Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:50 am
Suspended

Any idea whether the 50K bonus will be back any time soon? I would like to apply for this card this month.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
has anyone got a 2nd bonus?

I had the Visa version of this card in 2010>2012 and closed it March, 2012 so I could get approved for a different Chase card. Has anyone been able to get a 2nd bonus, now 40K pts? I've read 1000s of posts re:Chase cards and I've yet to see anyone successfully get the bonus a 2nd time. Blogger MMS recently reported that his wife just applied for her 2nd CSP (Visa) and they're also hoping for a 2nd bonus.

I'm thinking of applying for the MC version of this card in March and wonder if anyone thinks I have a chance for another bonus. And don't say "slim and none". I know that Chase doesn't normally "allow" churning the same card but the MC version is, at least in name, different.

I also read the posts up-thread that Chase refused to give current Visa card holders the MC version. They said "they're the same", "pick one".

Last edited by philemer; Jan 6, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by philemer
I had the Visa version of this card in 2010>2012 and closed it March, 2012 so I could get approved for a different Chase card. Has anyone been able to get a 2nd bonus, now 40K pts? I've read 1000s of posts re:Chase cards and I've yet to see anyone successfully get the bonus a 2nd time. Blogger MMS recently reported that his wife just applied for her 2nd CSP (Visa) and they're also hoping for a 2nd bonus.

I'm thinking of applying for the MC version of this card in March and wonder if anyone thinks I have a chance for another bonus. And don't say "slim and none". I know that Chase doesn't normally "allow" churning the same card but the MC version is, at least in name, different.

I also read the posts up-thread that Chase refused to give current Visa card holders the MC version. They said "they're the same", "pick one".
I have been able to churn Continental, United and Amtrak cards with Chase....will close the SP visa next month and will try to apply to the SP MC after that to see if i can get a 2nd bonus

Last edited by philemer; Jan 6, 2013 at 10:10 pm Reason: fix quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:11 pm

Could someone pls confirm if this is the best offer available for Chase Sapphire?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by woow14610
Could someone pls confirm if this is the best offer available for Chase Sapphire?
Yes, as far as I know, and as far as public offer
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by philemer

I just read a recent post in this forum or the MileBuzz forum that the poster got both bonuses despite being told otherwise.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
I just read a recent post in this forum or the MileBuzz forum that the poster got both bonuses despite being told otherwise.
I can confirm that I have received both Visa and MC sign-up bonuses and there was less than 1 year between cancelling the Visa and applying for MC. Bonuses have all posted fine.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
When you book a flight on AA with Ultimate Rewards travel using points, is it the same as paying with cash? (e.g. it's a purchased fare, so you can use upgrades?)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by sthubbar
I can confirm that I have received both Visa and MC sign-up bonuses and there was less than 1 year between cancelling the Visa and applying for MC. Bonuses have all posted fine.
Did you cancel right out or leverage the CSP to get another card then app for the MC version later?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by phdtomd
Did you cancel right out or leverage the CSP to get another card then app for the MC version later?
I converted the Visa CSP to a regular Chase Sapphire and then a few months later applied for the MC CSP.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
When you book a flight on AA with Ultimate Rewards travel using points, is it the same as paying with cash? (e.g. it's a purchased fare, so you can use upgrades?)
Correct
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sthubbar
I converted the Visa CSP to a regular Chase Sapphire and then a few months later applied for the MC CSP.
Great data point. I'm assuming you applied for the MC CSP through the MC site?

Two family members have their CSP annual fees coming up, but since they have Ink Bolds, I'll be canceling their CSP Visas. Hoping to get them the MC later on.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:39 pm

Upgrading on AA when paid with UR

Originally Posted by krazieman
Yes--I was able to upgrade. However--at the time of purchase, the Ultimate Rewards agent told me that these were not upgradable tickets. I booked with UR anyway since I wanted the EQM. But when I went on aa.com and pulled up the reservation, I was able to check that I wanted to use the 500 mile upgrades for myself and my husband, and the upgrade went through fine. The trip and upgrades were in October 2012 and the booking was earlier in 2012 but I don't remember exactly when.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Milleageplus 1K
I have two MCs from Chase - the UNITED MC for business and the personal UNITED MC (both were continental CCs).

I applied on the same day for the UNITED VISA cc AND the CSP and was approved for both. It wasn't easy I got a phone call from Chase asking me if I do want BOTH new cards as I already have 2 others united credit cards. I said yes thank you.
They approved both of them.

So now I have about 4 flights to book in 2 months, all xatlantic so I should be able to pay as much as needed to get all the points AND the extra miles for flights...

Will let you know if everything goes well.

Either way I'll be closing the other personal account (the MC) and stay with one business MC and one personal VISA as well as the CSP which will become my primary card (no foreign transaction and most of my purchases are abroad).
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have a saphire visa. i told them i also wanted a MC. i was told i could have one, but not the other. choose. i kept the visa, as i have a LH MC.

last week, , i was propositioned by united chase visa for their 50K mile chase visa. i did get it, so now have 2 chase visa. the thieves did a bait and switch. i was offered 50k. 50K showed up on the offer and the "fill out the paper work" when the approval came(it was instantaneous), hey hey, only 30K. the card came yesterday. i called this morning, and after a bunch of yap, yap from the agent, i got my 50K. i told her that since they were playing a game i wanted double or nothing, and expected 70K. she did not buy it. she said i will get my 50K. i have hard copy of the offers. watch these guys, and do not bend over. a bank is a bank is a bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.