Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:36 am

about to cancel my presidential plus card which provides me access to the united club, premier access for security, boarding, and free checked baggage. I know the palladium card provides access to the united club, but does it also provide those other benefits? If so, i'll just cancel the PP card since it's 395. I don't mind paying an extra couple hundred bucks for the palladium, the cool factor alone is worth it.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Which level of elite status do you hold with UA?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Which level of elite status do you hold with UA?

not even at silver
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Palladium gets United Club, but I don't think there are any other benefits on United. My big wish for this card is that it gets at least low level status on United or better. I am not holding my breath however.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:51 am

I was doing a bit of research on the Palladium, and I was looking for the official benefits brochure... I found the 2012 version searching the forum and Google, but I was wondering if anyone had the 2013? (Or 2014? Do they even release these in advance?)

Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
Palladium gets United Club, but I don't think there are any other benefits on United. My big wish for this card is that it gets at least low level status on United or better. I am not holding my breath however.
i spoke to them and no it does not. i guess it's goodbye palladium card for me.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 4:40 pm

outside US

Is it possible to get a Palladium card for foreigners? I'm not a resident in the US and I'm not planning to move there. So, if I would open a Chase Private account with the required amount of money, can I get the card as a European citizen & resident?

It would be nice, since this card has zero foreign transaction fee so it's perfect for frequent flyers. I know it's only available in USD but it's perfectly fine for me!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by pinkn
Is it possible to get a Palladium card for foreigners? I'm not a resident in the US and I'm not planning to move there. So, if I would open a Chase Private account with the required amount of money, can I get the card as a European citizen & resident?

It would be nice, since this card has zero foreign transaction fee so it's perfect for frequent flyers. I know it's only available in USD but it's perfectly fine for me!
You need a social security number and an established credit history in the United States.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by augustus21
You need a social security number and an established credit history in the United States.
Are you sure? Even if I deposit millions of dollars? It would be strange, since we're talking about a private bank which has clients from all over the world. J.P. Morgan said itself they have probably half of the world's billionaires as clients.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by pinkn
Are you sure? Even if I deposit millions of dollars? It would be strange, since we're talking about a private bank which has clients from all over the world. J.P. Morgan said itself they have probably half of the world's billionaires as clients.
Maybe contact Chase and ask what you options are.
https://www.chase.com/online/private...redit-card.htm
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I believe OP would need a social security # even to open up a bank account with Chase.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by dw
I believe OP would need a social security # even to open up a bank account with Chase.
Huh. If the OP really has millions of dollars to kick around, he will find a way to open a Chase account - and he won't need advice from an online forum!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
Chase, and any other US banking institution has no problem opening a bank account without a social security # for an individual. Pre-patriot act anyone could open an account with basic identification. Since the patriot act went into effect there is additional scrutiny and you have to fill out a couple of extra forms...but again its nothing major, maybe 10 minutes worth of extra paperwork. Any "clued in" banker will know what needs to be done...if they don't the back office will send the documents to you to complete.

I've seen the documents sent to foreign addresses if need for completion...
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by dw
Quote:

Correct. You need a social security number to open even a basic checking account.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Did anybody else get the updated benefits brochure this week in the mail? I had never really given it a full readthrough, but was pleased to find that there is also a loss protection feature as part of purchase protection (similar to what Amex offers for Plat/Cent). And the terms are 120 days, although the claim process does not seem to be nearly as simple as Amex's.

Also, they are getting rid of the hotel theft protection as well as the event ticket protection. Not sure if those were ever used by anybody here (I didn't even know those were there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.