Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
no response

I applied for this card when I received the email about 2 weeks ago and I still havent gotten a response. So much for 7 to 10 days.

Is there a number I can call?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:45 am

Received 30 K points when I applied. Called 2 days later, said I had gotten an offer for 40 K in the mail - recieved additional 10 K. Called again a week ago, said I had gotten a new offer for 50 K - and got another 10 K added to my account. Never hurts to call!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Libra7474
Received 30 K points when I applied. Called 2 days later, said I had gotten an offer for 40 K in the mail - recieved additional 10 K. Called again a week ago, said I had gotten a new offer for 50 K - and got another 10 K added to my account. Never hurts to call!
How high will you take this?!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Yuengling
How high will you take this?!
I think 50 K is as high as I can go. I have not seen any targeted offers higher than that, and I dont want to push my luck. Especially, considering I personally had not received any offers - I called the Chase and fibbed by saying I did. They did not check....
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Libra7474
LOL. What a lucky guy!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by artieshay
Limited Time Credit Card Offer, APPLY HERE

$99 Annual fee, but TOTALLY worth it, you also get 6,000 points every year on anniversary.
Thanks. Looks like an active link.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: As many as I can!
That's great! Thanks for the link.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:29 pm

Offer now open to everyone

The offer seems to be open to everyone now...link available from Southwest homepage.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...1ACSE2FF110706
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
The 50,000 point offer is now open to the public and not just a targeted offer. I just wrote a post with a rundown of the card benefits for anyone interested.

Basically 50k points is $833 towards Wanna Get Away fares, so this is a pretty good deal IMO.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
The 50,000 point offer is now open to the public and not just a targeted offer. I just wrote a post with a rundown of the card benefits for anyone interested.

Basically 50k points is $833 towards Wanna Get Away fares, so this is a pretty good deal IMO.

TPG, I know Rick was hinting at some deals coming down in July. IYO, are better days ahead? This card doesn't interest me even though for a WN flyer it has good value.

Last edited by TTBHG; Jul 6, 2011 at 3:53 pm
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:46 pm

It's an excellent deal, I think, too. In addition to redeeming the points for SWA flights, there is an option to buy a multitude of gift cards and even international flights and hotels with the points by using the 100 points to $1 conversion. So if someone doesnt need that many points or does not fly SWA often, they could literally cash the points through buying these gift cards - I got a $50 gift card to Walmart for 5,000 points just to see if it works. It is not as good of a deal as using the points directly for the SWA flights at 100 points = $1.6 conversion, but nevertheless...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by TTBHG
TPG, I know Rick was hinting at some deals coming down in July. IYO, are better days ahead. This card doesn't interest me even though for a WN flyer it has good value.
Theres more in the pipeline. The thing about these offers though is that they change every minute, so sometimes we are tipped off but many times they don't end up happening.

But I agree with Rick that there is more action to come.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM

I wonder if Chase will approve the great many of us who already picked up 3 Chase cards this year (CO 50K, BA 100K, Sapphire 50K). Thoughts?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
I wonder if Chase will approve the great many of us who already picked up 3 Chase cards this year (CO 50K, BA 100K, Sapphire 50K). Thoughts?
If you have good credit, are a good Chase customer (pay on time, maybe have a checking account, etc) and wait 30 days from your last app, I'd say your odds are good. I met someone recently who had 6 co-branded Chase cards and he's debating going for a 7th!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:25 pm

Are you able to have both the regular swa card and the premier?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.