Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
It would be interesting to know the breakdown of card holders. I wonder what is the total number of Palladium Card holders? How many are JPM Private Bank vs JPM Chase CPC vs not bank customers. Is it still possible to apply for the card without having a relationship with either the Private Bank or CPC?

Hopefully 2015 is the year that JPM Chase figures out what the Palladium Card place is in the credit card market. Adding benefits to compete with the Amex Centurion card or at minimum the Amex Platinum card. We as card holders shouldn't have to ask each other the benefits or guess what we get with the card.
In order to get the card one has to have a relationship with PB or CPC, or so Chase has told me. But based upon this thread, it appears that the most salient question is "Why bother?"

It appears that current card holders keep wanting to feel loved/appreciated by Chase. From reading this thread, it almost feels like I'm reading posts from a jilted lovers board.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
In order to get the card one has to have a relationship with PB or CPC, or so Chase has told me.
I have had the card through JPM Private Bank since 2010. I mentioned this in my post #2351. What I was trying to say is that I wonder if JPM Chase is trying to "cull the herd" of Palladium Card holders since the original intent was to offer the card to Private Bank & CPC customers and maybe they are trying to force out all but their preferred customers. I like the fact that there are no late fees and interest for Private Bank card holders and also the hidden trade line. I just wish they would offer something a little along the lines I get from Amex Centurion which is also lately not that great.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I have had the card through JPM Private Bank since 2010. I mentioned this in my post #2351. What I was trying to say is that I wonder if JPM Chase is trying to "cull the herd" of Palladium Card holders since the original intent was to offer the card to Private Bank & CPC customers and maybe they are trying to force out all but their preferred customers. I like the fact that there are no late fees and interest for Private Bank card holders and also the hidden trade line. I just wish they would offer something a little along the lines I get from Amex Centurion which is also lately not that great.
If it could be competitive compared to the new Merrill Lynch Octave card that would be great.

Some things I would like but I doubt they would do because it would possibly cannibalize their other cards.

- Status with their hotel partners (Hyatt Platinum/Diamond, etc)
- Included UA lounge access or status with UA.
- 2x on dining.
- Airline credit similar to their RC card.

But seeing as all of these benefits exist in one form or another on another one of their cards, it's hard to imagine them making the Palladium some sort of super card.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:52 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
As a palladium card holder, is there anyway to get the fee for booking a United mileage ticket to close to flight date?
I know i get lounge access, but I don't know of any flight benefits. Some other chase cards do have such a benefit.

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:28 pm

Short answer: nope
But they're 'happy to take suggestions'. They suggested that I get the united club card in addition lol. I'd do it if they'd waive that AF.

On another note, how many in the private bank have had their fees waived? I haven't asked my banker. Also I get a sense from other forums that there's a private wealth management vs private bank distinction when it comes to automotic fee waivers. 5MM+ vs 25MM+ AUM. Any data points?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: US AMEX Centurion, JPM Palladium, UA Global Services, Hyatt Diamond
Wealth management employees work for themselves and they run their own P/L using the bank's name, so they have to split their income with the bank. It is up to the wealth management team whether they are willing to take up the annual fees based on how much money they make from you. Private bank employees work for the bank, and you are the bank's customer, not the banker's customer. Private bank will waive your annual fees in most instances depending on your relationship with them. Both private bank and wealth management have different investment strategies.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: N/A
Can anyone advise on whether you would rather put a laptop purchase on this card, versus an amex plat? (Warranty, price protection, purchase protection etc.)

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JBG89
Can anyone advise on whether you would rather put a laptop purchase on this card, versus an amex plat? (Warranty, price protection, purchase protection etc.)

Thanks
AMEX Platinum by far. Palladium uses the same crappy service as any other Visa card that has purchase protection. They're way harder to deal with.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I see that Chase has withdrawn Lounge Club as an Ink card benefit. Any change in the Palladium Card memberships?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by mia
I see that Chase has withdrawn Lounge Club as an Ink card benefit. Any change in the Palladium Card memberships?
Haven't heard anything re the Lounge Club from Palladium yet. Though both my INK and Fairmont account have received letter telling me that they're ending the lounge club program.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Haven't heard anything re the Lounge Club from Palladium yet. Though both my INK and Fairmont account have received letter telling me that they're ending the lounge club program.
Nothing here, yet, either. Hoping this won't change. To be honest, with a $595 AF, I doubt they'll pull Lounge Club from Palladium.

Still waiting on word of the promised Palladium enhancements supposedly dropping in 2015, though.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I just picked up this Citi Prestige Card with the 50,000 point sign up bonus. This card looks like a contender. Chase needs to up its game on the Palladium this year or bye bye Palladium.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Originally Posted by mia
I just got a new lounge club card last week in the mail as the last one expired, so hopefully that is an indication it will be a continued benefit.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:21 am

This is the LAST chance I'm giving you ...

I don't understand why folks keep threatening to dump this overpriced, under-perked card, but then always give it one more more chance, one more year (and $595), so Chase has the opportunity to make it better. (There are many examples of these folks in the thread -- not just immediately above).

There's no evidence Chase is ever going to do that, so what gives? Is it the metal card cool factor that folks are afraid to give up because they may not have access again (assuming they sneaked in at the beginning)? This is FlyerTalk, which is supposed to be populated by the sophisticated points crowd. I don't get it.

Last edited by rafaelalfonzo; Apr 18, 2015 at 7:02 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:40 am

Some people care about the invisible tradeline, which could make the difference in something like a mortgage rate, theoretically. Also, the United Club full membership is worth $500.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.