Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Weird data point:
A couple weeks ago I had to call reconsideration for the UMPC. Tonight a Hyatt app got instant approval.

Same job, same income, same credit lines
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:44 pm

My experience applying for 1 personal card and 1 business card on the same day (Wednesday).

First applied for the Chase Hyatt card using the $100 statement credit offer that shows when you try to book a room on hyatt.com. Instant approval with $5,000 limit. I was surprised because I thought I was maxed out with Chase in terms of number of cards and credit extended.

Then applied for the Ink Plus and got the "needs review" message. I then sent a secure message saying that "I applied for a new Ink Plus credit card and if you need to move credit around in order to approve me, you can use $7,000 from my credit card ending in XXXX". Received a response that my request has been forwarded to the appropriate dept. After 2 days received another secure message saying my request is being reviewed. After a few hours that day I checked status and both applications came as approved. Then I noticed in my online account that they took $5,000 credit limit from a card that I use the least, different than the one I suggested.

OT, but I also called to cancel my UA card and they offered $100 statement credit, which I took. Friday was a good Chase day for me.

Then today (Monday), I received approval emails for both cards (Hyatt and Ink Plus), which is a first for me with Chase. The Ink Plus email also said 50,000 bonus points after $5,000 spend in first 3 months.

I also received a rejection letter today for my Ink Plus application citing "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". Before this churn cycle I had 2 business and 5 personal credit cards with Chase.

Then also today (5 calendar days after application date) I pulled my Experian report and saw only one inquiry from Chase. They did not pull any other bureau.

SUMMARY: 1 personal app instantly approved and 1 business app approved via secure messages reconsideration and only 1 inquiry in total for me.

Last edited by michael_v; Apr 8, 2013 at 6:59 pm
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Searched but didn't see anything, only one result which didn't really help.

I'm registering a dba for a sole proprietorship tomorrow, which will then become an LLC/S-Corp down the road. Over the next year I'll slowly move utilities to the business name, with cell phone being the first in the next 5-6 months when a contract is up. But here is my question.

If Chase wants something in the dba name, and nothing is in it as of yet, I'm assuming, since it's still technically a sole proprietorship, that they'll accept my current AT&T bill in my name for the time being? Anyone have any experience that I missed when dealing with a registered dba?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:40 am

Can I apply two chase cards back to back?

I applied Chase sapp card two years ago and cancelled after three months. I read many posts and feel like to apply again. But can I apply another chase card for southwest rapid rewards points on same day or next day? Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mak101
I applied Chase sapp card two years ago and cancelled after three months. I read many posts and feel like to apply again. But can I apply another chase card for southwest rapid rewards points on same day or next day? Thanks.

You have a lot to read up on but what you should do is apply for 2 or 3 chase cards using 2 or 3 different browsers. Make sure all forms are filled out and click apply as fast as you can between them. This way you raise your chances of instant approval on all of them. If you do this on the same day your chances of getting only 1 credit pull are high as long as your apply for all personal cards or all business cards ( don't mix between the two as it will give you an additional pull.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:36 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
last i heard its only possible to get 1 chase card every 24 months.. guess youre sol
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Plenty of successful reports from people who have applied for more than one Chase card on the same day, e.g. Ink Bold and then Sapphire.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
last i heard its only possible to get 1 chase card every 24 months.. guess youre sol
nice joke.

from reading the various threads many apply for more than 1 chase card at a time.

the results are very independent based on many factors.

so not enough info. posted to really know.

however, I agree, it appears you have some reading to do here.^
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVP
+1 read up on each individual card. There are lots of reports of people getting a Chase card they had before, being approved, meeting the spending requirement and then getting a letter saying you are not eligible since you already received a bonus for this card. But there is s Sapphire MC as well as the Visa, so you should be able to get the one you didn't have. If you apply for 2 cards in one day, plan to call reconsideration for the second.

