JP Morgan Palladium Card

Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by dougny
I actually have had this card since fall if anyone wants to know anything.
What brand wallet do you have it stored in?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: continental
hey,
drooping the amx Platinum , debating between Presidential plus chase continental and J.P. Morgan plladium Visa.
is that what you have?
how easy it to transfer miles to Continental?
tx
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by harel
hey
drooping the amx Platinum , debating between Presidential plus chase continental and J.P. Morgan plladium Visa.
is that what you have?
how easy it to transfer miles to Continental?
tx
I don't think getting the Palladium Visa is really that simple as "oh do i want this or that". Wait until you are offered it (got 30m in the bank?) before actually trying to even consider making this judgement call!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA CK (1.4MM), Amex Cent, Hyatt Glb, DL Plt, BVY Gld, Hertz Plt, DL Plt, VA Gld, UA Gld
Originally Posted by bver100
I don't think getting the Palladium Visa is really that simple as "oh do i want this or that". Wait until you are offered it (got 30m in the bank?) before actually trying to even consider making this judgement call!
Actually that's what I did. I found out about it in this thread, read the Barron's article then called my Morgan Private rep and asked about it. She didn't know much about it and had never seen one at that time but said it wouldn't be a problem to get. Truth be told, I really just got it because I was really curious what the look and feel of the card was. I think other points and credit card buffs will understand that.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dougny
Actually that's what I did. I found out about it in this thread, read the Barron's article then called my Morgan Private rep and asked about it. She didn't know much about it and had never seen one at that time but said it wouldn't be a problem to get. Truth be told, I really just got it because I was really curious what the look and feel of the card was. I think other points and credit card buffs will understand that.
You obtained a credit card with a $595 annual fee because you wanted to see what it looked like?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, *wood, (re)starting from scratch
Pa

Commodities are on a tear!! Just the metal in the card could be worth $1000 now!!

By the way, as a 0.00015% shareholder of JPM, I appreciate the support
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:16 pm

Any one know if Palladium cards are already being issued with EMV chips? Thinking of getting one.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:17 pm

Also, any fee for additional card holder?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: QR Plat, NZ*E, LT AA Plat, LT Bonvoy Plat + countless others
Originally Posted by Roka
Any one know if Palladium cards are already being issued with EMV chips? Thinking of getting one.
Not as yet, but apparently sometime this month. Additional cards are $100.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by Roka
they told me they will start releasing them this wednesday, june 15.
also, the person i spoke with swore it was chip and pin (not chip and signature). i'll report back which it actually is as soon as the new one arrives.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
they told me they will start releasing them this wednesday, june 15.
also, the person i spoke with swore it was chip and pin (not chip and signature). i'll report back which it actually is as soon as the new one arrives.
just used the new chipped card here in prague. it's chip and signature, not chip and pin.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...it's chip and signature, not chip and pin.
Thank you for the verification. I imagine this means the card is inserted in the same fashion as a Chip & PIN card, the terminal recognizes the Chip, and automatically prints a transaction slip to be signed? Do the sales clerks seem familiar with the process or surprised?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the verification. I imagine this means the card is inserted in the same fashion as a Chip & PIN card, the terminal recognizes the Chip, and automatically prints a transaction slip to be signed? Do the sales clerks seem familiar with the process or surprised?
yes. that's exactly how it has worked. when you insert the card into the machine (i used it in one that only took chipped cards), the screen said something in czech and then said "approved" and then the cashier handed me a receipt to sign and asked to see the signature on the back of my card. not sure what would have happened if it had been an automated check-out that required a pin. the card does have a pin but it's only for withdrawing cash.

no surprises from anyone thus far (other than the standard shock & awe from the fact that the card is very heavy).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:07 pm

not sure what would have happened if it had been an automated check-out that required a pin.
That's the biggest question many of us have about the chip & signature cards - whether they'll work in unattended kiosks and the like. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:29 pm

With no fees on cash advances, does this card still offer rewards on cash advances?

That could be a big perk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.