Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Palaimo
Just applied for and got the 10-day message on the united explorer card.

What is the best number to call and in what time frame? I just called 888-245-0625 and all she would tell me is that they received the app and would review it. Is there a better number to call? I also see 888-609-7805 and 800-436-7961 listed in this thread - which is best to call to get the card quickly considered (and approved!)
I don't think there is a "best" number, it comes down to how you plead your case.
Took me 3 or 4 calls to get my sapphire through.
Don't take a rejection for an answer and try again
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:51 pm

Ok - thanks for the quick replies. I'll call back a little later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by onefasteuro
I don't think there is a "best" number, it comes down to how you plead your case.
Took me 3 or 4 calls to get my sapphire through.
Don't take a rejection for an answer and try again
I just told them I had some spending coming up and was hoping for a quick response, and they quickly pushed it through after that.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Palaimo
Just applied for and got the 10-day message on the united explorer card.

What is the best number to call and in what time frame? I just called 888-245-0625 and all she would tell me is that they received the app and would review it. Is there a better number to call? I also see 888-609-7805 and 800-436-7961 listed in this thread - which is best to call to get the card quickly considered (and approved!)
Sometimes it indeed takes longer. I had to wait the full 10 days for my Sapphire to come back approved. All of my other approvals have either been instant one way or another, well except the Hyatt card, but that takes connecting with Hyatt.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by txrose86
I applied for the Sapphire Preferred on Wednesday and also got the 10-day message. I called 888-245-0625 an hour or two later (around 9pm) and asked the status. They said it was being processed, but the lady I spoke to put it through while I was still on the phone with her and came back and said I was approved. If I were you, I'd call again.
And keep calling until you get the response you want.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Credit pull for checking application

I'm opening a Chase Total Checking account to score the $125 bonus. At the end of the online application they disclose there will be a credit pull. I will be applying for a Chase CC among others in March on my "churn day". Should I wait until that day to apply for this account, too? Is there away to avoid the pull, which is suspect is for the debit card which I don't want anyway?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:40 pm

I would go into a banking center and open the account there. Maybe they can ensure there is no pull. I've never seen a credit pull just to open a checking account (You aren't asking for money, you're asking for them to hold on to your money!)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:47 pm

Consolidation vs. cancellation vs. just leave it alone

Some great info in this thread and I'm hoping y'all can lend some expertise for those of us who have been grabbing a number of Chase bonus offers over the past 2 years. I've gotten:

United Mileage Plus Visa - April 2010
Continental OnePass Plus MC - March 2011
British Airways Visa - May 2011
United MileagePlus Explorer - Mid-Jan 2012

I'd like to get the Sapphire Preferred next before the bonus disappears (shooting for 30-45 days after Explorer) and maybe the Ink Bold (I have a legit small business). But what to do with my open cards? Consolidate them? Cancel some (obviously BA would be #1 since it has the annual fee coming up)? Or just go ahead with the Sapphire and Ink Bolk applications and have a good explanation for the reconsideration line? Experience with 5 personal + 1 business not raising red flags? Any help would be hugely appreciated - thanks!!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:02 am

My GF applied for the Sapphire Preferred over a week ago and hasn't heard anything back. Whats the best way to get an answer? She doesn't want to apply again and have an another credit pull. thanks
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ladan05
My GF applied for the Sapphire Preferred over a week ago and hasn't heard anything back. Whats the best way to get an answer? She doesn't want to apply again and have an another credit pull. thanks
Have her call the reconsideration line and ask to check the status.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:30 pm

Background: AMEX & Citi cards only, mid 700's credit scores ~6.5yr average age of accounts

Chase Datapoint:

Jan 10, 2012: Applied for UA Explorer and got instant approved for ~10k

Feb 01, 2012: Applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred and got pending 7 day/up to 30 days review message

Feb 02, 2012: Called App Status number, said pending review this is the most up to date info we have and listed my approved status on the UA and pending status on the Saph. This was all automated.

Hung up and called App Recon. #888-270-2127 - immediately greeted by a gentlemen who didn't seem too thrilled with his day/life/job/something. Was courteous and prompt with my answers. He asked for my info, put me on hold for ~30s and came back saying I was denied because I already have the max credit limit with them. I explained I was moving some of my travel,etc spending from AMEX to Chase since they partner with the only travel game in town (UA/CO) and that the travel/dining benefit of the Saph fit my needs better than the UA/CO perks. I asked about moving credit from UA/CO to Sapphire and he immediately obliged and asked "How much, keeping in mind you need $5k on the Sapphire". Put most of it on the Saph and he told me I was now approved. Done deal 5min phone call
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Chase Ink Bold

I want to apply for the 50k, $5k spend in 3 months Ink Bold, but I don't actually have a real business with a tax id. I saw somewhere it was suggested to just enter my name as the business name and social security number as the tax id, but if I am not instantly approved and need to call the reconsideration line what do I tell them? Will they hesitate to give me the card since I don't have a real business?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors
What Does Chase Have Anything...

What in the world does Chase have anything positive going for that company?

does chase have a point system, travel card, anything where you won't get ripped off in?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kooler
does chase have a point system, travel card, anything where you won't get ripped off in?
Chase issued co-branded rewards cards in the USA for BA, WN, UA/CO plus three hotel chains: Intercontinental, Hyatt, and Marriott. Chase also offers cards linked to their proprietary rewards program called Ultimate Rewards. Begin reading here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ts-thread.html
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by mia
Chase issued co-branded rewards cards in the USA for BA, WN, UA/CO plus three hotel chains: Intercontinental, Hyatt, and Marriott. Chase also offers cards linked to their proprietary rewards program called Ultimate Rewards. Begin reading here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ts-thread.html
o my heck, anytime I have had anything to do with Chase it has been me that loser and Chase the winner. This bank has so much money and they still keep trying to charge me to use my debit card. They have those policies that most banks got rid of where if your balance goes below a certain balance they charge you a service fee. I am usually not a negative person , but this is not a company that will even help the customer come out ahead. Just my experience, sorry if that hits you the wrong way, but it has been the way it has been since I have had anything to do with this company. I found a page once that had a ton of webpages, one after the other of past and current customers who have been either ripped off by this company, or have had some outrageous experience.

You know my brother was in Afghanistan fighting for this Country, his wife was at home in this country and they were expecting. They could not make a few months house payment because he was fighting in the war and Congress even had a law enacted that made it a crime for banks to foreclose or put penalties against the person or wife of the military person (or if it was a man or husband of the wife who was fighting) on military personal fighting for this Country and this bank made it so hard on my sister-in-law. They had so many penalties against them constantly, and they could not even talk about normal stuff when he called from Afghanistan. They had to always talk about how they were going to keep from losing their home. I saw it on the news that they asked a rep from Chase to go in front of some of the military and ask why they were doing this? The rep from chase just stood there and could not even say anything. it was so disgusting. Anyway, Chase--I just about vomited when I saw their name on this website.

I hope your relationship works out with whatever Chase is backing up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.