In any case, there have regularly been 50K offers for Southwest, so I would wait for one of those (unless you got a targeted offer).

Last edited by mia; Apr 24, 2013 at 7:46 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:42 am

I will wait for next southwest offer. I am just trying to help my friend and he is new in this game. He has not applied any chase card or any other card in last 2 years and wishing to have swa points for his next trip in Aug. Same time I am thinking he can take advantage of sapp card also. So I was looking for advise here. I am sure with his credit score 750+ he should not have problem getting cards.

I am also relatively new in this game and just started in Jan and scored swa personal and business and achieved CP status. Applied citi personal and business visa both approved last month and in the process of spending it.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:59 pm

About a month ago I applied for both Sapphire Preferred and Southwest Premier (50,000 points bonus for Southwest) on the same day and got instant approval on both. I didn't use any two browser tricks. I was really expecting to have to call the reconsideration line. I had kept an unused Marriott card open to move the credit line if necessary.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Searched but didn't see anything, only one result which didn't really help.

I'm registering a dba for a sole proprietorship tomorrow, which will then become an LLC/S-Corp down the road. Over the next year I'll slowly move utilities to the business name, with cell phone being the first in the next 5-6 months when a contract is up. But here is my question.

If Chase wants something in the dba name, and nothing is in it as of yet, I'm assuming, since it's still technically a sole proprietorship, that they'll accept my current AT&T bill in my name for the time being? Anyone have any experience that I missed when dealing with a registered dba?
-Only my opinion-

As far as I know, a "registered dba" has no legal effect except recourse against someone else who would steal your name. In any case, I have gotten cards from both Chase and Citi for my wife, using the business name she has registered with the county. Neither asked for any proof of anything, both went pending and approved within 2 weeks, no call to recon. The cards have her name as well as the business name.

I have had an S Corp with a TIN since 2006 so that makes my business apps more straightforward.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
-Only my opinion-

As far as I know, a "registered dba" has no legal effect except recourse against someone else who would steal your name. In any case, I have gotten cards from both Chase and Citi for my wife, using the business name she has registered with the county. Neither asked for any proof of anything, both went pending and approved within 2 weeks, no call to recon. The cards have her name as well as the business name.

I have had an S Corp with a TIN since 2006 so that makes my business apps more straightforward.
Yeah, I know sometimes people just put something stupid in there, so I'm hoping if I saw it is registered it will help, especially if I pull some credit from UA for the Ink Bold.

S-Corp is where I'm headed, just taking baby steps right now, dba was to prevent the name being stolen.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Plenty of successful reports from people who have applied for more than one Chase card on the same day, e.g. Ink Bold and then Sapphire.
On that matter, last November I have got 4 Chase cards on the same day: BA, Hyatt, Priority Club and a AF free (to build history with Chase and for credit score, but afterwards I regret doing that, since I'm probably keeping the Priority Club and possibly the Hyatt one on the long run)

Originally Posted by RFFlyer
On that matter, last November I have got 4 Chase cards on the same day: BA, Hyatt, Priority Club and a AF free (to build history with Chase and for credit score, but afterwards I regret doing that, since I'm probably keeping the Priority Club and possibly the Hyatt one on the long run)
And all were instant approvals. Total credit limit offered for these 4 cards was over 20k.

In the past I've got multiple cards from Amex and Citi on the same day also. So I guess this is far less an issue than some people believe

Last edited by mia; Apr 24, 2013 at 7:45 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by businessmachine
You have a lot to read up on but what you should do is apply for 2 or 3 chase cards using 2 or 3 different browsers. Make sure all forms are filled out and click apply as fast as you can between them. This way you raise your chances of instant approval on all of them. If you do this on the same day your chances of getting only 1 credit pull are high as long as your apply for all personal cards or all business cards ( don't mix between the two as it will give you an additional pull.
[Emphasis mine]
Yeah, I don't think that's true. Unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.