Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by mlad1101
Just out of curiosity, if you know...(or anyone else)

Are AU cards the metal version as well?
They are
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:31 pm

I called and got an application. They asked if I had a private banker and said yes in respect to having a personal banker. They sent the app and had the card in 3 days at my doorstep.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Got mine, too. Pretty, not terribly impressive benefits, but whatever for now. Will reassess in a year.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Does anybody know if they actually check to see if you have a private banking relationship before sending you the app? From others posts here it sounds like you just need to say yes and they send the app.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Does anybody know if they actually check to see if you have a private banking relationship before sending you the app? From others posts here it sounds like you just need to say yes and they send the app.
No. They don't ask anything about wealth management on the app. They ask if you have checking/savings accounts and if they are Chase. They just vet your credit report and income.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:03 pm

I have a private banking account with Chase, though I don't see the benefits of this card when I already have the Amex Plat. (And I'd rather have the Plat than this one.) The one interesting advantage of this card is that it seems to have the chip (& pin?) system that is common in Europe & elsewhere. But for that I could get the JPM Select card for a $95 annual fee. The JPM Select card seems basically comparable to the Sapphire, except that it has the chip system. https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...lect-card.aspx
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
The one interesting advantage of this card is that it seems to have the chip (& pin?) system that is common in Europe & elsewhere.
It is Chip and Signature. None of the Chase cards (currently) have a PIN. You're right though, aside from the material of the card (and this benefit that is on the Select), Palladium is unimpressive.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:09 pm

But "chip and signature" would be sufficient in most places, in Europe, right? If I wasn't holding out for the rumored 50+10k United card, I'd apply for the Select and cancel my Sapphire.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:20 pm

But "chip and signature" would be sufficient in most places, in Europe, right? If I wasn't holding out for the rumored 50+10k United card, I'd apply for the Select and cancel my Sapphire.
No. Ok, well sometimes.

Chip and signature won't work for unmanned kiosks. This is a really big deal sometimes (gas, tolls, trying to buy a train/tram/bus ticket). I had to wait 45 minutes to get to a live person all the time watching locals come in, buy a ticket at a machine and be gone if a minute or two. Grrrr.

Also some stores don't understand chip and signature very well can get confused.

In my experience if chip and signature are supported then generally, but not always, so is swipe and signature.

You really want chip and pin. That is the puppy that will save your butt when you are out of gas someplace or at an unmanned train/bus/tram stop.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
No. They don't ask anything about wealth management on the app. They ask if you have checking/savings accounts and if they are Chase. They just vet your credit report and income.
I don't have Chase checking...do they ask for any banking relationship (i.e. credit cards)? I have a couple of their credit cards
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator guidepost

Note that the EMV (Chip & Signature or Chip & PIN) topic is already addressed in these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brosnan6
I don't have Chase checking...do they ask for any banking relationship (i.e. credit cards)? I have a couple of their credit cards
No it's a pretty standard application form, actually shorter than most.

Personal Info, Employer, Occupation, Annual Income, Monthly Housing Payments, If you have Checking/Savings Accounts.(If they are JP Morgan or Chase) Signature and a box for another signature so that if you are approved it can be etched from it.

I do have a few Chase checking accounts, but definitely not my primary accounts. I don't think they played any factor in the approval. Truly believe it's just the stated income and if your credit supports that to be so.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...for that I could get the JPM Select card for a $95 annual fee....
Agreed. I am curious why one would choose Palladium over Select
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Agreed. I am curious why one would choose Palladium over Select
I got it in hopes that the rumors of the perks/statuses being enhanced come to fruition. Chase is in bed with a good amount of Airlines/Hotels, so it would be nice. If not I'll likely give it up when the next yearly fee is due.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:14 pm

I got it in hopes that the rumors of the perks/statuses being enhanced come to fruition. Chase is in bed with a good amount of Airlines/Hotels, so it would be nice. If not I'll likely give it up when the next yearly fee is due.
I agree: if they rolled out a bunch of great partners, then it might be worth it. For me, it might be worth switching when my Amex Plat is up for a fee, if their perks beat the Plat.

But as I understand it, the Palladium doesn't waive the first year's fee, right? Would it be possible to get a Select (first year waived), and then 'upgrade' to the Palladium? Would they just pro-rate the Palladium's yearly fee, or could we potentially get the Palladium with the first year effectively free (riding out the balance of the Select)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.