Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:33 pm

Is Chase pretty chill about converting the Sapphire Preferred card to just regular old Sapphire after a year?

They didn't let me do that with the BA card, but it would be nice to get a long-term no annual fee card to help build credit .
Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Originally Posted by BurBunny
I have a current, long-standing Chase Slate card I'd love to change over to a Sapphire Preferred. I also have a UA Premium and UA Business account.

What would be the best method of doing this? Apply for the Sapphire Preferred, and when/if declined, appeal and ask for the Slate CR to be transferred over? What if I'm not declined? Just leave the Slate sitting out there?

New to the CC new cards points game, and I'm defintiely a bit confused.
Just apply for the Sapphire Preferred. If you get denied, offer to either transfer some credit from the Slate card, or cancel it entirely to open the new Sapphire card. However, don't cancel any cards before you apply.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA*S A3*G TK *G EY G AA G RJ Gold IHG Spire Amb HH DIamond Marriott Gold BW DIAMOND SELECT
chase loves multiple cards

I have six Chase cards all in the last year, as long as you have one card you use regularly, they will approve you for another, although they may transfer (lower) you credit limit from one card to another.
After I cancelled my 30,000 mile Continental card they immediately offered me the Presidential Plus card for free and then targeted me for the Continental 50,000 mile card

Originally Posted by Igor718
Yea this is interesting.

In the last 3 weeks I got.

AA Citi Visa 75K card
AA Citi Visa 75K card (for mother)
BA Chase 100K card
CO Chase 50K card
today applied and approved for AMEX gold at 50K points

will I be stretching it too much if I now apply for another Chase card??? Will they even approve me? Is it worth it or better hold off? I mean I already have 350K miles and not planning to fly anywhere this year.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:42 am

My card hasn't arrived yet, but online, the account only says "Sapphire" not "Sapphire Preferred". I am concerned about whether there was a mixup. Can anyone tell me what it should say online?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
My application and my wife's were not approved immediately. Is this typical for folks with very high credit scores and only a few cards?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:36 am

transfer to other CO account?

Anybody transferred points to CO recently? I tried to transfer points from my card to my wife's CO account, but after one week the order is still open. They don't allow sharing any more?

Originally Posted by beltway
Chase UR points are transferable in 1000-point increments to any account with the participating airlines. There is no check to prevent sharing (e.g., wife's Chase account to husband's CO account).

There's a good discussion of this (for Ultimate Rewards and a few other programs) in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-1-better.html
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by mareh
My card hasn't arrived yet, but online, the account only says "Sapphire" not "Sapphire Preferred". I am concerned about whether there was a mixup. Can anyone tell me what it should say online?
It will say "Sapphire" and not include the preferred designation. I wondered same thing after I first saw it showing up online but hadn't received it yet. Check the credit limit assigned to the card; if it's >$5000 then you're probably fine.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by cfield
My application and my wife's were not approved immediately. Is this typical for folks with very high credit scores and only a few cards?
Do you have other Chase cards? If so then yes, they will often review the application for a week or so before decision.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
I got the "We'll let you know" notice after applying on Friday, and after calling the Reconsideration line, they told me I was denied because of having an application with chase within 6 months. I had picked up the United card in January, and the BA card in April. Realigning credit wasn't an option.

Kind of disappointing considering I do I all my personal banking with Chase, but I suppose I'm now done with applying for Chase cards for a bit! Sucks to get a hard inquiry on the credit report for nothing.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
It will say "Sapphire" and not include the preferred designation. I wondered same thing after I first saw it showing up online but hadn't received it yet. Check the credit limit assigned to the card; if it's >$5000 then you're probably fine.

Thank you! The limit is okay, so I should be all set. I have my print out, so I know I applied for the right card.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
Originally Posted by mareh
Is 5k minimum credit limit for the Sapphire Preferred card? I was approved for this credit limit but no clue of my credit score. I have been an expat for last 5 years with little nee for credit aside from 1 cc I have held for 8+ years.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with Chase automatically increasing their credit limit? Any advice for spending habits that increase chances? I can consistently charge my everyday expenses to this card but only total around 4k per month.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by flyinhy
I have six Chase cards all in the last year, as long as you have one card you use regularly, they will approve you for another, although they may transfer (lower) you credit limit from one card to another.
After I cancelled my 30,000 mile Continental card they immediately offered me the Presidential Plus card for free and then targeted me for the Continental 50,000 mile card
That's good to know. I've had many CC's over the years but never with Chase until the CO card 6 wks ago. Figured I should wait at least 8 weeks before applying for the Sapphire Preferred seeing it's Chase again. Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
I got the "We'll let you know" notice after applying on Friday, and after calling the Reconsideration line, they told me I was denied because of having an application with chase within 6 months. I had picked up the United card in January, and the BA card in April. Realigning credit wasn't an option.

Kind of disappointing considering I do I all my personal banking with Chase, but I suppose I'm now done with applying for Chase cards for a bit! Sucks to get a hard inquiry on the credit report for nothing.
You may wanna try and call the reconsideration line again if you feel you have a good credit score. A lot of posts in this thread suggest people are getting approved for much more than 2 cards every 6 months.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes

Well, try the time-tested FT method: Call back and speak to a different agent. Have a good reason for wanting the card besides the points. For e.g, "I can never book airline flights with my miles, but Chase's Ultimate Rewards makes it so easy! "

Offer to reduce credit and chances are that you'll be fine. Unless you have a very low credit line on your BA & United cards.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
From others' and my own experience, 6 month gap is a myth. 30-day gap is generally ok. I waited close to 60 days before applying again.
Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
Offer to reduce credit and chances are that you'll be fine. Unless you have a very low credit line on your BA & United cards.
The 6-month gap clearly isn't a myth - as it's not fictitious - although Chase does make exceptions to that rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.