Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11
As far as I know they use the same guidelines, so it will probably come back with too many inquiries or new accounts. If I were you I'd wait a few more months with Chase, 4 new CC's within 6 months is living on the edge with them. Just my opinion.

If you do decide to apply, there is a different recon line I believe for the business card department. I would search for that, given that you will probably need to give them a call to explain things.
Thanks for the response. I'll probably hold tight for a bit with Chase then.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by keggers1
Thanks for the response. I'll probably hold tight for a bit with Chase then.
That's probably the best option. Chase is just way too valuable for signup bonuses to risk adverse action on your existing accounts or possible blacklisting.

Plus the 50k Southwest seems to have turned into a constant offer. They took it away for maybe a month last time and it was back at the beginning of the year. Also you never know when the next 100k offer from them will be coming out.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:56 pm

I was approved for my first Chase card in June. Since then I have applied for:
6/11 - UA Visa
8/11 - Sapphire
10/11 - Freedom
11/11 - Hyatt
12/11 - Ink Bold / UA 60k

I was approved for all but the freedom and that was probably a fluke with a very grumpy woman working the reconsideration line.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I was approved for my first Chase card in June. Since then I have applied for:
6/11 - UA Visa
8/11 - Sapphire
10/11 - Freedom
11/11 - Hyatt
12/11 - Ink Bold / UA 60k

I was approved for all but the freedom and that was probably a fluke with a very grumpy woman working the reconsideration line.
How many times did you call the recon line? Also what did you tell them to get that many pushed through in 6 months?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by longhorn11
How many times did you call the recon line? Also what did you tell them to get that many pushed through in 6 months?
I called the reconsideration line on all cards but the first two. I am just a good customer. None of the reconsiderations required much Q&A. My credit score was high and they saw I pay my balances off every month and that was it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:44 pm

Getting another chase card

I applied the chase sapphire card 1 month ago, got instantly approved. Now I want to get the Chase United Explore card before March 1st. Am I going to be approved?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Credit score?

If your credit score is very high, you probably will. They may reduce the credit line on the earlier card though.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:56 pm

I also got the Sapphire Preferred a month ago (though I wasn't instantly approved) and just recently applied for the Explorer card. They called and asked me some questions (mainly about the number of cards I have (BA, UA, CO & Sapphire) and how much credit I needed) and then told me I was approved, same was true with my Sapphire application. I haven't gotten the card yet though, but the most important question for me is whether I will get the bonus miles (and whether I will get 60K or 40K), which I won't know for some time. Good luck!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by drexelbit
I applied the chase sapphire card 1 month ago, got instantly approved. Now I want to get the Chase United Explore card before March 1st. Am I going to be approved?
It depends the amount you got approved for on the Sapphire.
Is it high?
May or may not, but good luck!!!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by usagishouse
Is it high?

I got 30K credit limit for the instantly approved sapphire card, what is deal here?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by usagishouse
Is it high?
This is probably a good indicator. I remember reading before that if you are in good shape credit wise, Chase usually starts out with a high initial CL (like 20k), then a medium (12k), then a small (5k). After that it's up to you to move credit around to get other cards approved. It's all about the total amount of exposure they can approve for you. Obviously these numbers are just examples and every situation is different, but I have seen many similar examples.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:24 pm

Getting two in a month is definitely doable. I just grabbed two in one day on the last app. First was instant and I had to call in to explain why I wanted a second. Usually no problems as long as you can give them a decent reason (keep business expenses separate, fly United frequently, etc).
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:48 am

Will chase just exchange my Explorer card for the Hyatt card? That would avoid a credit pull, right?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
Will chase just exchange my Explorer card for the Hyatt card? That would avoid a credit pull, right?
Possibly, but you most likely will not get a signup bonus on the Hyatt.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
Maybe, maybe not. Last I heard, doing it this way wouldn't get you the signup bonus, though. To get the bonus, you'll have to apply, then call and ask them to move your CL from Explorer to the new Hyatt app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.