JP Morgan Palladium Card

Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by greglvnv
No. This card needs to be applied for as opposed to converted to. No way around it for now.
I called in yesterday and was transferred to JP Morgan private banking. They suggested I "deepen my relationship" with them and open a private banking account in the 1-5mm range. They took my info and said someone would be in contact. Is being a private banking client once again a requirement? There is no way in hell I am going to move money around for a credit card.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I called in yesterday and was transferred to JP Morgan private banking. They suggested I "deepen my relationship" with them and open a private banking account in the 1-5mm range. They took my info and said someone would be in contact. Is being a private banking client once again a requirement? There is no way in hell I am going to move money around for a credit card.
Interesting. I've had the card for 6 months and have never been contacted by private bank or private client folks.

Do you have a local JPM Chase private client or private banking office where you live? I don't so maybe that is why.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
No. You can just fill out an app and fax it to JPMorgan. There is no need for the Private Bank to get involved unless that's what you want.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv
No. This card needs to be applied for as opposed to converted to. No way around it for now.
Do you know if that is actually the case for other JPM products, e.g., JPM Select? I'm sure Chase to JPM won't work, but I can't seem to get an answer either way as to whether JPM Select to Palladium is workable.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by mzkaiser
Do you know if that is actually the case for other JPM products, e.g., JPM Select? I'm sure Chase to JPM won't work, but I can't seem to get an answer either way as to whether JPM Select to Palladium is workable.
The way it's done is following: instead of converting, Chase wants you to apply for a new card and, at that time, you are given an option of moving credit lines over to the new card up to and including eliminating the old card.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:27 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
Would love to add this card; but except for the increased value of spending points on travel; I can't see any major benefit of the Palladium vs AMEX Platinum+Sapphire; and I've got no more room in my day to day wallet. (And if this card just sits at home.)

Better concierge would be nice; the quality of AMEX Platinum has seemed to diminish a little bit; but beyond that, I can't think of any compelling reasons to switch. Anyone know of any benefits I might have missed?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:50 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rizwank
Anyone know of any benefits I might have missed?
This is essentially the question posed in post 206.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is essentially the question posed in post 206.
And to sum the responses up: 1) better "pay with points" value on UR points (1.5 cents per point), 2) better concierge, 3) better hotel perks, and 4) some other largely unpersuasive perks like gift cards.

Beyond those, the card isn't much better than JPM Select. I know nothing about Sapphire card benefits, but I assume they're similar but probably not quite as broad in some respects as JPM Select.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:10 am
Suspended

Someone from private banking emailed me. I am going to call them later today. Basically I just want a high end card that lets me move the points I earn to United. I have no desire to open a private banking relationship with them, so I figure i'll just tell them I want an alternative to my AMEX, take it or leave it. Does the Palladium earn 2:1 on travel and food/bev like the Sapphire?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Someone from private banking emailed me. I am going to call them later today. Basically I just want a high end card that lets me move the points I earn to United. I have no desire to open a private banking relationship with them, so I figure i'll just tell them I want an alternative to my AMEX, take it or leave it. Does the Palladium earn 2:1 on travel and food/bev like the Sapphire?
If that's really what you want get the MP Club card and the sapphire... same price with the lounges and flexible earning / spending.

There is nothing this card offers that you can't get better or cheaper elsewhere - other than wallet candy. Which might be enough.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
If that's really what you want get the MP Club card and the sapphire... same price with the lounges and flexible earning / spending.

There is nothing this card offers that you can't get better or cheaper elsewhere - other than wallet candy. Which might be enough.
I'm aware of that (and have those cards), but i'm buying into the hype that they are going to add more hotel/airline partnerships with comped elite status' to Palladium members in the future, and that by that point it might be an invite only card, so i'm trying to get in while the getting is good. If it never materializes, can always cancel.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy

Some of us travel with friends and family a lot. The free guest access to PP clubs with the Pd card is golden.

I recently guested 4 people into a lounge...with American express platinum that would have cost me $108 for EACH of our two lay-overs.

Some people claim Amex platinum service is several steps above standard credit card service and that has been true in my experience. The service with the Pd card, however, is the same number of degrees better than Amex Platinum is better than standard cards. For my current lifestyle that is worth paying for. I can certainly see a time where I would no longer need the services and I understand if some people are not willing to pay for superior service.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
Some of us travel with friends and family a lot. The free guest access to PP clubs with the Pd card is golden.

I recently guested 4 people into a lounge...with American express platinum that would have cost me $108 for EACH of our two lay-overs.
Are you sure you haven't been charged for the guests? PP told me that the Palladium membership only includes one guest.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Are you sure you haven't been charged for the guests? PP told me that the Palladium membership only includes one guest.

I've guested more than one person in multiple times and have never been charged. Even if the benefit is only one guest that can still save a lot of money compared to the Amex platinum zero guest benefit.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:02 pm

I just received my Lounge Club card for Palladium card ownership.

I spoke with the concierge who confirmed that Palladium is now working with Lounge Club, and NOT Priority Pass like the Palladium card advertises.

www.loungeclub.com

This concerns me because Lounge Club doesn't seem to offer as many clubs as Priority Pass. Lounge Club is stated to offer "over 350" VIP lounges while Priority Pass offers "over 600" lounges.

This is a little upsetting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.