Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goldenbear
That will sure show them. You want to get hit with a credit inquiry for nothing?

spending $3k to get $500-$625 isn't as good as spending $3k to get $1000-$1250, but it's sure better than nothing.
I don't churn though cards so I really don't care about the inquiry
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I will not move forward with this card if the don't honor the 50K bonus points. Like it was said earlier, 50K is not worth a $3K spend. I just received 100K for a $1K spend with AMEX Plat. If they say "no" I will just cancel, with a 774 CS, I am sure I will get plenty of offers else where.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by bro22k
I will not move forward with this card if the don't honor the 50K bonus points. Like it was said earlier, 50K is not worth a $3K spend. I just received 100K for a $1K spend with AMEX Plat. If they say "no" I will just cancel, with a 774 CS, I am sure I will get plenty of offers else where.
Canceling the card will not remove the hard inquiry already appear in your credit report.
50k which can be converted to 50k CO miles is already a very good offer.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by milaohu
Canceling the card will not remove the hard inquiry already appear in your credit report.
Or 50K Hyatt points, which is also a great value.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by milaohu
Exactly... there is no benefit to just not completing the spend req and cashing out the points, unless you just want to 'prove a point' and not give Chase your business because of this. The hard inquiry is done so the rest is history.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA
I was approved on 6/20/11...I sent a secure SM yesterday 6/21 and was denied. Chase stated that it was a targeted offer and I was not eligible. I pushed back since I have been a Chase customer for 12 years, etc. After a few more SM's back and forth, they finally said they will send my request to the approriate department and will be in touch in 1 business day (as of last night 6/21). So at this point, they are not giving the bump anymore...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Just got approved for this card and will send that secure message as soon as the card appears in my Chase account.

I saw people saying that sending this message over the weekend will net better results. Still true??? Saturday day time is best??

thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Igor718
Just got approved for this card and will send that secure message as soon as the card appears in my Chase account.

I saw people saying that sending this message over the weekend will net better results. Still true??? Saturday day time is best??

thanks.
Go back to post #676 and start reading. This "bump" appears to be dead in the water.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Originally Posted by cazic99
Exactly, this is why we do a mass cancellation and quite frankly 50k points at 3k spending in 3 months is really not that great at all. Lets flood them with cancellations.
No offense, but are you 12? We are not that big of a fish to Chase. You think they'll care if we close these cards? It reminds me of a phrase ... "Will walk instead of taking a train to teach a train operator a lesson". Come on ... 150K/year is not that much. It's not even a small business spending.

Originally Posted by zutmin
Go back to post #676 and start reading. This "bump" appears to be dead in the water.
My friend ... I do still see people here getting that offer. It also depends on what you tell them. Mark my words .... I will get that deal. I got all 4 AMEX Gold cards a bumped deal of 75K though only applied for the 10K one. Two of them asked for RSVP ... I didn't have one.

So .... let's see. I'll post my results here. And if it works, I'll share exactly what I BSed them with,.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:41 am

[QUOTE=Igor718;16605504]No offense, but are you 12? We are not that big of a fish to Chase. You think they'll care if we close these cards?

Mark my words .... I will get that deal./QUOTE]

Good luck big fish!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Even if Chase will not bump to 100k for me, I am still happy with 50k. I applied 6/20 expecting 50k, knowing I was not guaranteed 100k points.

But I should receive the card today, and I will still make an attempt!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Igor718
No offense, but are you 12? We are not that big of a fish to Chase. You think they'll care if we close these cards? It reminds me of a phrase ... "Will walk instead of taking a train to teach a train operator a lesson". Come on ... 150K/year is not that much. It's not even a small business spending.

My friend ... I do still see people here getting that offer. It also depends on what you tell them. Mark my words .... I will get that deal. I got all 4 AMEX Gold cards a bumped deal of 75K though only applied for the 10K one. Two of them asked for RSVP ... I didn't have one.

So .... let's see. I'll post my results here. And if it works, I'll share exactly what I BSed them with,.
Please do post your results. I have not totally given up, but I did not see any requests for bump approved since early last night.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum/Hilton Gold/Delta FO
Please do post your results. I have not totally given up, but I did not see any requests for bump approved since early last night.
I applied last week and got the pending page, this morning I saw the card in my Chase account. I immediately sent them a message inquiring about the 100K offer, and got shot down:

Dear Epaminondas,

I value this opportunity to assist you with your inquiry
regarding the 100,000 bonus points offer on your Chase
Sapphire account.

I would like to inform you that, when you apply for a
card, there are various sign up offers given to the
cardmembers which changes from time to time.

Please note that the 100,000 bonus points offer was an
acquisition test offer only and was sent to a select
customers through direct mail. Regretfully, this is a non
transferable offer. I sincerely apologize, I am unable to
meet your expectations in this matter. Nothing would have
pleased me more than to provide the resolution you are
seeking.

However, if you were sent an invitation for this offer, I
kindly request you to reply to this e-mail with the offer
code and the invitation number, and either myself or one
of my colleagues will be happy to review your account for
eligibility.. Please note, the invitation code is a 12
digit code exclusively sent to each customer.

I hope I have satisfactorily replied to your inquiry.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

[Chase Employee]
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AA BAEC
I think I got the additional 50,000 points on Sunday - email response was a bit nebulous, but 50,000 points showed up in my account immediately. I haven't completed the 3K spend yet, will do so this month, so will see if I get another 50k.
If not, oh well, it's still 50K points.

Since discovering flyertalk in Nov 2010 I have received:
150,000 AA miles
100,000 Amex Plat MR
100,000 Capital One points
50,000 Chase Sapphire points

I also receive AA miles every month from bankdirect.

Really, thanks to everyone who participates and posts these fantastic deals.
I have been able to book flights for friends and family as well as myself at little to no cost, I'm very grateful.^
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:41 am

Another denial. Same generic response. I asked yesterday via SM around 8pm and got the reply today this morning. Oh well, we are so spoiled. I guess 50k is a blessing but since I am a born procrastinator so I am not complaining. Question is not why I was refused? Question is why did I wait so long to jump in. I guess some people never learn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.