JP Morgan Palladium Card

Old Jan 19, 12, 12:06 pm

Is there a business version, or can businesses apply for this card?
Old Jan 19, 12, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, BA Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by TandTEnterprises View Post
Is there a business version, or can businesses apply for this card?
No, it's personal only, I've asked. But I'm planning to use it for business anyway.

Also, on the back of the card it says "Your card is constructed with Palladium", which is quiet a bit a way from being 100% Palladium and be worth as much.
Old Jan 22, 12, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by skofarrell View Post
http://webreprints.djreprints.com/2436681116183.pdf

Chase + "Ultra High Net Worth" = Lots of fees.
Similar to Amex Centurian?
Old Jan 23, 12, 9:16 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brosnan6 View Post

JPMC needs to do a better job at publicizing these benefits, as well as making the information more easily accessible. AFAIK, there's no way to verify property-specific benefits without consulting the giant book or calling (no website, app, PDF, etc).
I agree. While the book is nice, a Web site or iPad app would be more convenient.
Old Jan 23, 12, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by DS-Flier View Post
Got my card two days ago. Very nice looking card.
I was very impressed with how my signature looked etched into the card.

When I sent the application in, I scanned it and e-mailed a locked PDF to my banker at JPM, figuring the better resolution of the scan (versus fax) would result in a good looking signature.
Old Jan 24, 12, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold/US Air Gold/GHA Black
JP Morgan Palladium

Just a few experiences with the card:

1) Able to get me into a local restaurant that Amex Platinum couldn't at an hours notice on saturday night. Pretty impressive. Got a table for 4 at 8 pm. When I called myself first, the only offer was for a table at the sushi bar at 10:30. Amex got me the same with an offer for a table if something opened up. A quick phone call to JP morgan got me a table in ~ 5 minutes. Not too shabby.

2) Just got them to book me a suite at a Four Seasons -- for $150 cheaper per night that what Amex offered. Also cheaper than what virtuoso quoted me. The virtuoso quote did include free daily breakfast and an offer for a room upgrade if available. What makes this deal more impressive is that this Four Seasons isn't an official partner with JP morgan. They had the same upgrade/breakfast/welcome amenity offer for several other 5 star properties in the city but the fact that they were able to get such a good rate on a property not included in their official partner list was something that surprised me. Especially since the other places you can get good deals weren't able to match them on price.

Again, just two good experiences but so far, I'm happy with the card. The ~$600 I have save with this hotel booking has already paid for the card.

The experience with the call staff has been top notch.

Sometimes the stated value of the card (for example, lounge access, $200 travel reimbursement, etc..) doesn't justify the expense. But then you experience the great customer service and the occasional "good deal" and I realize that maybe what I'm paying for is worth more than what can be put on a brochure.

Overall a satisfied customer.

Will update as more things pop up.
Old Jan 27, 12, 10:33 am

Programs: the human race
Originally Posted by dabigdawg View Post
Just a few experiences with the card:

1) Able to get me into a local restaurant that Amex Platinum couldn't at an hours notice on saturday night. Pretty impressive. Got a table for 4 at 8 pm. When I called myself first, the only offer was for a table at the sushi bar at 10:30. Amex got me the same with an offer for a table if something opened up. A quick phone call to JP morgan got me a table in ~ 5 minutes. Not too shabby.

2) Just got them to book me a suite at a Four Seasons -- for $150 cheaper per night that what Amex offered. Also cheaper than what virtuoso quoted me. The virtuoso quote did include free daily breakfast and an offer for a room upgrade if available. What makes this deal more impressive is that this Four Seasons isn't an official partner with JP morgan. They had the same upgrade/breakfast/welcome amenity offer for several other 5 star properties in the city but the fact that they were able to get such a good rate on a property not included in their official partner list was something that surprised me. Especially since the other places you can get good deals weren't able to match them on price.

Again, just two good experiences but so far, I'm happy with the card. The ~$600 I have save with this hotel booking has already paid for the card.

The experience with the call staff has been top notch.

