Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 12:59 pm

Got my card today and activated it. Confirmed the 50,000 UR points. I agreed - it's a different type of card with the numbers on the back (for security, supposedly) and I think it feels heavier than the other cards. It's pretty neat. Since I don't do Mint, I guess I better get started on the $3k spend. (I got this card a week too late since I charged almost $3k on an annual expense transaction just last week!)

I don't really like that this card only offers 1 points per dollar spend (unlike capital one card), but I like the no forex fees too. I have yet to figure out where to put the points to yet (airlines or hotels or other redemption), but I think it'll come in handy sooner or later.

Originally Posted by blase
Got my Chase Sapphire card today - very interesting look about it, with the account # on the back rather than on the front!!!

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; May 23, 2011 at 1:07 pm
Old May 23, 2011, 3:15 pm

wow

sounds like a great offer.
Old May 23, 2011, 4:39 pm

I applied 2 days ago and got the dreaded wait 10 days message. I came home today and they left a message with my wife to call them. I called them, the CSR puts me on hold for a minute, then I am not sure exactly what she said but it was something like "they could not get ahold of you and so they approved you".

Were they just verifing my phone number? I may have listed my cell # on other applications.

Other Chase data points.
  • Cancelled the UA card in the last 2 weeks since the annual fee was due
  • Have had the CO card since Dec
  • Have had the BA card for 1.5 years
  • Had Marriott card in the past x2
  • Had the PC card in the past
  • Had a checking account in the past
Old May 23, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by mileshound
I applied 2 days ago and got the dreaded wait 10 days message. I came home today and they left a message with my wife to call them. I called them, the CSR puts me on hold for a minute, then I am not sure exactly what she said but it was something like "they could not get ahold of you and so they approved you".

Were they just verifing my phone number? I may have listed my cell # on other applications.
Very likely they were attempting to obtain your approval to move some available credit from another Chase card you have to this one instead of extending additional credit to you. I had that happen to me earlier this year when they moved some credit from a Chase card I never use to approve the SW card I was applying for. They didn't reach me but spoke to my wife and told her they were trying to contact me regarding the card app. Didn't say anything else. Noticed in my online Chase banking a few days later the addition of the SW card and the reduced limit on the other unutilized card.

Don't be surprised if a Chase card you have gets its limit reduced. If you don't already have other Chase card(s), then who knows what it's about.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
I still haven't heard anything back from them.. Applied on May 18th.

Last edited by onefatsurfer; May 24, 2011 at 7:42 am
Old May 24, 2011, 12:24 pm
FSU

Originally Posted by lavag
I applied for and was instantly approved for BA Chase on 4/7 for $15k. Applied for Chase Sapphire yesterday, got 'pending' message.

Today, I called up 1-888-245-0625 to check on the status and was told I'd been denied due to 'Chase card within 60 days.' I was asked why I was applying for so many cards, was honest that I have a lot of travel coming up and am trying to get miles to save money. The customer service rep agreed that it was a good idea I offered to move some credit, suggest $6000, and was then approved. Success!!

Although I'm pleased with the outcome, I'm annoyed that the decision had clearly been made but they were waiting to deliver the news by snail mail god knows when.
Thanks for this number. I applied last week and called them today. I was told that my application was pending, but she could review it if I wanted to hold. I suggested that Chase move some credit from one of my other cards and was told no problem and was approved in a minute. Much easier than waiting for snail mail.
Old May 24, 2011, 6:16 pm

Applied and got the Sapphire Preferred when it just came out(probably in 2008?), got 25K UR points at that time .

Did anyone get the 50K bonus again as a previous holder of this card?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2011, 6:18 pm

Does anyone know the last date of this promo? I have cancelled a chase card and want to wait as much as I can for better chance of getting approved.
Old May 25, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
I still haven't heard anything back from them.. Applied on May 18th.
That is only 4 working days ago (from when you posted). It is entirely normal to have to wait for Chase and it's nothing to be worried about. I have had to wait for every Chase card I have and none were denied (I am now waiting for my 6th).

Contrast this with my recent AMEX Hilton application. Applied about 7am on the 18th. Card arrives by Fedex on the 19th! I made my minimum spend on the 20th. The full 50K bonus hit my HHonors account yesterday - 4 working days after I made my initial application. Wow!
Old May 25, 2011, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by User Name
That is only 4 working days ago (from when you posted). It is entirely normal to have to wait for Chase and it's nothing to be worried about. I have had to wait for every Chase card I have and none were denied (I am now waiting for my 6th).

Contrast this with my recent AMEX Hilton application. Applied about 7am on the 18th. Card arrives by Fedex on the 19th! I made my minimum spend on the 20th. The full 50K bonus hit my HHonors account yesterday - 4 working days after I made my initial application. Wow!
I guess you're right.. I'm just nervous because I have so many recent applications, and because my CO Chase card got hit with fraud ~ a month ago and they had to close the account and re-open a new one, and I'm assuming they had to make a pull on my credit score for that. Also, my GF applied for the card the day before me, and it showed in her account on Monday
Old May 25, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by User Name

Second this! This is my 5th card application with Chase in 15 months. I think only one was automatically approved but none have been denied and on the occasions when I've spoken to their approvals department, they've been really easy to deal with. I used to get nervous getting on the phone... now it's second nature.

All said, I'm pretty sure they're pulling Experian and that'll show ~18 hard inquiries, about half in the last 12 months. I'm sure looking forward to getting an answer on this one.
Old May 25, 2011, 7:52 am

I applied on 5/15. No results so called on 5/21 and was told "pending" - no immediate help with the live person. Called this morning to the recording and approved! 10 days, as promised.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
Applied 5/23, got the status pending message. Called 5/24 and they directed me to the fraud department. Cleared that up. Still in pending stage.

As far as Chase goes, got the original BA 100k and the Continental 50k. We'll see how this goes.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:37 pm

Data points:

Applied for Amtrak card by Chase on 5/14

Applied for Sapphire card by Chase on 5/16

Amtrak rejection letter on 5/23: Too many inquiries/cards with Chase

Chase called on 5/24 about Sapphire card: approved after shifting credits around, haven't receive card but it showed up on my account today.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:36 pm

Called today, approved w/ 5k limit, no shifting $ around. ^

Though, I kind-of want to up that limit so I can dump a whole bunch of up-and-coming bills on it to tackle my spend requirement quickly, without worrying about having a high debt usage on the card. Whatever, it doesn't matter anyway.

The GF just got her card in the mail. It's damn nice. Really heavy, feels almost like it's made out of metal. I like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.