Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 18, 13, 5:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old May 18, 11, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by blase View Post
I didn't get immediate approval when I applied a few days ago; they said they will notify me by mail... which I assumed was a decline. Then I sign into my Chase account this morning and see that there's a Chase Sapphire card listed with a $10,500 limit... guess I got approved after all! Woo hoo!

Thanks for posting this. I, too, had been told I'd be notified by mail and figured it was a decline. After seeing your post, I logged onto my Chase account and saw the card listed with the same 10.5K limit. Also noticed that I could now take the Ultimate Rewards points that had been sitting in my old Chase Ink account (which can't be transfered to travel partners) and move them into the Sapphire account (where they can be transferred). Nice.
Old May 18, 11, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by bobby21 View Post
Blase, did you get the BA visa by Chase in the latest promotion - last 2 months? I got it too and am thinking whether its going to be too many apps.
No, I got it the first time around, which was I think December 2009?
Old May 18, 11, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by blase View Post

FYI in case it's of interest to anyone... I have the following cards issued by Chase now:
* BA Visa
* Slate card (which I don't know why I keep except that it has no annual fees)
* Hyatt Visa
* Priority Club
* Now Chase Sapphire

Think it's time to cut myself off????
I currently have 6 Chase cards (BA, UA, CO, Marriott, PC and Hyatt).
Do you think I would be pushing it by applying for the Sapphire card?
Old May 19, 11, 1:16 am

i'm thinking about going for this one. it would be helpful to know what the expiration date is which they don't list. all these chase cards must be why jamie dimon is getting rich.
Old May 19, 11, 5:46 am

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by alandrafts View Post
Thanks for posting this. I, too, had been told I'd be notified by mail and figured it was a decline. After seeing your post, I logged onto my Chase account and saw the card listed with the same 10.5K limit. Also noticed that I could now take the Ultimate Rewards points that had been sitting in my old Chase Ink account (which can't be transfered to travel partners) and move them into the Sapphire account (where they can be transferred). Nice.
I havent seen anything yet... Did you apply when the deal first started?
Old May 19, 11, 9:53 am

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by Paulchili View Post
I currently have 6 Chase cards (BA, UA, CO, Marriott, PC and Hyatt).
Do you think I would be pushing it by applying for the Sapphire card?
When was your last approval?

If you're willing to close one or more of those cards, go ahead and apply. If you get denied, you can always offer to close a card or move credit lines around.
Old May 19, 11, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
When was your last approval?

If you're willing to close one or more of those cards, go ahead and apply. If you get denied, you can always offer to close a card or move credit lines around.
Early May for Hyatt card - had to shuffle credit limits on Chase cards.
Do you think I should close one or just close it if they want me to do so?
Old May 19, 11, 2:32 pm

Programs: Some.
I would wait for a denial before closing a card.

You'll likely get denied for getting that Hyatt card so recently, as well. If you really want the Sapphire, I would give it some time. This doesn't have an expiration date on it, so it should still be around in a month. I would apply then.
Old May 19, 11, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
I wouldn't close one, I would keep them all open and then close one if Chase balks and you can use the closing an account and moving the credit line around as a bargaining chip.
Old May 19, 11, 4:31 pm

Programs: Primarily AA and oneworld alliance partners
Anybody has gotten the card yet? Normally, it takes 7-10 days from approval to get the card. But when status line indicates that I should've received the card already. Weird!
Old May 19, 11, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Chase absolutely ROCKS!!! I had been locked out for so long but now I am back in big time. Got the Continental card a few weeks back and applied for this one today. Got initial decline but one call in to the reconsideration line and they were able to approve without even taking credit line from the CO card. So that is 50k CO and 50k points in one month. Not to mention some $25k of new credit that I will be able to use in the future for redistribution!

What I really like about Chase is that their credit people are actually intelligent non scripted human beings. Infinitely better than the ridiculous process at Amex (I am still trying to work through a reconsideration there that has been ongoing for 3 weeks now). Citi guys are pretty scripted though I think if you write you get a more intelligent review, but Chase really do far outshine their competition in this space. Bravo!
Old May 19, 11, 5:36 pm

Very nice people there. Had 6 Chase cards, most recently the Continental and British. Got denial letter, called and canceled an old card, got the Sapphire approved. Quick and painless.
Old May 19, 11, 5:53 pm

Application Response

How long does it normally take to get a response on your application? I applied when the offer first came out on May 13th and still getting the recording that I will hear from them within 2 weeks. I have a credit score of 780 and only have one other Chase card.
Old May 19, 11, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mirage777 View Post
How long does it normally take to get a response on your application? I applied when the offer first came out on May 13th and still getting the recording that I will hear from them within 2 weeks. I have a credit score of 780 and only have one other Chase card.
I was in the same boat and a couple of days ago I sent a nicely worded email via secure messages from my Chase online account and the recording changed to "approved" on that same day. Now I can see a sapphire card in my online Chase account too.
Old May 19, 11, 6:23 pm

How Long for Miles to Post?

If you spend $3K in the first month, does it still take 3 months for the points to post?

Search this Thread