Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I have never had one of these Chase cards before, I got an offer via mail for 50,000 pts after a $3k spend. Is that a good deal or is there a better one out there ?

Thanks
Have never seen a better offer than that since 2011.

I had the CSP during 1/12-10/12. I've read that for Chase cards in general, we have to wait 2 years to apply for the same card to qualify for the bonus. Is it 2 years from opening date, approval date or closing date?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hightide
I've read that for Chase cards in general, we have to wait 2 years to apply for the same card to qualify for the bonus. Is it 2 years from opening date, approval date or closing date?
The wiki above tells you where to find the answer.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by hightide
Have never seen a better offer than that since 2011.

The $2k spend 40k point deal works much better for me right now as I have several other spends going and don't do the manufactured bit.

Only problem is I have seen post saying people think they may have to spend $3k using the $2k link in the wiki

If that's the case may as well just go for the extra points and buy a Costo gift card if need be to hit the $3k spend
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: SW RR
2k spend in wiki works!

I want to confirm that the wiki link for $2k spend in 3 mos for 40,000 pts work.

When I called to activate the card, the CSR reviewed my account and mentioned 2k spend along with other benefits of the card.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:46 am

question about 40k bonus

Currently I have myself listed as the primary owner on the CSP and my wife as a authorized user to help me achieve the sign up bonus. Now that were are almost at the 3k spent, can she apply for the card to receive the bonus for herself? Or does being an authorized user cancel her out as a new customer.

Any help would be appreciated.

If she can get the 40k bonus on an account with herself listed as the account owner I would like to get her signed up before she starts Christmas shopping.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by tmal14
...can she apply for the card to receive the bonus for herself?
Yes.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:10 am

Any word on 50K bonus?

I saw a very early post about a 50K sign on bonus that is no longer valid. Are these common or to be expected a certain time of year? Or should I just go with the 40K and be grateful?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
CSP MC being Converted to Visa

I put this in another thread, but thought it was worth posting here, too. There were rumors that Chase was going to switch all existing MC accounts to Visa by the end of the year. So I sent an SM to Chase to ask about it. This was the response.

Dear Jeanie,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your account ending
in xxxx.

I would like to inform you that your account is not yet
changed to a Visa card. However, it will be changed to a
Visa credit card. You will be notified about it prior to
this change.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-3k-spend.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.