards Companion Pass??

Any CP feedback from applying for the new cards?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by jabillisruti
Does anyone else have the problem of bonus points showing but NOT counting towards Companion Pass??

Any CP feedback from applying for the new cards?
I'm not sure that this person knew exactly what he was talking about. That is not to say that it didn't happen.

In March he started this thread about all of the points he accumulated. He posted that he had done it over the past 10 months, so 7 chances out of 10 he accumulated the Southwest Points in 2011 and therefore they wouldn't be showing in 2012 as CP qualifying.

I am not stalking this guy, I just happened to be active in both threads and wanted to help him resolve the issue. Upon further questioning whether he received his original 50k points in 2011 or 2012 he didn't respond. I would definitely be interested to know if the deal is dead, but at this point based on everyone else's responses in this thread, I think it's still going.

I would hesitate to not go for this deal based on one person's statement which may or may not be accurate.

Just my .02. Don't mean to attack Draino, just want to get to the facts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.