Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dajoip
I'm not sure this is entirely true, because I called on Friday and was denied, then had to wait the weekend to try again. I called back first thing this morning, and while they did have the info from my first call, they were still able to approve me the second time around (thankfully). You're probably right though, that it's a better idea to ask for a supervisor on the first call than hope for better luck on a second call.
What did you do differently the second time in order to get approved?
Old May 1, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Ink Bold

I currently have the Chase Freedom Card(had since early 2003). I applied for the Southwest Plus in mid-December(approved). Then I applied for the Southwest Premier(approved). I really want the Ink Bold because of the transfers to other airlines. If I applied now for that card would I be ok for approval?
Old May 2, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jk2
Any experience with Chase Hyatt Visa application? I applied 4 days ago, didn't get any decision. When I check a status of my application by phone, I didn't get anything (usually it says "being reviewed" or 'approved', etc). I called recon line and they told me that my application is under verification from Hyatt. This is first time I hear that. What is Hyatt verifying?
That's crazy if that is what you were told. Hyatt has nothing to do with the verification process. Chase does the verification and likely it is related to your income.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:03 am
jk2

Originally Posted by DCBob
That's crazy if that is what you were told. Hyatt has nothing to do with the verification process. Chase does the verification and likely it is related to your income.
This is what I was told two times when I called on Friday and Monday. I cannot even check the status of app by phone - each time I enter SSN I got "press 7 to repeat". Month ago I got Sapphire Pref. without any problems (instant approval). My only guess is that the offer I applied is related to Hyatt status - is you are Platinum you get 2 suit upgrades, if Diamond - get 2 suites. I am really puzzled, anyway.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jk2
My only guess is that the offer I applied is related to Hyatt status - is you are Platinum you get 2 suite upgrades, if Diamond - get 2 suites. I am really puzzled, anyway.
I have the Chase Hyatt Visa and it was approved immediately. Why would Hyatt need to verify anything? It's Chase that is paying for the upgrades, not Hyatt. But when and if you do get approved be aware that the upgrades/suites are subject to limited availability and may not be available for the dates or hotels you want. I had a hard time redeeming the suites (as a former Diamond at the time of card issuance) even though the hotel had plenty of suites available for purchase!
Old May 13, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Anybody have any recent reports on doing a personal and biz on the same day with only one inquiry?
Old May 23, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
I applied for and received approval for both the SW Personal and Biz Chase cards in mid-April. These are my only two Chase cards.

Not sure how long to wait between Chase apps.

When would it be feasible for me to apply for the CSP card?
Old May 23, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Just got approved for United MP Club card and also got the Chase SP card less than 6 months ago (provided as a data point). Application said pending but when they called, they only needed my job title, then approved me for the card.

I do have a question regarding getting promotional pricing. I have first year free on my SP and only got the MP Club card due to first year free. I saw in earlier posts on this thread that people were notified that they couldn't get a card for free. I'm just curious when and how they were notified. If Chase comes back and says I have to pay for the MP Club card, I'll just cancel (the T&C did note that you may not be eligable for promotional pricing if you are already getting a promotional price on another Chase card - saw this after I had applied).

As another side note, the Chase MP Club card is the same metal card as my Chase SP card.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:53 pm
inY

2/3/2011 Continental
4/11/2011 BA
6/10/2011 Priority Club
12/14/2011 Marriott Premier
12/30/2011 Canceled Continental
3/25/2012 Sapphire Preferred
4/3/2012 Canceled BA
Only the continental was instant. All others above were approved in a week.
5/12/2012 Applied UA Explorer, denied.
5/23/2012 Called reconsideration. They noted my many inquires, particularly the recent Sapphire Preferred. Approved by closing Marriott. They also threw in larger credit line than my Marriott had.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Travel22
I applied for and received approval for both the SW Personal and Biz Chase cards in mid-April. These are my only two Chase cards.

Not sure how long to wait between Chase apps.

When would it be feasible for me to apply for the CSP card?
In my experience, 30-35 days is enough time where I didn't have any questions from the recon department. Just approved for my 8th Chase card on 5/11, previous approval was 4/3. Had to shift credit around but other than that, it was easy!
Old May 28, 2012, 1:11 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
2 personal apps - 1 inquiry

Data points:

Chase Sapphire Preferred 06/11
Priority Club 09/11
Southwest 11/11
Ink Bold 02/12

A couple weeks ago, I applied for the United Explorer and Hyatt cards on the same day. I applied for the Explorer first, called the recon line and was approved after moving over some existing credit. I then instantly applied for Hyatt, called the recon line and was approved after moving over existing credit.

Also, I only had one 1 inquiry on my credit report! Wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:13 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Originally Posted by longhorn11
Anybody have any recent reports on doing a personal and biz on the same day with only one inquiry?
My wife did a personal and biz app in Feb, but the inquiries weren't combined into one.

I did two personals a couple of weeks ago and they were combined into one.
Old May 28, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheNoobTraveler
My wife did a personal and biz app in Feb, but the inquiries weren't combined into one.

I did two personals a couple of weeks ago and they were combined into one.
Thanks for the reply. I gave it a shot the other day and it resulted in two separate inquires. I guess personal cards have a better opportunity to be combined as opposed to 1 personal and 1 business. I just wish they would try something other than experian!
Old May 28, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by mia
How long in business. Nature of work. Number of employees. Legal structure. Gross revenue. Profit. Anticipated spending. Verified that I understood that a charge card must be paid in full every cycle.

Not showing a taxable profit is not unusual for closely held businesses. I explained how the profit was used to fund retirement program.
I've seen several posts in the thread where people have been getting grilled for this sort of info. Does Chase have a higher bar than other CC companies as far as what qualifies someone for a business card vs. a personal card?

I don't have a business, I just want the points. Shhh...don't tell Chase In browsing other CC threads, it doesn't seem like other vendors really care if you have a business or personal card, as long as you have sufficiently high income & credit score.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCBob
I believe the need to verify your status in order to award the correct bonus. So if your a Diamond you get 2 free suite nights vs gold which is 2 nights free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.