Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by AmexCent
So which number did you call to get them finally send you the application. I kept getting that "must be a private bank customer".

It now appears that JP Morgan is trying to make it a marketing bait for their private banking service. I tried at least 4 calls, all ended up with a Private Banker that insisted on the card is only for PB customer.

The benefit of the card is of no value to me, I was just trying to see how the actual card differs from my Centurion card. I am so surprised that JP Morgan would make this kind of dumb decision. This means that the card base would never increase to a meaningful size to sign the attractive benefits for hotels and airlines.

How many people you know would open a PB account and put that much of money in just for the Palladium card? None for me.

Anyone still has the PDF file, kindly pm me. thanks!

Last edited by APeverell; Apr 27, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:47 pm

delete

Last edited by yOyOYoo; May 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by AmexCent
It now appears that JP Morgan is trying to make it a marketing bait for their private banking service.
Weird...the rep I spoke to was terminally mellow and didn't try to push PB on me at all. I agree that they won't have much success if this is just a ploy to expand PB. I hope that isn't the game plan, as I think a lot of AmEx folks would be willing to jump ship, given the increasing fees and perception of decreased benefits.

Oh, well - still willing to give it a year or two to see how it all plays out.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
I think a lot of AmEx folks would be willing to jump ship, given the increasing fees and perception of decreased benefits.

Are you talking Centurion or Platinum?

I have not considered the Palladium card as a competitor to the Centurion card. It might be able to compete with Amex Platinum if Chase adds some additional perks, like status with a hotel chain or two.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
Are you talking Centurion or Platinum?

I have not considered the Palladium card as a competitor to the Centurion card. It might be able to compete with Amex Platinum if Chase adds some additional perks, like status with a hotel chain or two.

You do get black status with Global Hotel Alliance which includes the Omni.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
I have not considered the Palladium card as a competitor to the Centurion card. It might be able to compete with AmEx Platinum if Chase adds some additional perks, like status with a hotel chain or two.
I think there's really room for a card that falls between the AmEx Plat and Cent, with a fee to match. Status with a hotel chain, first-tier status with an airline or two, and leveraging partnerships (perhaps a number of free club-level accesses to Ritz-Carlton every year, like their RC-branded card) would all be benefits that would interest me sufficiently to dump AmEx entirely.

Nobody seems to be aiming at the person who spends $20-50k per year on luxury travel...Centurion only wants the high roller, and Platinum has become mass-market. I can't believe hotels and airlines wouldn't be interested in locking in my revenue stream in a way that doesn't threaten their upper-tier elites.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:48 pm

I will take a PM with the application, too.

Thanks!!
Old May 1, 2012, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Austin99
I haven't seen any information about the black status with the Global Hotel Alliance... Where did you find that?
Old May 1, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by anks329
I haven't seen any information about the black status with the Global Hotel Alliance... Where did you find that?
I was signed up by Palladium concierge when booking a room at the Omni. They said it was a benefit of being a Palladium card holder.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
I was signed up by Palladium concierge when booking a room at the Omni. They said it was a benefit of being a Palladium card holder.
Did they provide any information or just process the enrollment? I've read on some other boards that it is being offered. However, I'm on the phone with them now and they (Chase CS), doesn't seem to know anything.

I've got some upcoming reservations at the Omni I need to make and every little bit helps.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by fueldude
Did they provide any information or just process the enrollment? I've read on some other boards that it is being offered. However, I'm on the phone with them now and they (Chase CS), doesn't seem to know anything.

I've got some upcoming reservations at the Omni I need to make and every little bit helps.
They processed all the information when I called to have them get a reservation for me. I am not sure why they aren't aware but I would call back till you get someone who does.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by fueldude

I ended up calling the concierge line about something else, and asked about this. The rep sent me the details via email and set up the account for me.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the reminder. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of status with a more widely available brand or a high-end brand (e.g., Fairmont).
Old May 1, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Being the curious sort, I called the concierge and spoke to one of my regulars. She wasn't familiar with the GHA program but went to check with her supervisor.

She came back with a confirmation that black-level GHA membership was now part of the program and also told me about the lounge pass (which replaces priority pass but my priority pass is still good for 7 months) and access to the United Clubs (which she enrolled me in).

She also advised that there would be a new package of benefits being presented in the next few months.

Regarding GHA, the program covers a variety of hotels including Kempinski, Marco Polo, and Omni.

GHA Black Benefits include
  • One Black Local Experience
  • Choice of newspaper
  • Complimentary internet access
  • Complimentary bottle water
  • Membership preference profile
  • Double upgrade at check-in
  • Early check-in at 9 a.m. / Late check-out 6 p.m.
  • Guaranteed room availability 24 hours prior to arrival
  • Choice of Amenity

The local experiences sound quite interesting (I've been a Gold level member for a few years but haven't used any of my experiences yet).

Some hotels add more benefits. For Black, Marco Polo adds
Local seasonal fruit platter
Choice of pillow
Complimentary buffet breakfast
10% discount on laundry, pressing & dry cleaning
30% off mini bar usage
Old May 1, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by jspira
Being the curious sort, I called the concierge and spoke to one of my regulars. She wasn't familiar with the GHA program but went to check with her supervisor.

She came back with a confirmation that black-level GHA membership was now part of the program and also told me about the lounge pass (which replaces priority pass but my priority pass is still good for 7 months) and access to the United Clubs (which she enrolled me in).
Can you please expand on the United clubs benefit? Is this a straight membership they comp for cardholders or something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.