Search

CSP Travel Insurance for Award Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:07 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
CSP Travel Insurance for Award Tickets

Does the Chase Sapphire Preferred Travel insurance cover award travel booked through careers? If I get a reward ticket through Delta using Delta SkyMiles and pay the taxes with CSP, with Chase reimburse the Delta miles in the event typically covered by travel insurance? According to the brochure, “If any or all of the Covered Trip was paid for using redeemable Rewards, the Company will reimburse the Insured Person for Rewards used. The Company’s reimbursement shall equal the monetary value of the redemption through the Common Carrier. . . . If the monetary value of the redemption does not appear on the Insured Person’s itinerary or redemption confirmation issued by the Common Carrier, Rewards program manager, Tour Operator, Travel Agency, or Travel Supplier the Company will reimburse the Insured Person ($.01) per point redeemed up to the Insured Person’s Benefit Amount.” Any has any experience with this?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:30 pm

I could have sworn the Terms of Service for that program says you get 1 penny a point back. What would be really cool is if they just insure the redeposit fee.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:24 am

What does CSP trip insurance cover for award tickets?

I'm trying to figure out what CSP trip insurance covers when it comes to award tickets booked on United.

There are roughly $200 in fees for two tickets, and it's my understanding that if I pay for them with the CSP and have to cancel for a covered reason, they'll reimburse me for the $200 in fees I paid when purchasing the tickets.

Now, how about the $400 ($200 per person) fees United would charge me to cancel the award tix and re-deposit the miles into my account? If I have to cancel, I'm not about to throw away 120,000 miles. Would the CSP trip insurance also cover the re-deposit fees, or is that something I'm on the hook for?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by t325
I'm trying to figure out what CSP trip insurance covers when it comes to award tickets booked on United.

There are roughly $200 in fees for two tickets, and it's my understanding that if I pay for them with the CSP and have to cancel for a covered reason, they'll reimburse me for the $200 in fees I paid when purchasing the tickets.

Now, how about the $400 ($200 per person) fees United would charge me to cancel the award tix and re-deposit the miles into my account? If I have to cancel, I'm not about to throw away 120,000 miles. Would the CSP trip insurance also cover the re-deposit fees, or is that something I'm on the hook for?
What are the reasons for canceling?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by hiima
What are the reasons for canceling?
It's just a hypothetical scenario right now. Haven't even booked the award tickets yet. For argument's sake, lets say the reason for cancelling is illness (which is covered by Chase).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.