Sometimes the stated value of the card (for example, lounge access, $200 travel reimbursement, etc..) doesn't justify the expense. But then you experience the great customer service and the occasional "good deal" and I realize that maybe what I'm paying for is worth more than what can be put on a brochure.

Overall a satisfied customer.

Will update as more things pop up.
I am glad I am not the only one who has experienced incredible service, even when compared to Amex platinum. Thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:42 pm

Concierge?

Do you get a dedicated rep. At the concierge service, or do you just speak to whoever picks up? Also, how fast have they been to respond to requests?
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by aappulingam View Post
Do you get a dedicated rep. At the concierge service, or do you just speak to whoever picks up? Also, how fast have they been to respond to requests?
I have found they pretty much jump on requests when they get them.

I have changed flights and gotten an e-mail from the airline within 15 minutes of hanging up the phone (plus an e-mail from the concierge shortly thereafter).

There are two centers you may reach, one is in Canada, the other in the U.S. You can ask for a particular representative (which makes sense if you are already working on something complicated) and the person who answers won't try to insist on helping you (but he will politely offer) - but for a new request, you will probably speak to whoever answers the phone.

They answer the phone quickly too, I should add.
Old Jan 28, 12, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold/US Air Gold/GHA Black
Very quick response... usually second/third ring. Always directly connected to a real person. I've called in a few times and though I have talked to a few people, the names recur often. I don't think the group is that big. Perhaps < 20 people?

The other thing that impresses me is that if they aren't able to get you a great deal on the hotel/restaurant you asked for, their advice on what else to try is very helpful and frequently on point. For example, I am a vegetarian. They weren't able to get me a reservation for the time period I wanted. They called a few other restarants in the city that were highly recommended. So far this isn't anything you wouldn't get from any other service. What put the over the top is that they then called each of the restaurants and asked for a list of vegetarian selections and in cases where there weren't many options they asked to speak to someone in the kitchen to get examples of dishes that could be prepared. All this was then put together in a very well organized email and sent back to me. The email also included who they had spoken to in the kitchen in case I had any further questions. All in 2-3 hours of my original request.
Old Jan 28, 12, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by dabigdawg View Post
Very quick response... usually second/third ring. Always directly connected to a real person. I've called in a few times and though I have talked to a few people, the names recur often. I don't think the group is that big. Perhaps < 20 people?
All I know thusfar is that there are two offices, one in Canada and one in the U.S. I have spoken to the same person several times just by calling in so I'm inclined to agree the group is quite small.
Old Jan 31, 12, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by DS-Flier View Post

BTW, to be converted to a JPMC private client you don't need to have $30 mil. You will qualify with about $100k in total money in the bank, including retirement. They also ask about income and all, but they don't seem to be checking anything.

I don't have the card yet, but I may get one for myself and spouse, if not for anything but for the conversation piece factor.
Are you sure? I recently spoke to a J.P. Morgan Private Banking rep. and he told me that you have to have minimum of $5m. It used to be $3m last year but they recently raised the minimum.
Old Jan 31, 12, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by fullflush View Post
Are you sure? I recently spoke to a J.P. Morgan Private Banking rep. and he told me that you have to have minimum of $5m. It used to be $3m last year but they recently raised the minimum.
There are different levels of private client at JPMorgan Chase. The first level is Chase Private Client which will accept clients at 100k minimum but will ask you to have 250k by the end of the year or they will recommend your account be downgraded. Then the is JPMorgan private banking which is the figure you refer to. Then there is private wealth management which is 3-4x your figure.
Old Jan 31, 12, 1:55 pm

Earlier on in this thread there was talk of Chase/J.P. Morgan wanting to seriously improve the benefits of this card by adding benefits with Chase's hotel and airline partners.

Has anyone heard anymore talk or rumors on benefit improvements on the card?
Old Feb 2, 12, 10:35 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
Someone asking this in the Amex forum got me thinking... could one of you with the Palladium card find out if they will get you a reservation at Rao's in New York?

Search this Thread