Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Jakz34
So can you get the CP with the personal plus or should I just go for the business?
I did mine last year with the plus and business. I don't have a real business per say but I do sell on eBay and said I just make $1,000. Approved after calling in.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by agp423
Priority Club + Ritz Carlton card in one app round = possible?

I have never been denied any Chase CC, or any CC in general, except one time when my dumb a decided to apply for the Visa Black. I am quite thankful I was not approved.
Easily possible. I've done at least 1 CHASE each quarter this year along with 2 others. Just did Chase Marriott, Ritz, and Citi AA. Hoping SW offer comes back at end of year as my companion pass will expire at the end of year and I will try to time that one to expire in 2015.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Applied for an Ink Bold about 12 days ago. Denied.
Called recon twice, and still told no.

Wouldn't even more credit around (and I have enough to get a $5k card atleast).

Called them once more today.
Still denied.
Refused to move credit and told me that they want to see more "spending patterns" on my current cards (Freedom, Priority, BA, CSP).
When I asked him what kind of patterns was he talking about, he became very cryptic, saying that Chase can't tell me what to do.
So then I asked him if he could tell me in HIS opinion how many more months of spend would they want to see? Again got a cryptic reply.

Now what?
Does this business line have ANY women? I've always had better luck with the ladies.
But each of the three times I have gotten a grouchy male, who is quick to say DENIED!
Also, has anyone ever had any luck from contacting them by mail? or emailing the executive office?

Last edited by jatink129; Aug 6, 2013 at 9:03 am
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PainCorp
So what you're saying is we should do AORs on a long layover to get different bureaus to be pulled? =P
But the bureau chosen is based on the address you provide on the application, not the physical location you apply from, no?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
But the bureau chosen is based on the address you provide on the application, not the physical location you apply from, no?
Correct, IME.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Would like y'all's opinion on my chances for the United Biz card.

I started playing the credit card game this year, so here's the history:

Jan 2013 - Chase United
March 2013 - Chase Hyatt
March 2013 - Chase Sw Plus
March 2013 - Citi AA
March 2013 - Barclay US Airways
March 2013 - US Bank Club Carlson - DENIED
April 2013 - Barclay Choice Priv - DENIED
July 2013 - Citi AA
Aug 2013 - Citi AA
Aug 2013 - Chase SW Premier

I've also had a Freedom card for a few years, so not brand new to Chase, but not much history either. You can see I've gotten 4 new cards from Chase this year. The last TWO weren't instantly approved because I'd reached the max credit limit Chase is willing to give me. Recon did approve them after moving credit from cards. But it looks like Chase won't give me any more new credit - which is just fine by me, but it also means no more instant approval, if approval at all.

Given this, what are my chances of getting approved for a United Biz card in the next 30 days? Note that I don't have an incorporated business, just sell stuff on ebay on the side.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by jatink129

Now what?
Does this business line have ANY women? I've always had better luck with the ladies.
But each of the three times I have gotten a grouchy male, who is quick to say DENIED!
Also, has anyone ever had any luck from contacting them by mail? or emailing the executive office?
lol. If you can't get it done by phone, mail or email will be harder, IMO. I would try the phone 1-2 more times, hope to get your "women", and if that doesn't work, just start having a "spend" pattern
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
lol. If you can't get it done by phone, mail or email will be harder, IMO. I would try the phone 1-2 more times, hope to get your "women", and if that doesn't work, just start having a "spend" pattern
This time around, the agent pointed out to me that I'd call earlier and the decision hadn't changed.

So I am a little wary of calling again. Let's see.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL, UA, lotsa hotels
Originally Posted by DrJohn999
Agreed, and I have the Experian PIN ready for them.
Applied online, received email confirmation of application then waited 2 days. Called the recon line and explained credit report was locked. They found the application and then asked me which credit bureau would I like to provide them. I said, "Well, I have an Experian PIN ready," and that was that. The rest of the transaction took about 5 minutes with the usual questions. Approved for $10K limit (low enough not to affect much else, high enough that I doubt I'll actually use it all on any one trip), card in the mail real soon now.

Forgot to ask about the 70K points; we'll see when the card arrives.

p.s. Jatink129: the agent was a lady, and nice-sounding at that.

Last edited by DrJohn999; Aug 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm Reason: add postscript
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by DrJohn999
p.s. Jatink129: the agent was a lady, and nice-sounding at that.
Yes, most are, for the personal card recons.

I'm talking about the business card recon number. Seems like each person there is a grouchy dude. I'm not adept at sweet-talking men.

I'm going to call again, and just hang up if a guy picks up.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:55 pm

Yes, most are, for the personal card recons.

I'm talking about the business card recon number. Seems like each person there is a grouchy dude. I'm not adept at sweet-talking men.

I'm going to call again, and just hang up if a guy picks up.
and *67 just for the heck of it...
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:20 pm

just hang up if a guy picks up.
+100

There is no better advice anyone can give you. ever
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:18 am

This might be the not entirely the right place to ask but I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question. I applied for the 60k Ink bonus. I hit my 5k spend yesterday. How long until the bonus 60k post?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
This might be the not entirely the right place to ask but I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question. I applied for the 60k Ink bonus. I hit my 5k spend yesterday. How long until the bonus 60k post?
How long until your first statement posts? The points should come with that first statement. If not, then they'll definitely come with the 2nd statement.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:17 pm

How long until your first statement posts? The points should come with that first statement. If not, then they'll definitely come with the 2nd statement.
First statement posted already, before I hit the threshold. I'll wait for the next. I only asked because Amex says next statement but usually posts in like 2-3 days.

I'm trying to book a return for a trip next January, so I may SM them and see if they can accelerate it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.